Gold Rush Improvements!

LethalLuke1993

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Nice, but that will piss off everyone who had to do it the hard way.

Yeah, considering I just did it a few weeks ago >.<

I thought "if they haven't changed it by now, they're probably not gonna"

On the other hand, good for those that still need it I guess. I've always kinda wanted to get all 100+, this'll definitely help.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yeah I got it earlier too. Also other than that changes, I hope they fixed bugs. For instance, I got this trophy at 72 gold medals not 70 and that was very annoying. (yeah I know special edition missions doesn't count for trophy, I didn't make a mistake there)

1 hour ago, LethalLuke1993 said:

Hey all

In the newest update Rockstar have made it so when you do missions in replay all of your stats and inventory carry over.

I did a replay mission and had full Deadeye, Stamina and all 10 of my Chewing Tobacco and all of my guns! 

Im not sure if you have your own horse aswell as the mission i did didn't require it however its probably a safe bet to assume it will. 

Thanx for the info, just need concentrate on missables / trophies now :)

2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Wow, this is awesome! Now I'm willing to pick up the game. It should've been like this from the start, just like Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but thanks, Rockstar Games. You guys rock! :yay:

So you only were going to pick it up specifically for this? Lmao the dumb things you read on here amazes me sometimes...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

So you only were going to pick it up specifically for this? Lmao the dumb things you read on here amazes me sometimes...

No, please don't get me wrong. I was always interested in RDR2, but when I heard that players were stuck with gears from previous play when replaying missions, it was a major turn-off for me.

If games like Assassin's Creed series and MGSV: The Phantom Pain can provide players with their current gears/loadouts when replaying missions, why can't RDR2? This stuff baffles me, honestly.

On 12/14/2019 at 0:31 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Nah, not pissed. I did it the hardest way (aka, after beating the story). Didn't think it was that difficult anyways, and it doesn't make me any less proud of platinuming it haha. I'm glad this change was made, as it's how it should've been from the start :)

EDIT: Maybe I'd be a little pissed if I had just earned this trophy a week ago. But I earned this in February, so it's fine haha.

Edited by BrilloHD

On 14.12.2019 at 5:36 PM, LethalLuke1993 said:

Hey all

In the newest update Rockstar have made it so when you do missions in replay all of your stats and inventory carry over.

I did a replay mission and had full Deadeye, Stamina and all 10 of my Chewing Tobacco and all of my guns! 

Im not sure if you have your own horse aswell as the mission i did didn't require it however its probably a safe bet to assume it will. 

These are the best news I have read since the game came out, thanks for sharing!

14 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

no it does not.

i tried replaying chapter 1 first mission for gold rush and i still get the original stats and weapons.

You had minimal stats for the first mission in the game....shocking.

Pretty sure the update applies to what you would have had unlocked at that point in the game. So in a chapter 4 or 6 mission, you'd have higher deadeye cap and consumables. Mission 1, you'd have had nothing anyway. 

I can't vouch for this since I don't have the game installed anymore and I did this trophy the old way by loading an old save and making sure I did gold medals on first run through.

• Like 1