Xbox Series X

fbdbh

54 minutes ago, Spaz said:

But you're looking at the wrong platform if you want the latest and greatest in technology. PC already had the PS4 Pro beaten in less than a year in what it was capable of doing. The problem is PC ports over the past decade have been largely disappointing. Look at how Batman: Arkham Knight was handled and how terrible it ran when it released on Steam.

Eh... PC will always win in raw hardware, but the cost of that is steep and a lot of people are just using it to play console ports anyways. PC hasn't had a notable exclusive that actually pushed the limits of it's hardware since Crysis because no developer would make a game that requires a 3080/3090 right now. Which is to my point with the Xbox, and the Series X not being what games are made for so long as the Series S is out there.

In that sense, I don't consider PC a part of the conversation. Either you're using it to play the Total War games and World of Warcraft, or you bought a very overpriced console... that may or may not even play those console ports well.

Edited by Dreakon13

On 10/22/2020 at 10:03 PM, Dreakon13 said:

Eh... PC will always win in raw hardware, but the cost of that is steep and a lot of people are just using it to play console ports anyways. PC hasn't had a notable exclusive that actually pushed the limits of it's hardware since Crysis because no developer would make a game that requires a 3080/3090 right now. Which is to my point with the Xbox, and the Series X not being what games are made for so long as the Series S is out there.

In that sense, I don't consider PC a part of the conversation. Either you're using it to play the Total War games and World of Warcraft, or you bought a very overpriced console... that may or may not even play those console ports well.

I mostly use Steam to play the endless amounts of indie games. For all its faults and amounts of shovelware, Steam has some truly amazing games on their platform.

Playing the latest and greatest AAA games on PC would mean I have to invest over $1000 in a custom built desktop, with cooling fans and all that other shit you get from Newegg.com. I don't have the time nor the money to do that, and I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore.

Of course, kids will be drawn to the new hardware and all the snazzy new games on the PS5 and Xbox Series X, because they're kids. New hardware that is top of the line is nice, but that isn't even a factor for me at this point.

Also.... World of Warcraft? That game is old to where it's mostly irrelevant. Total War? They were fun, but I moved on from them.

What truly hurts me is I feel Microsoft is making a grave for Xbox rather than pushing it forward. They need good games to push their platform, but if I can just grab everything they got through Windows, what is the fucking point?

I don't care about Forza. I want to play stuff that is worth a damn. But sadly, Microsoft doesn't really care about gaming studios they own, like what happened with Ensemble Studios. I have no doubt that Bethesda is going to suffer even more now that Microsoft bought them. Not that we were surprised, because the upcoming Elder Scrolls game will probably have a ton of bugs and glitches that will take forever to get fixed.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Also.... World of Warcraft? That game is old to where it's mostly irrelevant. Total War? They were fun, but I moved on from them.

Well right, that's kinda my point.  PC doesn't have many noteworthy exclusive games... when you drill down it's basically some old MMORPG's (since newer ones are on console) and strategy games.  Maybe some indies that will be on console shortly.  None of which really take advantage of the hardware.

Yet PC gamers cling to the idea that the top end PC hardware is miles ahead of console hardware.  Which it is, but literally for no other reason than bragging rights, when in reality they're just paying 3x the price to play console ports.

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Now i am getting Xbox Series X just for 1 Game! Stalker 2 ?

Playstation will allways be my preferd console to play on ☺️

Why?  It will more than likely make it's way to PlayStation 5.  It's Published by THQ.  Xbox doesn't believe in exclusives.

Also, here is some hypocrisy for you.  Phil The Crook Spencer doesn't like timed exclusives, but that's all they practice.

Lastly, on the OG Post/Topic.  The Xbox Series X has a horrible name, and is hideous.  I am just not sure how they have come up with their names the past 2 gens, Xbox is a cool name, Xbox 360 is a cool name, Xbox One was dumb, and Xbox Series X is fuckin awful.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Spell check

Xbox Series S has been available all day on the US Best Buy site for anyone interested in that model.

This is good for people that don't even want an S but other consoles. Some people that wanted an X or a PS5 may pick up an S now and free up a slot for other people for future stocks of those consoles. This also means we're at the turning point where scalpers can't profit off of S's anymore so the supply will start to outpace the demand for the others too.

1 hour ago, NxtDoc said:

Why?  It will more than likely make it's way to PlayStation 5.  It's Published by THQ.  Xbox doesn't believe in exclusives.

Also, here is some hypocrisy for you.  Phil The Crook Spencer doesn't like timed exclusives, but that's all they practice.

Lastly, on the OG Post/Topic.  The Xbox Series X has a horrible name, and is hideous.  I am just not sure how they have come up with their names the past 2 gens, Xbox is a cool name, Xbox 360 is a cool name, Xbox One was dumb, and Xbox Series X is fuckin awful.  

You think it will make its way to ps5?☺️ Oh well ill hold of on getting the x then for couple of years from now ?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Series X a few weeks ago, I still had 3 years Gold membership and tonnes of games I haven't played yet. There's no denying that it's a nice rig, I much prefer the controller over the Dual Sense. But yeah the name is extra stupid and it really does look like the XB1 because it uses exactly the same interface. Microsoft has performed a better job on HDR integration where as the PS5 is so f$^&(ing basic with it's setup and why have HDR on all the time? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this flew under most people's radar, but the Xbox Series X FPS boost is some really impressive tech. Needs no work from the game's developer. New Super Lucky's Tale for example gets a boost from 30 fps to 120 fps. 

Read more about the feature here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/17/making-backward-compatible-games-even-better-with-fps-boost/

On 3/12/2021 at 0:02 AM, Z1MZUM said:

I got the Series X a few weeks ago, I still had 3 years Gold membership and tonnes of games I haven't played yet. There's no denying that it's a nice rig, I much prefer the controller over the Dual Sense. But yeah the name is extra stupid and it really does look like the XB1 because it uses exactly the same interface. Microsoft has performed a better job on HDR integration where as the PS5 is so f$^&(ing basic with it's setup and why have HDR on all the time? 

I actually much prefer having HDR on all the time since my monitor, when switching between HDR and SDR, will go black for a couple of seconds, so if I have HDR enabled on Xbox going from a game with HDR to the Home Screen which isn’t HDR just never feels as snappy as it should. Hoping they allow for HDR to be on always in a future update

Edited by JohnPlay-Station
  • Like 1

If you own Xbox or on computer in March 26, pretty much one of my favorite survival games is gonna be available.  Imo

Game is heavy on teamwork, you can still play solo but don't expect to not get overrun by ten players. It's extremely fun imo. Build ships & bases can drag them out if you are offline. Grapple through trees with wingsuit and use weapons/ammo to take down clans.  (This channel has alot of good tutorials down below)

• Like 1

I'm thinking about getting an Xbox Series X around the end of this year now, depending on stock of course and if I have the spare cash for it. Most importantly, it will depend on how many games it has by the end of this year that I'm interested in (currently it only has 1). My backlog isn't done on Xbox One but at least I can just re-install everything on XSX, whereas while the PS5 does have backwards compatibility, I know some games have issues (especially the PS2 classics) so I'll be keeping my PS4 hooked up for the foreseeable future even when I eventually do get a PS5.

I'm probably going to have the XSX be my main console this coming gen, I don't see myself buying quite a many games anyway. First time I'll ever have Xbox as my primary, never had an original Xbox, got a 360 super late and have barely touched my launch XB1 after the first 3-4 years of owning it. It's mostly just because I feel kinda done with Sony at this point, I'll still get a PS5 eventually for exclusives but there's so many things about the PS5 I don't like: The UI, how you access your saves, the very limited storage capacity and you can't even upgrade it atm, the Dualsense, backwards compatible games having issues that people had to discover for themselves, the lack of front USB ports, and the design (yes, I do actually prefer how the XSX looks, minor thing, but still). I'll likely wait for a revision on the PS5, hopefully one that comes with a 1.5 or 2TB SSD, the current capacity is far too low for games nowadays, and at least the Xbox has had expansion drives since launch.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:03 PM, Dreakon13 said:

I love my PS5 and all but PC has so many good games that you can't find on either console Escape from Tarkov and hundreds of really good indie games that never made it over.  Also if your into Multiplayer games it isn't even a competition.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I love my PS5 and all but PC has so many good games that you can't find on either console Escape from Tarkov and hundreds of really good idea games that never made it over.  Also if your into Multiplayer games it isn't even a competition.

Not saying that PC doesn't have good games (it has a lot of shovelware too)... Hollow Knight started only on PC and it's one of my favorites.  It's the best place to get really interesting new indie titles in particular.  It's just that most of these games are on the "meh" scale graphically.  Which is ironic considering the sheer power of its high end hardware.

If developers are only making games with low and mid range PC's in mind, they'll never make something that truly takes advantage of high end PC's (no, playing Rocket League at 12K and 800fps doesn't count).  This rule applies to the Xbox One/Xbox Series S holding back the X as well, and the PS4 holding back the PS5.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnPlay-Station said:

I actually much prefer having HDR on all the time since my monitor, when switching between HDR and SDR, will go black for a couple of seconds, so if I have HDR enabled on Xbox going from a game with HDR to the Home Screen which isn’t HDR just never feels as snappy as it should. Hoping they allow for HDR to be on always in a future update

Mine did the same pre HDMI 2.1

Ps5 is like on and off, no 1440P, very basic HDR setup

Xbox series x thinks the headset is still connected by just having the dongle in?

I'm getting nostalgic and playing allot of 360 games I haven't 1000g , I noticed that Just Cause 2 doesn't support HDR but most 360 games do. Some games look amazing tbh and I'm currently on Fable 2.

On another note, the D pad on my new controller doesn't register up half the time and feels squishy. This is exactly the same issue I had with my Day 1 edition 2013 Xb1.

• Like 1

I bought my Series X predominantly for Microsoft flight simulator 2020.

To be honest with you I havn't used it a lot since I got it but here's what I can say...

It is super super quiet, and I mean even with my head against it in a silent room I can barely hear it.

It boots up insanely fast (Like in under 5 seconds from power on to dashboard)

The colours just 'pop' out of the screen on my 4K TV and everything looks amazing.

That said, the pad feels 'clicky' and 'Plasticcy'?? I have never been a fan of Xbox controllers and it baffles me when most people I  see say how great a pad it is (feels big and heavy to me but thats just personal).

The UI is a bit of a mess and takes time to get used to where stuff is. Too many tiles, too cluttered.

I don't care for most MS exclusives and I have no real desire to play old games in 60 frames per second.

Do I regret buying it?

Yes and No.

'Yes' I sometimes regret it because I am not using it at all very much.

And

'No' because every time I watch a Flight simulator video on You Tube I am like a kid on Xmas eve.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have mixed feelings. Some games were exciting: Forza Horizon 5 looks super fun, Stalker 2 exceeded my expectations, Somerville is intriguing. Some were meh: Halo looks like Halo, didn't care about Redfall and Starfield's CG teaser trailers (both looked super generic), too many old games like Among Us and Sea of Thieves. Some game were missing: where the heck was Hellblade 2?