Feeling conflicted Playstation/Xbox

Cryogenicide_X

I need some advice guys. I'm feeling really conflicted between Playstation and Xbox. I have always primarily been a Playstation gamer all my life and do prefer Playstation, there's things that I do love about the Xbox though. I only got the Xbox One a couple of months ago so I now own both and this is why I'm feeling this way. 

I just can't seem to just play whichever console I want, I don't know why. It's almost as if I feel it's one or the other, you pick one or the other sort of thing instead of just enjoying both. It would be stupid however to sell my Xbox just to get rid of this feeling because that's going to the extreme. 

I know all this sounds silly but it's been this way ever since last generation too. I don't know what to do because it's stopping me and interfering with my gaming because of feeling this way. 

Any advice?

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

I'm incredibly biased when it comes to PS vs. XB, I'll side with PS every time (I can't think of a single XB game that has ever interested me). I will be getting a Switch eventually though, I'm still going to focus on PlayStation (since I'm a bit addicted to trophy hunting), but I'll pause that for a bit whenever a fun looking exclusive gets released for the Switch. :hmm:

So basically, I'd say stick with PS unless XB has an exclusive title you really want to play.

• Like 1

Just sounds like an example of too much choice dude. You can't pick what to do, so you pick one and wonder if you should've picked the other? I have that problem with my backlog sometimes, find an hour to play something, feel conflicted over what it'll be.... make one choice, feel like I'd have preferred a different game, and then look at that the hour is up!

They're two good consoles, but way more important is the games on them. Play what you feel my man.

Also yes... get the Switch. It's a beast.

• Like 2

There are many out there who can only afford or have access to only one gaming device. They find joy in that one. Some are fortunate in having multiple gaming devices too. I’ve chosen to stick with one due to time constraints and other factors. The one I have chosen allows me to have the best gaming experiences around in my opinion. Best of luck to you my friend. 

• Like 1

I do not understand the problem. About what exactly do you like to get advices?

I got an XBox One X a month ago, did use it for less than a week and I am already thinking about selling it. I think you should just focus on one platform. Except if you are interested in Nintendo. Nintendo is always fitting in as a secondary platform. I mean, what kind of monster does not like Pokemon??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I just can't seem to just play whichever console I want, I don't know why. It's almost as if I feel it's one or the other, you pick one or the other sort of thing instead of just enjoying both. It would be stupid however to sell my Xbox just to get rid of this feeling because that's going to the extreme. 

I know all this sounds silly but it's been this way ever since last generation too. I don't know what to do because it's stopping me and interfering with my gaming because of feeling this way. 

Any advice?

As someone who has a PS4, Switch and Xbox One... and also has silly feelings with things like this... here's what I do.  I made rules for each console.

For example...

PS4 gets single player games.

Xbox gets multiplayer games (or single player games with premium online features I'd like to use).

Switch gets indies/smaller games/less graphically intensive games.

Obviously all three consoles have exclusives, and they go to their respective homes.  This is ideal since there isn't really ever a need for me to really invest in PS+ or Nintendo Online (unless I find a deal or something and want to)... as Xbox Live Gold gets the job done w/ online multiplayer and Xbox Game Pass keeps things interesting.  And my buddy I play games with the most online is on Xbox anyways.

Long story short... keep both, enjoy their exclusives, and just try and draw some simple lines to decide which consoles to buy/play any other games on.  Even if it's just buying games you're interested in for whichever system you can find it cheapest on.  Don't be afraid to check eBay for used copies or Amazon or whatever, as well as the digital storefronts depending on your preferences.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

As someone who has a PS4, Switch and Xbox One... and also has silly feelings with things like this... here's what I do.  I made rules for each console.

For example...

PS4 gets single player games.

Xbox gets multiplayer games (or single player games with premium online features I'd like to use).

Switch gets indies/smaller games/less graphically intensive games.

Obviously all three consoles have exclusives, and they go to their respective homes.  This is ideal since there isn't really ever a need for me to really invest in PS+ or Nintendo Online (unless I find a deal or something and want to)... as Xbox Live Gold gets the job done w/ online multiplayer and Xbox Game Pass keeps things interesting.  And my buddy I play games with the most online is on Xbox anyways.

Long story short... keep both, enjoy their exclusives, and just try and draw some simple lines to decide which consoles to buy/play any other games on.  Even if it's just buying games you're interested in for whichever system you can find it cheapest on.  Don't be afraid to check eBay for used copies or Amazon or whatever, as well as the digital storefronts depending on your preferences.

Well, I have heard some people who own Playstation just for the exclusives but for everything else Xbox. 

What I've always done, is buy every console, and play whatever I feel like at the time. This generation I ended up selling my Xbox, because there was simply nothing I wanted to play on it. They cancelled the games I wanted, and everything else is on PC.

I do understand feeling weird playing other consoles though. When I was trophy hunting pretty hardcore, playing on other systems bugged me. I felt like I was wasting my time whenever I played a game without trophies. I felt like I needed to rush through it to get back to trophy hunting, because it felt like I wasn't getting anything out of it. Realizing how ridiculous that was is what helped me move past it again. Trophies are great, and I still occasionally go for plats, but games are still the same games without them. No matter what system, the experience isn't any different just because something is popping up telling me I did something. So it's best to just enjoy the experience.

I wish I could help you out, but ultimately, no one can really help you with this but you. You've got think about it and figure out why you're feeling the way you are. You have to really be honest with yourself. Once you do, I'm sure you'll be able to move past it.

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

What I've always done, is buy every console, and play whatever I feel like at the time. This generation I ended up selling my Xbox, because there was simply nothing I wanted to play on it. They cancelled the games I wanted, and everything else is on PC.

I do understand feeling weird playing other consoles though. When I was trophy hunting pretty hardcore, playing on other systems bugged me. I felt like I was wasting my time whenever I played a game without trophies. I felt like I needed to rush through it to get back to trophy hunting, because it felt like I wasn't getting anything out of it. Realizing how ridiculous that was is what helped me move past it again. Trophies are great, and I still occasionally go for plats, but games are still the same games without them. No matter what system, the experience isn't any different just because something is popping up telling me I did something. So it's best to just enjoy the experience.

I wish I could help you out, but ultimately, no one can really help you with this but you. You've got think about it and figure out why you're feeling the way you are. You have to really be honest with yourself. Once you do, I'm sure you'll be able to move past it.

That was a good way of explaining it. A lot of what you said related to me. I wish I didn't feel this way because it's interfering with my gaming and most the time I find I'm doing everything but gaming because of it. 

25 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Well, I have heard some people who own Playstation just for the exclusives but for everything else Xbox. 

Whatever floats their boat.  There isn't a right or wrong way to do it.  Both systems have great exclusives, and all manner of multi-platform titles.  Just a matter of finding whatever rhythm/flow works best for you.  I personally like giving myself some guidelines so I don't get too wrapped up in just thinking about which console to buy a game for... I mean, there are tons of other quirky things that ruin my gaming mojo but at least that isn't one of them anymore. xD

I also try to divvy up the workload as much as I can.  If I'm going to have two or three consoles anyways, might as well use each of them equally and not put too much wear and tear on any one system.

Edited by Dreakon13