New DLC

Carbon_Lancer

I love new trophies with games as well, but things like the latest DLC and the one with 100 gold troops is that it isn't a skill thing at all or hey new content look at it and beat it. They are purely a grind and a very very long one at that. It is obvious that they are focusing on trophy hunters with the latest few patches because I'm assuming that keeps people playing and paying...

I'm at 21K right now for delve and it is the least enjoyable thing to do in the game for me beyond guild wars events. I was ok with the max out a delve since that was doing something like completing content but the way the more recent delves are the troops themselves suck terribly and are so luck based it isn't even funny. Also (I think they did fix it) one delve if you actually used the troops for the faction only delve you wouldn't actually get credit for faction only because you transform your troops as one of the spells. It is stupid.

Also anyone who comes onto a trophy hunting web site for trophy hunters and says something like "Well you don't have to get every trophy for every game", can suck it. I mean you are correct you don't have to get every trophy for every game but you also don't have to be a douche but it didn't stop you from being one......

1 hour ago, Nutrageous69 said:

I love new trophies with games as well, but things like the latest DLC and the one with 100 gold troops is that it isn't a skill thing at all or hey new content look at it and beat it. They are purely a grind and a very very long one at that. It is obvious that they are focusing on trophy hunters with the latest few patches because I'm assuming that keeps people playing and paying...

I'm at 21K right now for delve and it is the least enjoyable thing to do in the game for me beyond guild wars events. I was ok with the max out a delve since that was doing something like completing content but the way the more recent delves are the troops themselves suck terribly and are so luck based it isn't even funny. Also (I think they did fix it) one delve if you actually used the troops for the faction only delve you wouldn't actually get credit for faction only because you transform your troops as one of the spells. It is stupid.

Also anyone who comes onto a trophy hunting web site for trophy hunters and says something like "Well you don't have to get every trophy for every game", can suck it. I mean you are correct you don't have to get every trophy for every game but you also don't have to be a douche but it didn't stop you from being one......

Suck my balls bro. I’m happy for the new trophies, hence me being on a trophy site. I hope they put a 100 more in too, then you’ll really cry. 

2 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

I’m level 1050 ish. And I’m not that fussed if I’m missing a couple of trophies. I get excited when new trophies get released for this game. I play it everyday, so why not have a few more bronzes pop here and there, and work on that gold you’re talking about over the years. I don’t get why you take it so seriously 

Maybe because I'm not into this game anymore. PvP is a joke at the moment. There is a team that appears like 90% that takes 10 minutes to complete because it summons spiders every time it takes damage (and you can't target him until all spiders are dead).

While I play delves, I can't farm Explore to get more souls and medals. And at this point, after completing some battles, using almost the same team in every event, it's kinda boring. I don't even want to play in the Events for the guild like I used to like them.

Its like @Klart said, we need more easy trophies to experiment the new modes and updates, not random grindy trophies. Most people gave up on the game long time ago because of the annoying amount of trophies, after playing the same thing over and over. Now nobody wants to start this game because it has so many trophies that requires hundreds of hours. 

This argument is puzzling. Nobody is forcing you to get every single trophy in the game.

...I guess the only reason the new trophies would be upsetting is if you're the type of person who absolutely NEEDS to 100% every single game on your profile. 

If the grind to get the new trophies is boring, just don't do it.... (Having said that, I do agree that it would be nice to get easy trophies for a bigger variety of activities)

Regarding delves, it is insane that they only have delve events for such short times (3 days for brand new delves, and Tuesday only for repeat delves), plus they always make you start from the beginning. Some of us have lives and jobs. There is no way I could ever get to 500 during the event. Why not have week-long delve events???

8 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Maybe because I'm not into this game anymore. PvP is a joke at the moment. There is a team that appears like 90% that takes 10 minutes to complete because it summons spiders every time it takes damage (and you can't target him until all spiders are dead).

The famous Orbweaver / Life & Death team? You probably need to create a different PvP team, then. This is certainly not the best team, but I typically use 3x Finesse + Nimbus Bow (Stormcaller class). Finesse will hit 1 targeted enemy + 1 random enemy, so it can hit the stealthy hero. 3x fully-traited Finesses can build up power very quickly if you're lucky with 4/5 gem matches, plus they will fill each other's mana. Not a guaranteed win, but if I do win, it certainly does not take 10 minutes. Maybe 2-3.

51 minutes ago, peffsi said:

This argument is puzzling. Nobody is forcing you to get every single trophy in the game.

...I guess the only reason the new trophies would be upsetting is if you're the type of person who absolutely NEEDS to 100% every single game on your profile. 

If the grind to get the new trophies is boring, just don't do it.... (Having said that, I do agree that it would be nice to get easy trophies for a bigger variety of activities)

Regarding delves, it is insane that they only have delve events for such short times (3 days for brand new delves, and Tuesday only for repeat delves), plus they always make you start from the beginning. Some of us have lives and jobs. There is no way I could ever get to 500 during the event. Why not have week-long delve events???

The famous Orbweaver / Life & Death team? You probably need to create a different PvP team, then. This is certainly not the best team, but I typically use 3x Finesse + Nimbus Bow (Stormcaller class). Finesse will hit 1 targeted enemy + 1 random enemy, so it can hit the stealthy hero. 3x fully-traited Finesses can build up power very quickly if you're lucky with 4/5 gem matches, plus they will fill each other's mana. Not a guaranteed win, but if I do win, it certainly does not take 10 minutes. Maybe 2-3.

It's not that I "NEED" any game at 100%. But since it has been 100% until the Geoff trophy and considering the hundreds of hours I put into this game, I kinda need this one.

You're actually mentioning the same problem as I am. When I had to farm Souls and other stuff to unlock Xathenos, I was unlocking other trophies and enjoying the game, finding new cards and teams. Delves don't give you that. I hate all faction teams, so I'm using different teams to finish delves quickly and without casualties. When things go well, I get a total of 90 points of Renown. Like you said, if these events weren't so restricted, maybe I wouldn't be so upset about it. I estimate 30 days, playing daily and getting 90 points each day to reach 20k Renown. Plus, farming gold to the guild and complete those events.

Getting medals is another annoying story. I need to be in a guild to get se extra badges and medals. I'm always playing at the highest difficulty available and I don't feel it's rewarding, I don't get the best badges (like Magic) Ever. Is it possible to get badges elsewhere, like PVP or defending? 

7 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Getting medals is another annoying story. I need to be in a guild to get se extra badges and medals. I'm always playing at the highest difficulty available and I don't feel it's rewarding, I don't get the best badges (like Magic) Ever. Is it possible to get badges elsewhere, like PVP or defending? 

Unless you're in a top-of-the-line guild that completes all of the Epic Tasks every week, chances are you aren't getting any meaningful number of Medals by way of your guild.  The intent of the game as currently constructed is to oblige you to play Explore mode and to do so at very high difficulty levels if you want to farm Badges and Medals in any reasonable numbers.

As for the general thrust of the new trophy batch that dropped with version 4.9?  It's catering to end-game players, which is probably smart economics from the developer at this point in the game's life-cycle.  Sure, you'd love for them to keep attracting (and retaining) new players, but their cash cow are the long-time players who spend real money on the game because that's what supports the chunk of the player base that simply takes what they can get in the F2P model and never contributes a dime.  And trophies like "accumulate 30k total renown" is directed towards that group.

The trophy for Elite upgrading 100 troops fully?  Beyond it being a shot at one particular streamer, it's meant to keep you in front of your console playing the game for long periods of time.  If that's not for you, find something you do enjoy and "vote with your feet" or "vote with your wallet" by not playing Gems of War and not spending any money on it.

1 hour ago, acasser said:

Unless you're in a top-of-the-line guild that completes all of the Epic Tasks every week, chances are you aren't getting any meaningful number of Medals by way of your guild.  The intent of the game as currently constructed is to oblige you to play Explore mode and to do so at very high difficulty levels if you want to farm Badges and Medals in any reasonable numbers.

As for the general thrust of the new trophy batch that dropped with version 4.9?  It's catering to end-game players, which is probably smart economics from the developer at this point in the game's life-cycle.  Sure, you'd love for them to keep attracting (and retaining) new players, but their cash cow are the long-time players who spend real money on the game because that's what supports the chunk of the player base that simply takes what they can get in the F2P model and never contributes a dime.  And trophies like "accumulate 30k total renown" is directed towards that group.

The trophy for Elite upgrading 100 troops fully?  Beyond it being a shot at one particular streamer, it's meant to keep you in front of your console playing the game for long periods of time.  If that's not for you, find something you do enjoy and "vote with your feet" or "vote with your wallet" by not playing Gems of War and not spending any money on it.

What perks do you get by using money? All I see is you can get keys and unlock the regular cards. Why paying 50 or 100 euros when I already have the best mythic troops?!

Besides this is all about chances. Example, the guild chests says 40k will give you the chance to get legendary and mythic troops (at least 50% of those cards). All I get is exotic cards all the time at the end of the week. So it might happen the same when you buy something from those chests with real money, right?

I guess none of the players who actually spend money and time on Gems of War really give a damn about trophies. Maybe that's why there was a trophy named to a specific person, one of the few that actually care about achievements. I always checked my guild leaders and the other superior members' profiles and none tries to unlock them.

13 hours ago, peffsi said:

Yeah the delves are the worst. 3 days for a new delve is doable but still tight unless you really commit to it. At least they added the ability to buy buffs via gems so that you don't have to grind out the treasure level. Back when I got my first and only 2500 point delve faction I had grinded the treasure horde to like 340 and still couldn't be faction only. The one day faction events are just crap and no where near enough time for any average player to grind through. I mean your talking bare minimum 49 delves with at least 3 (most are 4) matches per delve. So ~200 matches to finish a delve with no random FU computer moves. Even at an average of 1 minute a game which at higher levels is probably no where near how long it would take your talking ~4 hours of non stop delve matches to finish.

I could maybe forgive this but it is every Tuesday so screw anyone who has anything they want/need to do on Tuesdays. I have board game night with people from work on every Tuesday so basically I can get in a couple of delves before heading off to bed. I know you don't have to do every event every week, but basically due to my schedule I am cut out of delve events except the new ones. I know my choice on something else, but they should at least switch up the days events occur on so to be more flexible.

On top of that delves can be extremely frustrating reward wise. I can't remember how many times I've completed a full delve (all rooms) and gotten treasure chest up to level 10 (Don't even get me started on the two times I actually managed to be able to get it to level 11 but the game stops at level 10) and got like 200 glory and 50 shards and like 5 ingots where as other runs at level 7 or 8 treasure level getting 50K gold and/or 100+ shards. I mean a normal delve can take what like 20 minutes and at the end you get basically nothing. I mean great glory but in a delve I'd rather have gold and shards to help out the next delve.

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

What perks do you get by using money? All I see is you can get keys and unlock the regular cards. Why paying 50 or 100 euros when I already have the best mythic troops?!

Besides this is all about chances. Example, the guild chests says 40k will give you the chance to get legendary and mythic troops (at least 50% of those cards). All I get is exotic cards all the time at the end of the week. So it might happen the same when you buy something from those chests with real money, right?

I guess none of the players who actually spend money and time on Gems of War really give a damn about trophies. Maybe that's why there was a trophy named to a specific person, one of the few that actually care about achievements. I always checked my guild leaders and the other superior members' profiles and none tries to unlock them.

Money allows you to shortcut the grinding process.  You get to skip a fair amount of the time and effort, and you do get access a handful of things that F2P players will never see, such as VIP offers.

As for the "not caring about achievements", I doubt that's the case at all.  The trophy named after one particular person was a direct shot from the programmers/developers at a particular guy who occasionally plays Gems of War in his streams and made a comment about having 100% of all achievements.  So the programmers/developers decided they'd give him a big task to work towards.

That being said, if you're someone who places a tremendous value on trophies and completionism, Gems of War was never going to be for you.  Even with the piles of DLC trophies, you're simply looking at too much time and sustained effort as compared to virtually every other game out there.  Somebody who wants to measure the size of his trophy case against everybody else isn't going to poke into this game -- money or no -- when there are so many easy games out there to pad one's stats.

52 minutes ago, acasser said:

Money allows you to shortcut the grinding process.  You get to skip a fair amount of the time and effort, and you do get access a handful of things that F2P players will never see, such as VIP offers.

As for the "not caring about achievements", I doubt that's the case at all.  The trophy named after one particular person was a direct shot from the programmers/developers at a particular guy who occasionally plays Gems of War in his streams and made a comment about having 100% of all achievements.  So the programmers/developers decided they'd give him a big task to work towards.

That being said, if you're someone who places a tremendous value on trophies and completionism, Gems of War was never going to be for you.  Even with the piles of DLC trophies, you're simply looking at too much time and sustained effort as compared to virtually every other game out there.  Somebody who wants to measure the size of his trophy case against everybody else isn't going to poke into this game -- money or no -- when there are so many easy games out there to pad one's stats.

I'm asking about the real money because I saw level 50 cards there and I thought that you get boost for your regular cards. Didn't know if there were any other perks. For instance, you could get the best medals there. And receave some tokens daily to reduce the grind of this trophy. 

Yes, that's the streamer alright, and that's why I said most of the regular players, don't care about achievements. They made a specific trophy for one person only, because he was one of the few that actually have 100% the game. Otherwise, there wasn't a bullshit trophy like that. They dropped that one so he could grind more into the game. 

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

How much money do you think has to be dropped for the game mininum now with these new updates?

None, if you're willing to put in the time and effort.  It would still take a fair amount of both, but there has never been a money requirement if you're willing to put in sweat equity.

It's like so many of the other gacha games out there on mobile devices and other "free to play/pay to win" games.  You can fork over real money if you want the boosters, but you can do pretty much everything without it.  It might take more time and more effort than buying your way to success, but the only thing stopping you from doing it all for free is you.

3 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I know its not mandatory but how much time does it save really?

I suppose it depends on what you buy.  Some of the premium options are real time-savers and give you significantly more resources or allow you to earn a multiple of what you otherwise could in the same amount of time.  Some of the premium options are complete crap.  There are a few things that CANNOT be acquired normally but are available for real money, but none of it is game-breaking.  tl;dr?  It'll smooth the road for you, but it won't chaffeur you down said road.

If I were to offer advice to a brand-new player who was really intent on getting most/all of the trophies, I'd tell him two things.  First, it requires a large amount of time and sustained effort.  Second, to find an active guild (or family of guilds) as to have a lot of other people helping out with things like guild tasks and events because that can get you a LOT of rewards without having to put in as much work -- said active guilds will probably requiest a fair amount of participation on your end as well, but the benefits probably outweigh the costs if you meet their requirements.

I just got 'Exalted' last week and was super excited to see my completion on the game back up to over 90%. 

That said, while the trophies are ridiculously grindy, they are not tough. I don't particularly like delves, but they can be completed quickly. I also enjoy having this game as my "home base" of games. Its also been fun working on managing a guild from the ground up to a good spot in the overall rankings on PSN comprised mostly of trophy hunters. 

You just really need to find the sweet spot of daily routine, know when you can slack a bit, and when you can push more or when you're just in the mood to play more. 

Let me say this about the trophy for earning 30k renown (total):  It's a number that looks intimidating when viewed as one raw, massive total.  But less so when you think about how many delves there are these days.  The 20th delve released this morning on PS4 (and X-Box, and PC/Mobile) and there will be 34 delves roughly one year from now.  So you're looking at 1500 renown per delve now and less than 1000 renown per delve if you give it a year.  And that's a far less intimidating and difficult number to reach than thoughts that you have to get 2000+ renown per delve to make it to that benchmark.

I know it's pretty easy for me to say this.  I'm an endgame player, I have more than 42k total renown without having yet touched the new delve and I've fully completed five separate delves (to the maximum 2500 renown).  But I was pointing out to one of the newer players in my guild -- a guy who stepped away from Gems of War for a couple of years before returning -- it's not really as bad as it seems.  And there are a couple of delves that aren't spectacularly difficult to do with a full team of native units even at level 500 if you've fully ascended and traited the units and have an okay-ish hoard, though some RNG good fortune might be required.  (Mind you, I've also fully completed one faction where a spectacular amount of hoard is required and luck on top of that as well.)

So for the newer/lesser players, I'd look at that trophy as a lengthy journey and not something to try and punch out in short order, much as the "fully elite 100 troops" trophy is also a lengthy journey.  And to attack that in small(er) chunks over time.

• Like 1

So what is the best method to get the Exalted trophy as of now? Haven't really played since the underworld update came out. From what I have gathered you are better off waiting for a faction event on Tuesday and grinding it out in one day?

Also for the delves right now I am doing all 9 matches each time. Should I be doing this or can I skip some matches?

Edited by lordzeze

4 hours ago, lordzeze said:

So what is the best method to get the Exalted trophy as of now? Haven't really played since the underworld update came out. From what I have gathered you are better off waiting for a faction event on Tuesday and grinding it out in one day?

Also for the delves right now I am doing all 9 matches each time. Should I be doing this or can I skip some matches?

For the Exalted trophy?  Pick one of the easy/easier Delves and do that.  Feed the hoard to the necessary/appropriate levels, push it to 500 using a sound team -- depending on the colors of the delve and what the delve is going to try and do to you, that team will change -- and then knock it out with a faction team.  Pushing the associated overworld kingdom to at least Power Level 14 (for the 50% hoard stat bonus) also helps.

If I were to nominate a single delve for this, I'd probably suggest The Deep Hive these days.  It's very winnable with a faction team (Scarab Knight to tank, 3x Queen Beetrix behind it) without an immense hoard -- the strategy is to get the team looping and feeding itself:  I did it at Hoard 124 (plus the bonus from the overworld kingdom power).  As for a non-faction team to grind it all the way up, I went with Stonehammer / Hero (Yasmine's Pride) / Yao Guai / Lord Ember.

You don't want to try and grind it out in one Tuesday if you have other options.  Not only is it very expensive in terms of gem purchases to get enough sigils, but it's tedious and time consuming to the extreme.

As for doing all 9 matches in a delve and whether or not that's a good idea?  That depends on your objectives when running the delve.

If you're focused on leveling the things up to grind renown, you're better off making a beeline to the boss room, perhaps taking a (brief) side trip to skip around a particularly onerous room when you have path alternatives or taking a (brief) side trip if there's a boon room just off your direct path that you find very helpful.  More battles means more chances to have something go pear-shaped.

On the other hand, if you're using a delve run to grind shards (or glory or gold or ingots), you want to hit as many rooms as possible.  But you probably also want to do those delves at minimal levels so you can nuke them in short order and move on.

19 hours ago, acasser said:

For the Exalted trophy?  Pick one of the easy/easier Delves and do that.  Feed the hoard to the necessary/appropriate levels, push it to 500 using a sound team -- depending on the colors of the delve and what the delve is going to try and do to you, that team will change -- and then knock it out with a faction team.  Pushing the associated overworld kingdom to at least Power Level 14 (for the 50% hoard stat bonus) also helps.

If I were to nominate a single delve for this, I'd probably suggest The Deep Hive these days.  It's very winnable with a faction team (Scarab Knight to tank, 3x Queen Beetrix behind it) without an immense hoard -- the strategy is to get the team looping and feeding itself:  I did it at Hoard 124 (plus the bonus from the overworld kingdom power).  As for a non-faction team to grind it all the way up, I went with Stonehammer / Hero (Yasmine's Pride) / Yao Guai / Lord Ember.

You don't want to try and grind it out in one Tuesday if you have other options.  Not only is it very expensive in terms of gem purchases to get enough sigils, but it's tedious and time consuming to the extreme.

As for doing all 9 matches in a delve and whether or not that's a good idea?  That depends on your objectives when running the delve.

If you're focused on leveling the things up to grind renown, you're better off making a beeline to the boss room, perhaps taking a (brief) side trip to skip around a particularly onerous room when you have path alternatives or taking a (brief) side trip if there's a boon room just off your direct path that you find very helpful.  More battles means more chances to have something go pear-shaped.

On the other hand, if you're using a delve run to grind shards (or glory or gold or ingots), you want to hit as many rooms as possible.  But you probably also want to do those delves at minimal levels so you can nuke them in short order and move on.

Thanks for the reply. The trophy and the underworld makes a lot more sense now with your explanation. I'll try the Deep Hive delve. Also read somewhere else that Amanithrax is also another easy delve to do with a team of 4 Gobtruffles. 

1 hour ago, lordzeze said:

Thanks for the reply. The trophy and the underworld makes a lot more sense now with your explanation. I'll try the Deep Hive delve. Also read somewhere else that Amanithrax is also another easy delve to do with a team of 4 Gobtruffles. 

I haven't really made a legitimate attempt at Amanithrax with a faction team at high levels just yet.  So I can't really speak to how easy/hard it is.  Though most of the suggestions I've seen for making the attempt suggest using a Mushroom Man as your tank and perhaps an Explodistool to reset the board if you don't have better plays.

But there's this to make it harder:  Amanithrax requires you to fight four battles plus the beginning and end rooms and at least one of them is going to be Level 400.  Mind you, Deep Hive requires at least two in that middle stage, and three if you're going to circle around the Tier V (level 450) rooms -- and I did exactly that in my run.  But they'll be easier fights and circling around probably means you're getting a boon room or two out of the bargain.

Amanithrax may not be bad.  I'd probably try Deep Hive first, or Crypt Keepers if you want to take your chances with RNG blessing you.

1 hour ago, acasser said:

I haven't really made a legitimate attempt at Amanithrax with a faction team at high levels just yet.  So I can't really speak to how easy/hard it is.  Though most of the suggestions I've seen for making the attempt suggest using a Mushroom Man as your tank and perhaps an Explodistool to reset the board if you don't have better plays.

But there's this to make it harder:  Amanithrax requires you to fight four battles plus the beginning and end rooms and at least one of them is going to be Level 400.  Mind you, Deep Hive requires at least two in that middle stage, and three if you're going to circle around the Tier V (level 450) rooms -- and I did exactly that in my run.  But they'll be easier fights and circling around probably means you're getting a boon room or two out of the bargain.

Amanithrax may not be bad.  I'd probably try Deep Hive first, or Crypt Keepers if you want to take your chances with RNG blessing you.

Ok thanks. And for Deep Hive is it the Drifting Sands kingdom that I want to be leveling up?

Just realized I don't have Stonehammer or Yasmine's Pride. Will have to research a different team to use.

Edited by lordzeze

18 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Amanithrax is easy as the Gobtruffles hit every enemy and create new gems, looping themselves. I think there're only 4 battles. I'm saving gems and I'll try this delve eventually.

I think the Exalted trophy got easier now that you can power up kingdoms with scrolls. It gives you more points to each of your skills.

I got my trophy before this update and I've done in the Crypt. It was a team of 4x Mortana (guess that's her name), focusing on skulls and her mana. Each time she casts a spell, there is a chance to assassinate that enemy (and no troop is imune to that). I ended the game with only one character. 

4 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Amanithrax is easy as the Gobtruffles hit every enemy and create new gems, looping themselves. I think there're only 4 battles. I'm saving gems and I'll try this delve eventually.

I might try it on Amanithrax as so far all the teams I have found for The Deep Dive I am missing one or two troops/weapons for them.

4 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I think the Exalted trophy got easier now that you can power up kingdoms with scrolls. It gives you more points to each of your skills.

I got my trophy before this update and I've done in the Crypt. It was a team of 4x Mortana (guess that's her name), focusing on skulls and her mana. Each time she casts a spell, there is a chance to assassinate that enemy (and no troop is imune to that). I ended the game with only one character. 

It is effective to use the 4x Mortana as the grind team to level the delve up or should I only use it as the faction team?

2 hours ago, lordzeze said:

I might try it on Amanithrax as so far all the teams I have found for The Deep Dive I am missing one or two troops/weapons for them.

It is effective to use the 4x Mortana as the grind team to level the delve up or should I only use it as the faction team?

Typically you want a more sure thing team to go through to get to 500 first as pure faction teams would usually have much less synergy and survivability. Especially that team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, with a new update you can get ready medals to purchase in Daily Deals. Medal of Gaard and 1000 souls costs 100 gems for example. Which may save you a hour or more of Explore farming. So its a good idea to log in every day to check it even if you aren't active.

But if you are going for 100 Gold troops trophy, you should already know 300 medals aren't a problem... It's 6 millions souls farm that will eat most of your time.

Edited by SuperZay