Who Gets It First

O9pticalIllusion

So I thought of something if two people went for a trophy but one lives in Europe and the other lives in the US. If the European gets it before the American can the American still get it first because of the timezone. So if the European gets it's at 12 noon for him but the American got it at 10 am who gets the first spot on the leaderboard.

Yeah but just because they are ahead in time doesn't mean they are from the future.
Let's say it's 12:24 here in the Eastern Coast. It would be about 9:24 in the West Coast.
However if I get the trophy at 12:24 and they get it at 9:25 it wouldn't matter. I would still have gotten it first. Since it's been a minute after.

I would use future loosely in this situation cause when we all think future we think days months years ahead but the reason we have timezones are to count time for different areas and when the sun comes up that counts as a new day for somewhere and if the sun is down they're a day behind. Yes are bodies grow at mostly the same time and therefore aren't in the future. Time as it self does go in the future and past in this world or it would be sunny everywhere and night everywhere and we would all use the same time. With that in mind that's kinda of stupid to have where you get it first you got no matter what time cause people live eat sleep their way of life change completely. So when someone gets a trophy for playing their timezone its unfair because the other person is sleeping and behind in time.

Short story time should matter they have it as a feature next to the trophy but penalize the people who are behind in time having to miss dinner or stay up longer. Games release they have different time zones suitable for a release for everyone. Even have different applications for different regions, but for a game that doesn't have different applications should be based of time to earn and not first come first serve.

Edited by O9pticalIllusion

Oh ok I see what you're saying now. So you're saying because games release when someone is sleeping or working it's not fair. But I would say that is why we have different game regions with different trophy lists. True someone in Europe can order a North American version of a game, but if they do that I'm sure they would still have to wait until the games release in North America.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Reviewers and influencers often get a copy of most games data and weeks ahead of release and are able to obtain and sync trophies, so really, who cares?

+1 couldnt agree more. 

Lets just face it, life is just a huge pool of unfairness??

21 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Reviewers and influencers often get a copy of most games data and weeks ahead of release and are able to obtain and sync trophies, so really, who cares?

On top of that, there's also the usual thing of games not even releasing at the same "day" worldwide, be it because of time to port the game (Mainly Japan to US and EU), or simply because games in the US are usually released at Tuesday, on EU at Friday, and I believe that in the Japan at Weekends... 

Thinking about minutes is irrelevant when considering all that. 

Also, the concept of UTC was built exactly to put everyone in the world at the same time reference point, for this exact reason, if you don't have a rigid unit, then you can't measure something.

Using actual regional timezones is not only silly, but also wouldn't make sense if for example 2 countries are in the same geological timezone, but 1 applies Daylight Savings and the other does. Would that make 1 "ahead of time" compared to the other?

• Like 1