Does the Survivor exploit still work on ps4?

Radford999

You can finish the whole game on easy and change the difficulty to survivor just before the last hit on the final boss and you'll get the survivor trophy.

Also works in the dlc, when it asks you to finish the "worlds of hurt" challenge on medium or higher, you can do it on easy and change it to medium before interacting with the little sister, you'll still get the trophy.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Only if you have a very specific US version of the game and play unpatched but the DLC version of the exploit is a PS4/XB1 exclusive.

Lets say i have been playing the bioshock ps3 version PATCHED for a while and im near the end. If i delete the patch before i finish the final boss, will this still work? or do i have to play the entire game while it is unpatched? Thank you for the quick response btw!

35 minutes ago, SomeFriend89 said:

Lets say i have been playing the bioshock ps3 version PATCHED for a while and im near the end. If i delete the patch before i finish the final boss, will this still work? or do i have to play the entire game while it is unpatched? Thank you for the quick response btw!

No idea I'm afraid, because I did all of the difficulty trophies legit.

On 12/15/2019 at 0:31 PM, Devil-Danna said:

You can finish the whole game on easy and change the difficulty to survivor just before the last hit on the final boss and you'll get the survivor trophy.

Also works in the dlc, when it asks you to finish the "worlds of hurt" challenge on medium or higher, you can do it on easy and change it to medium before interacting with the little sister, you'll still get the trophy.

I've already completed the main game, but does this really work on the PS3 version of "Worlds of Hurt" as well? 

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yawn...

10/10 response kid

10 hours ago, majob said:

Survivor really isn't even that hard, at most you'll just have trouble with the Big Daddies but that'll only be at the beginning and you can always make a manual save before fighting them

Agreed. Way too easy of a game to exploit like this. It’s not like ppl who do this are cheaters, but c’mon. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler

On 1/29/2020 at 0:40 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

If you have to use the difficulty glitch to get the trophies you don’t deserve them imo.

Did not mean to post, and cannot delete. So ill use this to say whats up

Edited by vgAlias

So with the exploit could you theoretically just be playing on Easy with Vita Chambers on then just switch to Survivor and Vita Chambers off just before the final cutscene? Given how much this version of the game apparently just randomly changes the difficulty setting anyway I wouldn't feel too bad for using it honestly.

8 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

So with the exploit could you theoretically just be playing on Easy with Vita Chambers on then just switch to Survivor and Vita Chambers off just before the final cutscene? Given how much this version of the game apparently just randomly changes the difficulty setting anyway I wouldn't feel too bad for using it honestly.

No, the Vita Chambers have to be off from the get-go, else the trophy won't pop.

On 29-1-2020 at 6:40 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

If you have to use the difficulty glitch to get the trophies you don’t deserve them imo.

Agreed. These are the same people who use the Veteran glitch in the old Modern Warfare, because they lack the skill and determination to play on that difficulty legit, but then love to boast about how they were able to get the platinum trophy. Same kind of lazy people who'd cheat on an entire test and then go around showing off their A+.

I don't mind if you cheat in a game to beat an entire difficulty setting, you're entitled to play the game the way you want, it's yours after all. It's a matter of principle though, you're not impressing anyone. Most of all, you're only fooling yourself, so that's on you. So please, don't be a hypocrite by using such cheap exploits and then singing your own praises, You'd be better off putting in the effort to self-improve. You'll get much more satisfaction out of bagging those trophies.

We already have plenty of hypocrites in politics. No need to add on top of that pile.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Agreed. These are the same people who use the Veteran glitch in the old Modern Warfare, because they lack the skill and determination to play on that difficulty legit, but then love to boast about how they were able to get the platinum trophy. Same kind of lazy people who'd cheat on an entire test and then go around showing off their A+.

I don't mind if you cheat in a game to beat an entire difficulty setting, you're entitled to play the game the way you want, it's yours after all. It's a matter of principle though, you're not impressing anyone. Most of all, you're only fooling yourself, so that's on you. So please, don't be a hypocrite by using such cheap exploits and then singing your own praises, You'd be better off putting in the effort to self-improve. You'll get much more satisfaction out of bagging those trophies.

We already have plenty of hypocrites in politics. No need to add on top of that pile.

I kind of agree with this line of thinking. It's one thing if you use the cheat to obtain the plat, but it's another thing if you're going around boasting about it like you did it legit! I personally don't care either way, if you paid for the game, play it how you want. Just don't go bragging about it like that. 

• Like 1

Consider this is a 10-year old game. I played on one of the harder difficulties on XBox 360 when it originally came out. I want to play through again without a hassle, and enjoy unlocking the trophies. Can anyone confirm changing the difficulty to normal or hard won't lock out the exploit if you've already started on easy? What I've read so far is: you have to keep it on easy until the very end. I'm not playing through multiple times for a trophy.

• Like 1