Resident Evil 2 REMAKE - Might Be Getting New DLC

r3viladdict

I thought CAPCOM was done with Resident Evil 2 except RE.NET which they’ve been updating the online event to motivate RE players across the world to get the medals, rewards, do the challenges, etc. Recently, some people spotted an achievement called, “EN_name” over there on Steam website. Not sure what it means, perhaps, it’s just a placeholder name. This seems more likely there could be an upcoming DLC. Could it be a new scenario to Ghost SurvivorExtreme Battle? Or Death's Door that shows how Ada escapes Raccoon City? "Hell of a Sheriff" first appeared up on the Steam and then it came to the PlayStation 4 trophy list so it could be just like this, but "EN_name" seems just mysterious.   

unknown.png 

Edited by r3viladdict
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Doesn't seem to be an error. The achievement is still there and frequently its just a placeholder for something to come. I wonder what they got for store for us this time. 

Right. I am sure that something is coming. When, that is the point. I guess will be announced around the GAME AWARDS and will be available around January. God knows.

56 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I really hope that it if it is something new it isn't something stupidly hard. Something story based would be very nice, even if its for finishing it on the hardest difficult. 

DLC in RE7 was difficult but largely fun. Ghosts Survivors was just boring and hard. 

Isn't there already a trophy for doing hardest difficulty?

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Isn't there already a trophy for doing hardest difficulty?

They probably mean something along the lines of getting S+ on Hardcore which isn't necessary. 

If there is more DLC I hope it's something a little bit easier than the Ghost Survivors. I still haven't gotten that damn DLC trophy for beating that 1 mission. Get to around 90 before succumbing. Getting a nice breather DLC would be nice. Nothing too easy where it's not worth playing on its own, but enjoyable and not something like just step above in difficulty

It’s shame that I haven’t played Ghost Survivors much. Maybe, I expected it to be the same level of fun I had with The Mercenaries – Operation Mad Jackal/The Mercenaries but Kendo, Warren, and unnamed Umbrella solider were really super cool to play and all. There’s just something that I couldn’t find myself going to play more. I wish these maps were more wider. Ghost Survivors was not definitely easy; when going for the cat ears which you must earn Gunslinger in-game record to unlock, it was easily boiling up the blood all over my body while attempting it, lol. Even completing No Way Out (NWO) scenario was bloody difficult and and the extreme concentration needed for this to beat. iirc, in an early development that CAPCOM showed what the gas station looks like, it was pretty large area compared to the final product, which I wish they would’ve kept it for NWO, thus I think would’ve made it a huge difference and more fun I imagine. 

RE7’s Ethan Must Die and Night Terror were way more intensely fun and more unlocked doors to get through different areas compared to Ghost Survivors. Not a Hero was cool. Haven’t tried Jack’s 55th Birthday yet so I don’t know about that one. I’m down for story-based DLC, something I simply enjoy like BestUsername---- said. RE2’s main game is absolutely brilliant, however these DLCs we have now are okay, but hey, it’s all free.  

Edited by r3viladdict

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:56 PM, r3viladdict said:

^^^^^^^

tenor.gif?itemid=11552768 

OMG..!!! Yes, you're right, SigmaCloud! I just looked at this twitter and had to share this with y'all. Can't wait to play RE2 again!

Screenshot_2019-12-10_1_Jawmuncher_The_U

If released on PS4, is it going to be put on a separate Trophy List (aka the Title Update)?

5 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

If released on PS4, is it going to be put on a separate Trophy List (aka the Title Update)?

It will be released on PS4, because the Xbox title update has also shown on the list. I imagine it'll just show as a fresh title update on your trophy list, same as Ghost Survivors did.

I'm happy a new achievement/trophy exists, although I kind of hope it's hidden within the main game and/or related to completing a new level. Hope it doesn't require another No Way Out-esque challenge or something stupid like doing all records or something. Would doubt it, from the description, but you never know. 

So, Looks like there will be another DLC for Resident Evil 2 REMAKE! Not confirmed yet. But the Steam achievment has been updated saying: Chasing Jill - Read a Letter left behind by Jill

Keep in Mind DLC has not yet been confirmed, only the Achievment/Trophy Update!

-

Image Down Below Direct From My Steam Account. incl. YouTube Link to A Video. Jill Meets Kendo! RE2 REMAKE

WXsMeh5.png

YouTube Link: