Master Trader not unlocking

Sebulba2000

Hi, anyone else had this issue? I just can't unlock the Master Trader trophy, what am I doing wrong?

- I am doing this in a tutorial world imported to the Bedrock Edition

- I am selling materials for emeralds (34 emeralds per run and did this a lot over 30 times)

- I am not using the quick trading on the left. I'm just placing items in the spots with the triangle button

- I don't use any in-game cheats or Creative Mode

- I kept making copies of a world, then realoading and deleteing the ones, where I already did the run

NOTE: I unlocked Inception in the same Tutorial World, so trophies not unlocking there on Bedrock is NOT the case

Please help! Thanks :)

I just got the trophy today doing it nearly exactly the way you described. It does count across multiple worlds, I was getting 83 emeralds a run. 

What i done was make a copy of the world, load up the copy, go through the run, save and exit. Make a new copy of the original world and load that. Rinse and repeat. 

BUT i didn't delete any of the worlds until the trophy popped. I had 13 copies of the world when the trophy popped, then i deleted them. So that should have been 1079 emeralds, so maybe some of them maybe get missed. 

Hope you unlock it soon. 

PS you can use the quick trade as well, i used that for the entirety of my run

Edited by Longclaaw
PS

7 hours ago, Longclaaw said:

I just got the trophy today doing it nearly exactly the way you described. It does count across multiple worlds, I was getting 83 emeralds a run. 

What i done was make a copy of the world, load up the copy, go through the run, save and exit. Make a new copy of the original world and load that. Rinse and repeat. 

BUT i didn't delete any of the worlds until the trophy popped. I had 13 copies of the world when the trophy popped, then i deleted them. So that should have been 1079 emeralds, so maybe some of them maybe get missed. 

Hope you unlock it soon. 

PS you can use the quick trade as well, i used that for the entirety of my run

Ah yes, I had to delete the worlds. That makes sense, thank you

Deleted worlds do count towards this trophy, because that's how myself and my friends did it. We got all the Emeralds we could, then I saved the game, deleted my save, cloned my master save, loaded into the world - rinse and repeat until the trophy popped.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

People shouldn't be attempting this in tutorial worlds. Progress for trophies is unreliable in those worlds. Why not use the create glitch to spawn a bunch of villagers in a non-tutorial world?

I used the creative glitch to get it to work in one world. Just kept doing the creative glitch a few times. Spawned well over a thousand villagers. It was quite a sight to see them all panic at once when it rained  ? But yes, it is super easy to do the creative glitch. Just do that lol

• Like 3

I spent all day grinding for this in a non-tutorial world with the copy method, not using the quick trade since it's said to be buggy. Have been counting and I've received well over 1000, and still no trophy.

I miss when this game was actually fun to trophy hunt in. Nowadays, every update is filled with grindy and or buggy trophies that are worse than a chore to earn.
  • Like 2

Just now, SayomQarni said:

I hope it's not glitched because I took the long way and been trading in my world for 2 days now and got around 500 Emeralds. Could someone please confirm if traded emeralds before the last update stack or not?

Well, it states Bedrock only, so the ones you've traded in the PS4 Edition won't count :(

2 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Well, it states Bedrock only, so the ones you've traded in the PS4 Edition won't count :(

2 hours ago, SayomQarni said:

oh well. I guess I will continue trading with the villagers then.

Update:

As soon as I got my 546 Emerald on Bedrock edition, the trophy unlocked for me, so i guess it does stack from converted worlds. 

• 1 month later...
On 25/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, olivetheturtle said:

Did this in under 30 minutes using the creative exploit.

-Load in and use exploit to dupe 2 x 64 villager eggs and 64 chests, close app

-Load in and place 6 chests, use exploit to dupe two full inventories of coal and put in first chest, close app

-Repeat with coal twice more (way more villagers take coal than anything else), sticks, paper, wheat, string, and leather
-Once you have six full or almost full chests (I just picked six, you could do more and do stuff like carrots and wool and dye), copy your save

-Load up the copied save and grab your villager eggs, half an inventory of coal, and then the rest as needed

-Spawn a villager and trade with them if you can (only bother with tier one), if not spawn another 

-Save and quit, delete this copy of the save, copy the save again, and rinse and repeat

Using only 52 villager eggs I was managing to get 90-120 emeralds per go. With two stacks of 64 you should get about 150. Happy trading! 

This method works as of 04/02/20. Brilliant. Thanks mate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 24.12.2019 at 10:56 PM, olivetheturtle said:

Did this in under 30 minutes using the creative exploit.

-Load in and use exploit to dupe 2 x 64 villager eggs and 64 chests, close app

-Load in and place 6 chests, use exploit to dupe two full inventories of coal and put in first chest, close app

-Repeat with coal twice more (way more villagers take coal than anything else), sticks, paper, wheat, string, and leather
-Once you have six full or almost full chests (I just picked six, you could do more and do stuff like carrots and wool and dye), copy your save

-Load up the copied save and grab your villager eggs, half an inventory of coal, and then the rest as needed

-Spawn a villager and trade with them if you can (only bother with tier one), if not spawn another 

-Save and quit, delete this copy of the save, copy the save again, and rinse and repeat

Using only 52 villager eggs I was managing to get 90-120 emeralds per go. With two stacks of 64 you should get about 150. Happy trading! 

Do I have to delete copied saves after I am done with trading? I have 20 copies of a world and I got 57 emeralds by trading in each world, which equals 1140 emeralds. If I delete other saves, will their progress combine in one world or something like that?

Edited by MerTheGamerTR