Xbox Series X

fbdbh

I have been in "Avoid me" status on xbox for years and still am due to kids reported me in masses. I bought PS4 instead and would never ever go back to any future Xbox console

What's the point of owning a console that you must create new accounts all the time to be able to play online?

15 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

As long as it works, consoles don't really need to look flashy. If anything this will blend better into entertainment setups

Eh, console aesthetics can improve the look of a media setup if you have a room designed to give a certain feel but your point is true as well.

That aside, they say there will be BC but will it be full out the gate or will we have to wait for updates like the Xbox 1? I've got a few 360 games I'd like to finish but the odds of them seeing digital rerelease are slim.

Edited by majob

2 minutes ago, majob said:

Eh, console aesthetics can improve the look of a media setup if you have a room designed to give a certain feel but your point is true as well.

That aside, they say there will be BC but will it be full out the gate or will we have to wait for updates like the Xbox 1? I've got a few 360 games I'd like to finish but the odds of them seeing digital rerelease are slim.

No clue, all I know is it will be full backwards compatibility with xbox one out of the box including accessories, but they haven't said much about original or 360

That is such a fucking dumb name.

8 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Also before comments on the subject, Ninja Theory was bought out by Xbox 18 months ago - Hellblade II was always going to be exclusive. I imagine most already know, but just incase people are unhappy considering the first was actually a timed PS exclusive. 

Or you can play it on PC as well. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

I skipped the Xbox One because there aren't any exclusives I really want to play. If the Series X has compelling exclusives (like Hellblade 2 looks to be), I will eventually pick one up.

I don't play games on PC because I work on one for way too long every day and I don't care what the console itself looks like or is named, as long as the games are great.

I'm not feeling the name Xbox Series X, especially when there's Xbox One X. I can see that being confusing to some. Microsoft should have come up with something more different to call it. Scarlett would definitely have been better, or maybe just Xbox 4. The bland design doesn't matter much, especially when that Hellblade 2 demo looks so good.

Hopefully XSX does do well. Competition can bring out the best in both sides.

11 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

so I guess there is a disc drive, I thought they are going all digital, I don't mind the design, but the top could be a dust collector.

Or hot to the touch? Heat escaping. We’ll see

12 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

As long as it works, consoles don't really need to look flashy. If anything this will blend better into entertainment setups

I guess function over form huh?

Full backwards compatibility of four console generations and the best subscription services on the market (Xbox Game Pass + Xbox Game Pass for PC) are pretty enticing. Haven't had an Xbox before but might consider getting Series X. PayStation has lost almost all their interesting exclusives and Microsoft is looking into acquiring Asian studios to expand their game selection further.
Then again I have a high-end PC where I can probably play most Microsoft exclusives but having full Game Pass catalogue owning both platforms would be pretty sweet. 

Xbox Series X design looks fine to me. The size is most likely to keep the components cool enough if they really can deliver on their hardware performance promises.

So it will support all generations of Xbox. Hopefully the backward compatibility is truly 100% "full" and doesn't leave any game behind this time. Not being able to use my Xbox One to download and play some 360 games I've bought digitally (such as After Burner Climax) thanks to their getting delisted has been a little annoying. Unfortunately, Xbox One's BC relies on porting the EXE, and that was a big part of the problem for delisted titles. I'd like to see XSX use emulation for the 360 and OG Xbox games. This would be one of the key selling points... to be able to replace my original Xbox, 360, and Xbox One S with a single console.

Some original Xboxes may well be about to kick the bucket due to a time capacitor, if they haven't already. There's another thing making "no game left behind" even more important.

• 4 months later...

Didn't know where to post this news, so I'll leave it here.

I believe this will be the first showcase with nextgen gameplay (not counting updated graphics for existing current-gen games).

Personally, I'm excited to finally see something new this year. It's been a long time without any game announcements for both Sony and MS. Hope Sony will follow with their reveal soon after.

EW3N1--U4AAE5aP?format=jpg&name=medium

The original tweet:

• Like 1

Personally, I'm excited to finally see something new this year. It's been a long time without any game announcements for both Sony and MS. Hope Sony will follow with their reveal soon after.

Sony has to release Ghost and TLOU before going full bore into PS5. They aren't following MS. Their timetable is pretty clear honestly.

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

Sony has to release Ghost and TLOU before going full bore into PS5. They aren't following MS. Their timetable is pretty clear honestly.

OK, makes sense. 

Although I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of them doing the reveal before these games, yet.

1 hour ago, Alderriz said:

OK, makes sense. 

Although I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of them doing the reveal before these games, yet.

They pushed back Ghost in order to give TLOU2 a clear launch window and still have it release before Ghost. They could have had it release after or with Ghost instead of changing both dates. Sony definitely has a roadmap it is sticking to that gives their titles a dedicated time to flourish.

Xbox doesn't have anymore major 1st party games releasing between now and the release of the Series X. They have to talk about it now in order to stay part of the conversation. 

They're doing another event in July as well. That one will focus of first party titles. I may be a little too optimistic, but I hope to see The Initiative announce their first project there.

Edited by Alderriz