Xbox Series X

fbdbh

Looks lush. Personally hope both Xbox and PS fans can be happy for eachother and the merits of each system and not enter a war. 

14 minutes ago, Dargzler said:

I actually like that design, nice and sleek and easy to put on a desk. 

I am sure Senua's Sage will come to PC so I will look forward to that! 

It'll be on Xbox and Win 10 store with Xbox Live functionality almost certainly. All Microsoft exclusive games are these days.  

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Also before comments on the subject, Ninja Theory was bought out by Xbox 18 months ago - Hellblade II was always going to be exclusive. I imagine most already know, but just incase people are unhappy considering the first was actually a timed PS exclusive. 

Meanwhile Gearbox is making PS5 exclusive Godfall.

They're still playing a game of chicken with Sony by being mum on the specs/price.

Design is all right to me. But then again...anything was going to be an upgrade over the OG Xbox One. Naming scheme is kind of lame..

Hopefully M.S has killed off Lockhardt. Otherwise that 4 teraflop """next-gen""" machine could hold back the ambition of third party games, even if compromises are made to resolution and frame rate.

Edited by Eraezr

42 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

They're still playing a game of chicken with Sony by being mum on the specs/price.

Here's some info minus the price: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/

Phil Spencer - "From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability. Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console.  Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

We are minimizing latency by leveraging technology such as Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and giving developers new functionality like Dynamic Latency Input (DLI) to make Xbox Series X the most responsive console ever.  Xbox Series X is also designed for a future in the cloud, with unique capabilities built into the hardware and software to make it as easy as possible to bring great games to both console and elsewhere. Xbox Series X will deliver a level of fidelity and immersion unlike anything that’s been achieved in previous console generations."

52 minutes ago, Shaowsintzu said:

The controller seems to have a new D-pad almost similar to the D-Pad on Elite Xbox One Controller, any details on size and dimension of the console?

No details on size or dimension yet, but Phil Spencer did mention this about it:

Alongside Xbox Series X, we also unveiled the new Xbox Wireless Controller. Its size and shape have been refined to accommodate an even wider range of people, and it also features a new Share button to make capturing screenshots and game clips simple and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller. The new Xbox Wireless Controller will be compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, and will be included with every Xbox Series X.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I like the look, kinda like a desktop pc, very minimalistic. Not so sure about the grate on top.

But considering most of their games are already on pc or coming to pc, I will most likely stick to playing them there. Unless something unexpected happens, I will continue with PS and maybe Nintendo, next gen too.

I wish them luck and success, it's nice to see a game already from one of the studios they bought up.  Sony needs a bit of serious healthy competition to tussle with and i'm pretty sure the new xbox will have significantly more high impact exclusives to do that.

I think the hardware is nice and simple in design, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but the vent grate on top looks like it'll accumulate dust really easily. The name though...is a real mouthful.

I'm pretty much all-in with the PS5 which will be my next console, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the new Xbox will do well in the background.