New DLC

Carbon_Lancer

7 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

If you don't have Zuul you should 100% make him. He is a great troop. Makes farming Explore 12 super fast. 

If you have discord we have a pretty great group of Gems players/trophy hunters and we are always welcoming for more players to add to our conversations :)

Ok, I'm an earlier adopter (first to get 100% on the base game), but became a casual a bit later, and don't really keep up with most of it. 

If it wasn't for @TurtlePM advice and incentive, I wouldn't even have Exalted or the 20k delve score trophies..

Yes, I have discord,  but don't use it much.

Will pm you the id in a bit. 

• Like 1

I was heavily considering starting this game awhile back. Now I think I’m just going to avoid it unless the devs stop adding trophies (but still plan to support the servers for a long time after). 

I don’t mind slowly working my way through games with grindy (or difficult) trophies, but I do mind there not being a defined end point.

I’m not obsessed with having 100% on everything, but I’d be annoyed if I started and began seeing my completion percentage going down because the devs are so obsessed with adding new trophies.

I also have zero interest in spending actual money on a game like this, as a rule, I don’t do microtransactions (unless I have a 100% chance of getting what I want from them-and even then it’s in very rare circumstances) and from reading this thread it seems the devs are adding more and more of them. 

It’s too bad because this looks like a fun game.

39 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I was heavily considering starting this game awhile back. Now I think I’m just going to avoid it unless the devs stop adding trophies (but still plan to support the servers for a long time after). 

I don’t mind slowly working my way through games with grindy (or difficult) trophies, but I do mind there not being a defined end point.

I’m not obsessed with having 100% on everything, but I’d be annoyed if I started and began seeing my completion percentage going down because the devs are so obsessed with adding new trophies.

I also have zero interest in spending actual money on a game like this, as a rule, I don’t do microtransactions (unless I have a 100% chance of getting what I want from them-and even then it’s in very rare circumstances) and from reading this thread it seems the devs are adding more and more of them. 

It’s too bad because this looks like a fun game.

I see many people that play this game rag on it - but if you're even mildly interested in the genre, this game has a lot to offer. There are a lot of cash offers but there's nothing you NEED to buy for advancement. There's no "energy" sources like other F2P games, so there's no limit on gameplay (watch for burn out with this). 

Many of the trophies are easy to come by with most of the other "harder ones" just being longevity. There are only 2 tougher and grindier ones. 

As someone who has played for years, it's a fun game and does many things right. 

In my opinion, it's not an "apples to apples" comparison to stick this title up against most console games.  Gems of War isn't really a console game, but more like a mobile "Gacha" game.  It's something you can play without ever doing anything tangible to support the developers and programmers -- I've been playing this for a very long time without having spent a penny on it.  And there isn't even the option on mobile (and maybe PC) to watch ads and help the developers that way on console.

Most other console games you have to pay for in advance and get a largely completed product.  There's no need for developers to keep adding trophies and content to a game; once they've got your money, they're probably satisfied at that and ready to move on to their next project.  On the other hand, Gems of War constantly produces new content and lets you have access to it without guaranteeing themselves anything in the way of financial support from their player base.  It's the new content and "fear of missing out" that keeps people playing?

And another opinion of mine, this one probably somewhat unpopular?  If you find the constant new content and trophies predatory and it wrecks your enjoyment of the game, stop playing it.  To paraphrase and butcher from Marilyn Milian of the People's Court?  That's a you problem, not a them problem.  Because if you keep playing along and doing all the new stuff, the developers can only assume that you approve of it and that will only encourage them to do more of the same.  Whereas the only negative feedback that's likely to affect them is if their player base drops off by significant numbers and takes their disposable income with them.

And I'm pretty certain that the developers have tools that let them figure out how many people are playing, how much they're playing, and how much they're spending on various forms of microtransactions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, acasser said:

In my opinion, it's not an "apples to apples" comparison to stick this title up against most console games.  Gems of War isn't really a console game, but more like a mobile "Gacha" game.  It's something you can play without ever doing anything tangible to support the developers and programmers -- I've been playing this for a very long time without having spent a penny on it.  And there isn't even the option on mobile (and maybe PC) to watch ads and help the developers that way on console.

Most other console games you have to pay for in advance and get a largely completed product.  There's no need for developers to keep adding trophies and content to a game; once they've got your money, they're probably satisfied at that and ready to move on to their next project.  On the other hand, Gems of War constantly produces new content and lets you have access to it without guaranteeing themselves anything in the way of financial support from their player base.  It's the new content and "fear of missing out" that keeps people playing?

And another opinion of mine, this one probably somewhat unpopular?  If you find the constant new content and trophies predatory and it wrecks your enjoyment of the game, stop playing it.  To paraphrase and butcher from Marilyn Milian of the People's Court?  That's a you problem, not a them problem.  Because if you keep playing along and doing all the new stuff, the developers can only assume that you approve of it and that will only encourage them to do more of the same.  Whereas the only negative feedback that's likely to affect them is if their player base drops off by significant numbers and takes their disposable income with them.

And I'm pretty certain that the developers have tools that let them figure out how many people are playing, how much they're playing, and how much they're spending on various forms of microtransactions.

Well said. I'm not a fan on the campaign only due to the restructuring of the other events that happened but at the same time for those willing to spend the money the campaign is a great value and pretty reasonably priced. 

On 30/03/2021 at 1:56 AM, acasser said:

Interesting point of view about "we are encouraging devs to do more by completing the trophies"... Even though I have some doubts about it. I mean, at first, they introduced new trophies that were easy to grab, just for the players to try at least their new modes. Nothing particularly interesting is new atm. The game is dying unless you are still working for the podium on the guild wars. These new guild event are simply repetitive and boring at some point and all the rest maintains the same. Yes, they introduced a campaign mode to change things a little bit, but that's it. Not to mention these latest features were introduced as a new way of microtransactions: paying for temporarily exclusive troops and weapons + filling a grail to unlock a payed offer. Which are OK for newcommers.

Now the way trophies are being added are ridiculous. They ask for thousands of hours to get some trophies, "forcing" players to buy packs to get them faster. Considering a lot of players gave up on most trophies long time ago, they're adding more and more to make people come back... And STAY. If you don't want to pay any money, you have to stay for another month or two to get the new trophies.

On the other side, people that care about trophies and 100% their games, the amount of time and trophies they are adding are "frightening" newcommers to the game... And for those that don't care about trophies that much, they simplyy try, play some hours and delete the game for good... 

Edited by TurtlePM

• 3 months later...

If you put in a little sweat equity on a Vault weekend, these two trophies can probably be done without an exhaustive amount of effort.  You'll have to battle the RNG to some extent to get all four of the new gnomes to show up, but this isn't another "Geoff" trophy.