New DLC

Carbon_Lancer

4 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Looks like there's a new update for Gems and 2 new trophies! One of them is for having 500 troops - is there an easy way to see how many troops you currently have? I had a look and couldn't figure it out. It's probably glaring right at me but I can't see it! 

Press on troops, in that screen there is a little icon at the top of a man between 2 swords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Great, thanks, I've just had a look and it says I've got 598 but the trophy hasn't unlocked so I guess I'll wait and see if it pops when I get a new troop.

Same for me - at least it'll be easy to get a new troop with glory when it releases next week.

Yeah I got mine when I bought (insert slight shame at spending money on microtransactions) the Campaign pass as it gives free troops by this week if you've been doing the challenges. 

Not really liking the campaign pass thing right now. In other games I've played you basically just get more of stuff or better stuff in the same arena of items. I.E. 2 gem keys instead of 1 or 1 event in addition to the 1 gem key. In this one from what I'm seeing you get a mythic troop, a level 20 pet for a kingdom, and epic troop you can upgrade to mythic, and 2 weapons. 

I don't know about most people but the mythic troop and level 20 pet are usually the hard walls I hit when upgrading my kingdoms so these two allow an easy pass for a specific kingdom for money which starts to move the game over from a freemium game to a pay to win type game. 

With that said for $9.99 it is a fairly good deal compared to the other things they sell by a large margin. In addition this was my first purchase so I am not getting the benefits of being a VIP.

• 3 weeks later...

The key is a very low percentage drop.  If the developers boost the percentage of said drop during the next Vault weekend (September 11-13), this shouldn't be too much of an issue.  But otherwise it's something you're not likely to see unless you grind a LOT of Explore mode and even then the odds are strongly against you.

Of the 16 people that PSNP has recorded as having achieved this particular trophy, I recognize one name from my guild.  And there's probably close to a dozen of us who play a significant amount of Gems these days plus another dozen or so who play much more casually.

I don't like the percentages, but I suppose it could be worse:  it could be another of those "Geoff" trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chilary said:

Where can I find Gargantaur - this week's troop to kill from the campaign?

If you get far enough into the event, he has a chance to appear in the mythic-level event battles.  But that requires a minimum of 30 event victories first, and the Gargantaur battle has a 1-in-6 chance to spawn, and a Valraven can (and will at times) overwrite Gargantaur.

If you play Explore mode, he's 50/50 to appear in the Mythic Boss Battle in Grosh'Nak.

Your best chance is almost certainly in PvP.  A lot of players have included Gargantaur on their teams this week for just this purpose.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chilary said:

There are new trophies added in this DLC! I did not know it's possible.

Appear to be pretty easy, thankfully. 10 pets is a joke, it auto-popped for me.

Arena runs are a bit tougher now but beating one without losing a match is still very achievable. 

The third one appears to be based on the new Arena event that hasn’t dropped yet.

https://gemsofwar.com/5-2-update/

11 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Appear to be pretty easy, thankfully. 10 pets is a joke, it auto-popped for me.

Arena runs are a bit tougher now but beating one without losing a match is still very achievable. 

The third one appears to be based on the new Arena event that hasn’t dropped yet.

https://gemsofwar.com/5-2-update/

Thks 4 the info

The arena one can be a pain depending on your choices for troops, now that weapons have been removed. 

I was able to do it with a team of

Alastair 

Watch Mother

Hammerclaw 

Nightmare

Nightmare was totally useless but between Alastair and Watch Mother I had enough armor/health/barrier to survive and rely on skull matches to slog through. Was not pretty but it worked. 

• 2 months later...

Upcoming trophies in this weeks patch:

One Time at Warband Camp… - Unlock a Warband

My Time to Shrine - Fill a Shrine completely

Well, I’m Very Happy For You - Reach 40,000 Total Underworld Renown

source (site is broken sometimes, not jumping to the correct posts)

Edited by sXe_SiC_
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 7:08 AM, sXe_SiC_ said:

Upcoming trophies in this weeks patch:

One Time at Warband Camp… - Unlock a Warband

My Time to Shrine - Fill a Shrine completely

Well, I’m Very Happy For You - Reach 40,000 Total Underworld Renown

source (site is broken sometimes, not jumping to the correct posts)

Yep, trophies are out. 40K renown autopops, the other two seem unavailable for me but someone earned the Shrine trophy already.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Yep, trophies are out. 40K renown autopops, the other two seem unavailable for me but someone earned the Shrine trophy already.

Maybe already known, but the shrine trophy obtainable, however the Shrine function not live until next week.

Thanks @CovertMuffin123 @peffsi

Edited by sXe_SiC_
  • Like 1

I got 2 of the new trophies in around 10 minutes. The 3rd one (unlock a warband) will be available next week after guild wars. 

I found that info on gems of war forum.

As I side note this patch is full of bugs crashing the game constantly and only bring a few new options to spend real money on the game. Pure trash