GUDGER666

Hearing a lot of reports this is killing PS4 systems

22 posts in this topic

Anyone had this problem? Lots of people saying its killed their console, and doesn't seem to be a specific model. Being wanting to play it but it's really putting me off. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I hope not. I've been kinda looking forward to playing this. 😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Anyone had this problem? Lots of people saying its killed their console, and doesn't seem to be a specific model. Being wanting to play it but it's really putting me off. 

 

No need to fear. I played all the way to platinum (multiple playthroughs) on a original PS4. The old fossil handled it just fine.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, reiner- said:

No need to fear. I played all the way to platinum (multiple playthroughs) on a original PS4. The old fossil handled it just fine.

That's good to hear (I've got the original PS4 as well), I'm going to make a fresh backup of my PS4 before I start it though... just in case. 😅

 

Apparently the people that have had issues are having their HDD corrupted, I'm using a external HDD for my games, so maybe that'll be safer? :hmm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Masamune said:

That's good to hear (I've got the original PS4 as well), I'm going to make a fresh backup of my PS4 before I start it though... just in case. 1f605.png

 

Apparently the people that have had issues are having their HDD corrupted, I'm using a external HDD for my games, so maybe that'll be safer? :hmm:

 

Well I should note that I was also using a external HDD. 

Having a external HDD is almost a must for original PS4 owners. 500GB doesn't go far these days.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are all these reports you speak of? I haven’t heard of this at all and for this to be as popular as it is something like this would have been all over the internet. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, reiner- said:

 

Well I should note that I was also using a external HDD. 

Having a external HDD is almost a must for original PS4 owners. 500GB doesn't go far these days.

 


I replaced the 500 GB with a 2 TB internal drive a few years ago and have been fine since.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, reiner- said:

Well I should note that I was also using a external HDD. 

Having a external HDD is almost a must for original PS4 owners. 500GB doesn't go far these days.

Definitely, you're lucky if you can even fit 10 games on an original PS4. xD Especially when games like CoD throw 80GB patches at you. <_< 

 

20 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Where are all these reports you speak of? I haven’t heard of this at all and for this to be as popular as it is something like this would have been all over the internet. 

I've seen a few on Reddit & Activision's site, but that's about it. If there's a decent enough risk to worry about, I think there'd be a lot more info about it around (especially for a popular game like CoD). :hmm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Masamune said:

That's good to hear (I've got the original PS4 as well), I'm going to make a fresh backup of my PS4 before I start it though... just in case. 1f605.png

 

Apparently the people that have had issues are having their HDD corrupted, I'm using a external HDD for my games, so maybe that'll be safer? :hmm:


The game corrupted my database while playing. I even have a trophy screenshot with the error. I’m using an HDD. Fortunately, nothing corrupted there. Just had to rebuild database, adjust all of my settings again, and recreate my folder structure. Took hours, but could’ve been far worse. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, DrEvilGuapo said:


The game corrupted my database while playing. I even have a trophy screenshot with the error. I’m using an HDD. Fortunately, nothing corrupted there. Just had to rebuild database, adjust all of my settings again, and recreate my folder structure. Took hours, but could’ve been far worse. 

That sounds rough, i'm convinced that this game is slowing my system and making it stupid, trophies arent popping when i get them i have to press the psn button and check the notifications to see if i earned them after attemps

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2019 at 8:26 PM, djb5f said:


I replaced the 500 GB with a 2 TB internal drive a few years ago and have been fine since.

 


Me too. Well worth the investment. Sold the previous 500gb to a friend to soften the blow. Although I have recently bought a 4tb external on top. 
 

My OG ps4 handles it just fine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this was reported on charlie intel it's if you reached max level in mp it would brick your console before seasons started it should be fine now I'm sure it's fixed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, Masamune said:

That's good to hear (I've got the original PS4 as well), I'm going to make a fresh backup of my PS4 before I start it though... just in case. 1f605.png

 

Apparently the people that have had issues are having their HDD corrupted, I'm using a external HDD for my games, so maybe that'll be safer? :hmm:

 

This did happen to me when on cod but i wasnt sure that caused the issue. Hearing this makes me think otherwise. It corrupted on me after i put my system in rest mode while cod was on. Rebuilt database, took 3 minutes, has been completely fine ever since.

2 hours ago, MorbidMercenary said:

i'm convinced that this game is slowing my system and making it stupid,

150% it is. for some reason the ps4 or even the pro just cant handle the xmb menu while cod is on. its a nightmare

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My system kind of takes a shit whenever I play this game, especially multi. It gets laggy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

 

This did happen to me when on cod but i wasnt sure that caused the issue. Hearing this makes me think otherwise. It corrupted on me after i put my system in rest mode while cod was on. Rebuilt database, took 3 minutes, has been completely fine ever since.

150% it is. for some reason the ps4 or even the pro just cant handle the xmb menu while cod is on. its a nightmare

Part of this is because COD menus have unlocked framerates. The count can easily go past 60fps and really start bogging the game down.

 

As far as killing systems, reminds me of the reports on PS3 about firmware version x.xx bricked my console. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AtotheMtotheZ said:

This still happening?

Not really, it was a small percentage of people reporting this. Their system could’ve died on any game. I know tons of people who play this game, as well you can see on psnp.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me i want delete the game from my PS4 but... I have take 4 days for download this patch update 86 GO. so people think they stop add dlc trophies? or have a rumor or news they add in the future mode trophies dlc? 

 

Because it's the hell to download a 86 go update while you take 4 days ( 28 hours) for download it.

 

Oh yes i have love the story campaign , the trophies are middle difficulty for me.

 

But the dlc are always hard ( spec ops or zombies in past COD games).

 

i hope they dont add more trophies.

 

Battlefield V i have remove from my PS4 one year before and 0 dlc added. I hope this way too for this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mouton33 said:

Me i want delete the game from my PS4 but... I have take 4 days for download this patch update 86 GO. so people think they stop add dlc trophies? or have a rumor or news they add in the future mode trophies dlc?

 

I would assume that we're probably in the clear. The game doesn't have a season pass so nothing was promised gamemode-wise and they've already added basically thrice the amount of Spec Ops missions after the initial four and those new ones never got trophies, so this will probably be the first new mainline (a.k.a. not MWR or Black Ops Declassified) CoD game without regular DLC trophies since MW2. While I would prefer the game to not be hot garbage, at least we shouldn't have a reason to install it again.

 

Don't quote me on this though, it's just speculation. Maybe wait until the Season 2 announcement comes around to see if there are any new big gamemodes announced out of the blue (Season 1 ends on the 28th).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put a good 70+ hours into this game (100% trophy list plus multiplayer grinding) on a second shipment launch PS4. It's still kicking. Running MW off of a 2TB external as well.

Even though it's still working, sounds like it's about to launch into space playing it though 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it use to kill ps3s. i think it was modern warfare, or part 2. also the last of us and twisted metal was known to do the same. twisted metal use to totally shut down my ps3 phats. the explanation was the games were pulling to much processing power from the consoles causing them overheating issues and stuff. and if your console was already internally not built to great it would be enough to kill it. but ps4 has better soldering then the ps3 does after restrictions being lifted on the material they actually needed so i dunno. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.