Godfall officially announced for PS5 and PC game

r3viladdict

It's being made by Gearbox, which worries me. I mean, I absolutely adore Borderlands, it's one of my favorite game series of all time...but...what else does Gearbox really have? It seems like every time Gearbox makes something that's NOT Borderlands, it ends up being a huge disappointment. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's being made by Gearbox, which worries me. I mean, I absolutely adore Borderlands, it's one of my favorite game series of all time...but...what else does Gearbox really have? It seems like every time Gearbox makes something that's NOT Borderlands, it ends up being a huge disappointment. 

Gearbox did make the Brothers In Arms series, the three games I played (Road to Hill 30, Earned in Blood and Hell's Highway) were among the best WWII shooters I've ever played. Pity they canned the series because it only sold millions of copies and not tens of millions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's being made by Counterplay Games.

Gearbox is publishing it and partnered with EPIC and Sony to release the games on PC and PS5 respectively 

Any of these companies have a propensity to make duds, phenomenons, or anything in-between. 

• Like 4

i hope playstation 5 is backwards compatible and upscales more recent end of gen games like FF7/Cyberpunk/Last of Us 2/Ghost of Tsushima. As well as has maybe 3 or 4 solid holiday launch titles.

I think it'll sell much quicker if it can upscale certain games to near ps5 quality. We will know soon i am sure tho.

still mad Hellblade 2 is Xbox only (so far). would prefer it launch on ps5 as well. but its a minor problem. ill buy it anyway

• Like 1

It looks beautiful and looks like fun to play, but I agree that it does look like any other PS4 games, so no surprises there. Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy, God of War, The Order: 1886 , Red Dead Redemption 2 and a few other games that do look fantastic already. PS1 to PS2 to PS3 to PS4 showed how much difference between them in terms of graphics and till now, admittedly (myself), seeing at this game-play of Godfall, I thought, like yeah, not much has changed and “next-gen graphics” word probably became meaningless to most people because they’ve seen better. BUT, not really much of graphic whore myself, I’m just very curious to see what launch titles are for PS5. It's just nice to know that this is one of the first PS5 games that’s being announced early.

Also, what Spaz said, I hope too. Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall fell down quickly into disgrace. Haven't tried Knack but I've always wanted to play it. I thought K:SF was an okay game, just not as good as KZ2 was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Just looks like any other PS4 game, and i'm glad. The hype around "next-gen" is laughable considering how ridiculous some games look on current-gen.

When you look at the difference between the PS1>PS2>PS3>PS4 its massive, i was in awe when transitioning between the lot. This? please...

You're comparing platforms whose end results we already know. There has generally been little difference in the transitional periods, when devs haven't figured the tricks of the new hardware yet. Each iteration really shines towards the end of its lifecycle.

• Like 2

For those saying it don't look much different than a PS4 game, lets wait to see what a Sony owned studio shows and I believe we will see a noticeable difference. 

I think Killzone Shadowfall got unfair hate. No it wasn't the best Killzone game but I thought it was a great launch title, and at the time really showed what the PS4 was capable off. I haven't played Knack yet.

• Like 4

Looks identical to any PS4 game. Killzone Shadowfall came out in 2013 and has graphics of equal quality. 

I can't really put it any better than Demon did: the graphical jump between the last 4 PlayStations was extremely noticeable. There is absolutely no jump here and anyone who tries saying that the graphics for this game are a big jump needs to go to an opticians. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I'm very excited, but we all remember Anthem. I'll wait till more info is out to really get on board.

We can remember ET on Atari if you like but that doesn't say a whole lot about Marvel's Avengers, the Predator game(s), or Ghostbuster game.

Plus we don't even know what they are promising or hyping up beyond being melee based and having lots of loot. Should we compare it to Diablo 3? Diablo Mobile? Path of Exile? Victor Vran? 

As some point a game will have to judge on it's own laurels instead of weird associations or comparisons. 

15 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Looks identical to any PS4 game. Killzone Shadowfall came out in 2013 and has graphics of equal quality. 

I can't really put it any better than Demon did: the graphical jump between the last 4 PlayStations was extremely noticeable. There is absolutely no jump here and anyone who tries saying that the graphics for this game are a big jump needs to go to an opticians. 

Funny, when PS4 launched this is the same remarks others made about not seeing huge leaps in graphics.

Nevermind that your judgement is either based on a cinematic trailer and/or a gif with 105 compressed frames.

Good luck with the hypberbole and misery tho.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

We can remember ET on Atari if you like but that doesn't say a whole lot about Marvel's Avengers, the Predator game(s), or Ghostbuster game.

Plus we don't even know what they are promising or hyping up beyond being melee based and having lots of loot. Should we compare it to Diablo 3? Diablo Mobile? Path of Exile? Victor Vran? 

As some point a game will have to judge on it's own laurels instead of weird associations or comparisons. 

Funny, when PS4 launched this is the same remarks others made about not seeing huge leaps in graphics.

Nevermind that your judgement is either based on a cinematic trailer and/or a gif with 105 compressed frames.

Good luck with the hypberbole and misery tho.

That's pretty accurate, I'd love more info on the game to better make up my mind and see what this game's offering that's original. The main thing about Godfall that makes me a big more optimistic compared to games like the Division, Destiny and Diablo is that it isn't a full online game, but is rather being billed as solo and/or co-op focused. I do believe this game will be different, but I can't make that claim yet without seeing more of the game. Oh well, we'll see :)

27 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

That's pretty accurate, I'd love more info on the game to better make up my mind and see what this game's offering that's original. The main thing about Godfall that makes me a big more optimistic compared to games like the Division, Destiny and Diablo is that it isn't a full online game, but is rather being billed as solo and/or co-op focused. I do believe this game will be different, but I can't make that claim yet without seeing more of the game. Oh well, we'll see :)

I don't even know what original or different means in any entertainment media. 

If they call it a MMO, offline, or persistent world game it wouldn't be original because we have games in those genre already.  

Destiny and Diablo seem fine to me. Is there a new outrage campaign going on?

32 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't even know what original or different means in any entertainment media. 

If they call it a MMO, offline, or persistent world game it wouldn't be original because we have games in those genre already.  

Destiny and Diablo seem fine to me. Is there a new outrage campaign going on?

Diablo might've been a bad example, I used Destiny as an example of a game that didn't have enough content at launch to justify a $60 price tag, and the expectation that the developers will finish the game "later" after people have already paid for it. That just seems to be the trend with games that fall under the "looter" genre (excluding Borderlands).

Edited by nrs1nrs1