Combo Teacher

Hmm, that would make sense, as the highest I've gotten in a chain was 7 iirc. The enemies usually die before I get any higher. I might have to equip weaker weapons to get that then.

Does the combo of 8, apply for the Chain Artisan trophy as well?

Edited by ShikanRaider

No, Chain Artisan actually is about the total amount of chains you initiated (doesn't seem to matter whether its through Chain Drive or a single target Chain).

The English trophy description seems pretty misleading here because Combo Teacher and Chain Artisan's wording definitely differs in the Japanese trophy list.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2020 at 3:09 PM, MZMZA_ said:

Any advice for this? Doing it late game and struggling to get past 5!

First, equip the Replica sword on the MC. Then have a character (Thief Paladin or Dungeon Master) in each group so you can use Blitz Blow, Temple Chain or Gran Chain to increase the Chain Gauge. MC will have Blitz Blow so all four groups can increase the Chain Gauge easily. 

Then go to level 15 of a dungeon that is on hard settings (the season that is steaming) and pick a tougher foe. Make sure to hit all three monsters with a chain skill so they all are affected. 

Then quickly hit them without moving the groups around. I've gotten a 19 hit combo doing this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@AlanarWindblade It's been a while, but I was wondering what you were doing when your Combo Artisan trophy popped, because I've been at it for at least 8 hours. I've been going for Chain Drives using @DFuzed's method for getting the Combo Teacher trophy, though this might not register for the Artisan trophy, so I've been going for the individual Chain starts.

I'm in the same boat as @FiendEliminator, and although I'd love for this to be my 100th platinum, it feels kinda like an isolation chamber, because I'm never really sure if I'm getting closer to the goal or not. I'm not even really sure if it counts if you kill the enemy, if you have to let it time out, or if you have to hit them at least once or what. Awful trophy. Should have added in some way to check your progress at least. Japanese description doesn't even help much.

Thank ya

Edit: Okay, @AlanarWindblade is right. Chains and Chain Drives do count. You don't have to wait for the Chain to run out, it counts it as soon as either of them start.

Edited by Cromnley

14 hours ago, Cromnley said:

@AlanarWindblade It's been a while, but I was wondering what you were doing when your Combo Artisan trophy popped, because I've been at it for at least 8 hours. I've been going for Chain Drives using @DFuzed's method for getting the Combo Teacher trophy, though this might not register for the Artisan trophy, so I've been going for the individual Chain starts.

I'm in the same boat as @FiendEliminator, and although I'd love for this to be my 100th platinum, it feels kinda like an isolation chamber, because I'm never really sure if I'm getting closer to the goal or not. I'm not even really sure if it counts if you kill the enemy, if you have to let it time out, or if you have to hit them at least once or what. Awful trophy. Should have added in some way to check your progress at least. Japanese description doesn't even help much.

Thank ya

Edit: Okay, @AlanarWindblade is right. Chains and Chain Drives do count. You don't have to wait for the Chain to run out, it counts it as soon as either of them start.

Sorry could you clarify as to the conditions for the 100 chain trophy? I am having the same trouble @FiendElimator is having. I have activated over 200 chains and no trophy pop, with the majority of them being purposely done through Grand Chain etc and killing the monsters off most of the time before they have their next turn. 

14 hours ago, DFuzed said:

Sorry could you clarify as to the conditions for the 100 chain trophy? I am having the same trouble @FiendElimator is having. I have activated over 200 chains and no trophy pop, with the majority of them being purposely done through Grand Chain etc and killing the monsters off most of the time before they have their next turn. 

I got the trophy, I found that it works if you single chain them not team chain so focus 1 chaining at a time instead of team it seems to be the only way as I counted 100 from single chains before it popped.