Story Collecter and Stories expert are both bugged.

iGGTheEnd

Just thought I would let anyone interested in this game that both of these trophies are unobtainable.  I messaged a few of the highest percentage completed players and they have also confirmed they aren't obtainable.  I am pretty sure it is a bug where when you finish an event sometimes it won't update the percentage of that area, I redid all the quests 5 times in different ways on one level and it was always stuck on %94, and apparently this happens with multiple characters on multiple different areas.

One of the people I messaged had messaged the devs a couple months ago and they said they would fix it and then went silent.  This is unfortunate because the game is a ton of fun.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Just thought I would let anyone interested in this game that both of these trophies are unobtainable.  I messaged a few of the highest percentage completed players and they have also confirmed they aren't obtainable.  I am pretty sure it is a bug where when you finish an event sometimes it won't update the percentage of that area, I redid all the quests 5 times in different ways on one level and it was always stuck on %94, and apparently this happens with multiple characters on multiple different areas.

One of the people I messaged had messaged the devs a couple months ago and they said they would fix it and then went silent.  This is unfortunate because the game is a ton of fun.

Have you tried messaging the one person that seems to have obtained those trophies?

2 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

Have you tried messaging the one person that seems to have obtained those trophies?

Ya no answer, they are very straight forward so they should pop but the guy at %95 said he tried to get at least the %75 trophy and it didn't pop even though he got more than %75 complete. %100 is impossible to achieve because it doesn't register some of the missions.

To anyone interested, here is what I have been trying (to no avail so far) :

-  Played all levels of all characters with a 100% completion indicated in the pause menu (except for two, which are the prologue of the professor and the mansion of the witch).

- Then replayed some levels to get info on the great old ones, but didn't go for 100% on those runs, even played levels in disorder. Thought that the completion had to be in a straight run, so

- Replayed all levels for a given character from beginning to end in a row. Still have to double check the witch that way.

Should be far more than 75% at this point, still, no trophy :(

Anyhow, I always made sure I'd save at the checkpoint or finish the level so the mini events register. Since I've been noting down every event I came across, I am now sure that there are more mini events possible then what spawns once in a level generation (for example in the professor prologue there are at least 20 possible mini events when no more than 18 appear at once). I deduced that maybe each level at to be played a couple times until every possible minievent is discovered, and not just have 100% once. Been working on that. Still nothing... ?

Current version of the game is 1.3, which includes the german localisation. That patch was originally released for pc on June 7th.

They released a patch on Aug. 9th (v. 1.31) to fix the mini events (among other things) and a hotfix at the end of september. Hopefully the portability to PS4 is not too long and the patch will be available in a near future ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the following to get my game back at version 1.00, in the hope that maybe it was patch 1.03 that screwed the trophies up (since the only plat achiever did it before this patch was released).

How to revert a digital game to v1.00

Aaaaaand: It didn't seemed to help, that grandfather clock in the abandoned house level of the witch still didn't seem to count.

@iGGTheEnd maybe you want to try it out anyway? So you can confirm or infirm that is not a solution...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dug deeper into the steam forums and found someone who managed to get an answer for the same issues, yet on Xbox. Seems like Blini Games partnered with Badland Publishing for the console portability, so they would be in charge of getting the patches released for PS4.

As patch 1.31 has been out on PC for a while, my guess is either they never submitted this patch for PS4 or Sony had its verification on hold for a while.

Contact mail is found here.

Let's see if we can get some news.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never had an answer to any of my attempts. @Stormwarrior90 or @ZandryX you should try to contact Blini games or Badland publishing too, the more the merrier! And maybe they'll stop dodging the matter at some point...

The game doesn't only screw my Lovecraft collection (just finished call of he should not be named), but my entire trophy profile as the only unobtainable plat :shakefist:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@Blood_Inquisitor

Latest version of the game remains 1.03.

@CsabelitoHUN

Reptilesoul was kind enough to provide me with a hint: you can restart levels until the buggy events do not spawn.

That way I was able to get 100% on the levels I never could before. But still no trophies... So there has to be something else on top to make them pop.

The next step I can think of is replaying all campaigns from start to finish while making sure to get 100% on every level. Either I missed it on any level, or because I've been replaying levels individually for a while, the saves for each character are messed up.

Also, since there are more events possible then what spawns on a level, I tried replaying levels over and over until no new events were encountered. No results either.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:14 PM, Lothym said:

Finally nailed it!

Here's how it goes: the objective is to get 100% of events on every level. The progression for your current level can be tracked in the pause menu, and that counter is what the trophy is based on. Be aware of the following:

• The collectibles are bugged

Some events in some levels will not increase the counter. If that happens, even if you find all events in such a level, the counter will not indicate 100%, negating you the condition for the trophy.

There is a workaround for such cases: you need to restart the level until that event doesn't appear. There are more events possible on a level then what spawns (i.e. the level will have 15 events out of a possible 18 for example), so a favorable configuration eventually generates. This is entirely RNG dependent.

• The progression save is bugged

Well, kind of. Each level can be played individually and the autosave will trigger after completing a level, but that won't suffice. The game probably resets level progressions when chapter selecting. So each character campaign has to be played from start to finish without switching, until you get the prompt in the strange place that gives you the choice to do so. Characters can be played in any order though.

• The 75% trophy is bugged

Definitely. It will pop along with the 100% trophy, as you complete the last level with the last character.

So that's it. Good luck to all.

Grats on the plat and thanks for the info.

I just have some questions.  

Since the game is randomly generated is it generated for the whole run?  So lets say I get %100 percent on the first 2 levels and then stuck at %98 percent on the 3rd do I have to restart the whole playthrough or just that level? 

I remember restarting the first level over and over like 5-10 times and was stuck at %98 percent.  Do I just keep doing the level until I finally get %100?  Also how often did this happen to you while going for the plat is it only specific levels that it happens on or was it happening on every single level?

Also do you have an estimated time on how long it took to plat and also the difficulty of the game I can't remember much as I played the game a year ago and figured it was just unobtainable.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Since the game is randomly generated is it generated for the whole run?  So lets say I get %100 percent on the first 2 levels and then stuck at %98 percent on the 3rd do I have to restart the whole playthrough or just that level? 

If a level reveals to be un100%able, you can just restart it. Unless you used the save machine, in which case you have to start the campaign again. Finishing a level with less than 100% also calls for a complete campaign restart, because of the autosave in the strange place.

I remember restarting the first level over and over like 5-10 times and was stuck at %98 percent.  Do I just keep doing the level until I finally get %100?  Also how often did this happen to you while going for the plat is it only specific levels that it happens on or was it happening on every single level?

Well yeah, the number of tries totally depends on the RNG of event generations. It may take a 100 tries if you're unlucky... There is no other solutions than to keep at it with plenty of patience.

That happened recurrently on 2 levels: professor prologue and chapter 3 of the witch. It also happened punctually in the detective and ghoul campaigns, so although not systematic, assume no level is immune to bugged events...

Also do you have an estimated time on how long it took to plat and also the difficulty of the game I can't remember much as I played the game a year ago and figured it was just unobtainable.

Can't really say, but I think I spent nearly 120 or 150h total in that game, looking for solutions and all. As far as difficulty goes, event though I had buffed items and went around all levels several times, I still took a serious beating on various levels. The devs rebalanced the game with patches posterior to 1.03, which we will never have...

On 2/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, ars said:

That's massive, congratulations @Lothym for solving what the devs couldn't! Lovecraft's Untold Stories is now officially off the unachievable platinums list on pst.org.

If Reptilesoul had not told me to restart until it worked, I would have not done it. At some point I was convinced the bugged events would always spawn and did not depend on RNG. I just had to try 50 more times. Sigh...

• Like 2