192 games in the Arcade Archives (and counting)...

starcrunch061

Ditto cost or would've bought and done then all already. Also most of the games are Atari or Neo Geo too so I doubt their chasing after the licenses one by one that would be freaking expensive it's more likely they got the licenses as a bundle but are selling them individually as they convert them (are they even converting them to PS4 format or do they use an internal emulator?)

• Like 1

I've been noticing these releases for a while. Pretty nice they're adding all these classic retro games to the store. Even if they don't have a Platinum, they're very much worth playing for the unique experience they provide. I have to agree with everyone, though, in that they are completely overpriced. I'd say only during a good sale one can consider getting them out, but even then, they're still too much at times. =/

There are many collections and compilations out there that offer a bigger quantity of games for just about the same price as this Arcade Archives series, sometimes less even. ?

If I recall correctly, there was some sort of interview or statement from Hamster Corporation once and they basically said that there's content for years and years on end to come. 

Unfortunately though, I couldn't find a website about this, but I think they threw in a number of around 400 games. 

Completing this whole series would be an astonishing achievement! 

Done around 100 and a few were really crazy like mx5000 or fighting games(samurai shodown or fatal fury). Btw there a lot of glitch and bugs in it sometimes trophies did not pop or glitched because of language and of course this ovepriced stuff make me nuts.

Edited by dimavankula
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, starcrunch061 said:

...and proper English grammar in their trophy descriptions continues to evade them.

I've made almost every game, but I'm wondering if the psnprofiles list below is really complete with everyone:
https://psnprofiles.com/series/42-arcade-archives

I question this because some games I noticed are not on this list, like this one:
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7539-arcade-archives-10-yard-fight/

This means that the list may be even bigger than it already is ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/2/2020 at 10:03 AM, enaysoft said:

When are they going to start releasing more games from 88+ onwards? And more specifically scrolling bea-em-ups. I'm looking at you Konami!

Rise from your grave!

I agree. And I also wonder...

Why aren't these ever offered Playstation Plus or Playstation Now? I remember classics like these used to be given away as Minis. Surely some kind of deal can be reached to give them more access and spotlight.

It'll definitely help Hamster corp.

I wonder about sales, too.

They're so far and few in between. It can't be costing them a fortune to be 50-80% off, can it??

• 1 year later...

There is an arcade archives I believe released fairly recently where you play as a sort of gundam robot, it’s a vertical shoot ‘em up, can anyone remind me of the name of that one?

Also do these go on sale much? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them on sale (although I haven’t checked often either) I agree with others here, $11 (Canadian) seems too much. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

There is an arcade archives I believe released fairly recently where you play as a sort of gundam robot, it’s a vertical shoot ‘em up, can anyone remind me of the name of that one?

Also do these go on sale much? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them on sale (although I haven’t checked often either) I agree with others here, $11 (Canadian) seems too much. 

The mazinger z game? 

I have that one on my wishlist on psn but sales never seem to happen

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

The mazinger z game? 

I have that one on my wishlist on psn but sales never seem to happen

haha that’s the one thanks buddy! Would have never remembered the name to that.

wow that one’s actually $20 in Canada, I thought they were all $11 which was bad enough ?