Is it possible for old ps plus games to be removed from your list?

Surgical_Assault

I wanted to go through and finish RE5 and 6 on the ps3 because I never got the plat and felt like playing them again, I own re6 on disc but never bought re5 cause I swore I claimed it when it was on ps plus. Going into the store it says I need to purchase and I thought I was going crazy about getting it, but looking at the previous ps plus games it was in 2012 when it was a plus game and I know I would've claimed it because bulletstorm was also the same month and I know I only got that through ps plus, I''ve looked through my download list and cant find it anywhere, is there a way to redownload it or should I just buy another copy?

I checked wiki as I couldn’t remember receiving it but can see it was a game that was given away for free via Plus - The Gold edition. I’ve searched through my download list and can’t see it as well as typing in the search field for it and still doesn’t come up apart from the option to purchase it for £15.99. Very strange 

2 minutes ago, gazdavis11 said:

I checked wiki as I couldn’t remember receiving it but can see it was a game that was given away for free via Plus - The Gold edition. I’ve searched through my download list and can’t see it as well as typing in the search field for it and still doesn’t come up apart from the option to purchase it for £15.99. Very strange 

Yeah its definitely strange cause I remember having it on my ps3 ages ago.

1 minute ago, ExHaseo said:

I think it was the gold edition that was in PS+, try checking the listing for that version. If it's not there, then you could try contacting support. There isnt a whole lot anyone else can do about that. 

Yeah its only the gold edition that shows up in the store but for some reason I cant download it. It's asking me to add to cart.

13 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

in libray and on left side as n option I belive sometimes I have hard time getting to it myself

Library as in the download list on the ps store?

Do you have access to your transaction history? However since it was a 2012 title, they've hidden the old history for undisclosed reasons. You'll have to contact the support and beg them to give you a complete Excel file with all your transactions up to a certain date. But it'll take months to get there, i went throught that a year ago.

You could also try the PSDLE extension for your browser and manually search for the game.

• Like 1

Couldn't find anything in transaction history but gave that extension a go, that a nifty little addon. But the only RE game that comes up in it for the ps3 is Operation Raccoon City, so what im thinking is maybe I did forget to claim it which I sitll dont think cause I remember having it lol. Maybe that version got removed from the store and this other one took its place. Im not too sure. But I appreciate the help man. 

• Like 1

I can still find Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition in my "Download list" checking under my account in PS Store through my PC. Searching for it didn't show it but going through my download list page by page made me find it on page 8 (out of 157...) I hate the fact that the list is random with no possibility to arrange the searcg order by date... :(

Anyway, it's there, you just need to find it.

Edit: I got the game through PS Plus too ;)

Edited by PaladinZeke
  • Like 1

Sometimes when a game comes out with a new "version" it deletes the old one off but it's still there if u can locate it in your games but it's difficult like my girlfriend grabbed the just cause game they had on plus along with the newest one and both show up as put in cart and none of the store pages say she owns it but they are listed in her purchases on her PS4 library so she can download any time but your on the ps3 so I dunno if it'll be so easy

7 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Sometimes when a game comes out with a new "version" it deletes the old one off but it's still there if u can locate it in your games but it's difficult like my girlfriend grabbed the just cause game they had on plus along with the newest one and both show up as put in cart and none of the store pages say she owns it but they are listed in her purchases on her PS4 library so she can download any time but your on the ps3 so I dunno if it'll be so easy

Same here, i bought all FF13-2 add-ons but one of them cannot be added to the queue as It shows as not purchased. However it's not something that gets deleted or replaced, but the Store that doesn't work well and they are top idiotic to fix it. For example it's been months that you cannot pur bundles in the queue.

5 hours ago, ChuckDNorris said:

I notice when I renew ps plus, all dates of the ps plus games in my libary change to the ps plus date that I bought subscription. Also try the webpage playstation.com to get a list of games your account is entitled to. I have ten years of games on my account, the list can be long.

Yup, this is normal. But the transaction history Is useless now.

Edited by Lance_87

On 12/14/2019 at 5:49 AM, Surgical_Assault said:

I wanted to go through and finish RE5 and 6 on the ps3 because I never got the plat and felt like playing them again, I own re6 on disc but never bought re5 cause I swore I claimed it when it was on ps plus. Going into the store it says I need to purchase and I thought I was going crazy about getting it, but looking at the previous ps plus games it was in 2012 when it was a plus game and I know I would've claimed it because bulletstorm was also the same month and I know I only got that through ps plus, I''ve looked through my download list and cant find it anywhere, is there a way to redownload it or should I just buy another copy?

I'm sure people have answered this 100,000,000 times by this point, but this happens a lot. Dead Nation was such a game for me. It says that I have to purchase it on the PS3 store, but I certainly have it in my download history. However...

On 12/14/2019 at 11:21 PM, ChuckDNorris said:

I notice when I renew ps plus, all dates of the ps plus games in my libary change to the ps plus date that I bought subscription. Also try the webpage playstation.com to get a list of games your account is entitled to. I have ten years of games on my account, the list can be long.

...the download history is a total piece of crap, since it just changes the dates to whenever you renew PS+, even with auto-renewal.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm sure people have answered this 100,000,000 times by this point, but this happens a lot. Dead Nation was such a game for me. It says that I have to purchase it on the PS3 store, but I certainly have it in my download history. However...

...the download history is a total piece of crap, since it just changes the dates to whenever you renew PS+, even with auto-renewal.

Hmm that never happened to me before. And i checked my downloads just like 5 min ago.