hands down one of the best games ive ever played

ifyucantbeatmeXD

Glad to see you've enjoyed this game. This one has been on my wishlist for a long time now, just haven't gotten around to buying it and playing it.

40 minutes ago, MeteoraXV said:

literally a 10 year old game blows away most modern day games for me, kinda sad really. had the same feeling when i cleared ninja gaiden earlier this year, which is 15 years old

my only minor gripe is that it's called 'Muramasa Rebirth'...the original japanese title 'Oboromuramasa' is so much cooler and that's what i've been subconciously calling it the past few weeks

if you own a vita and you have not yet played this game you are crazy. i know i was all this time. i had a wii when this first came out  but didnt game much during that time so im extremely grateful for this Vita version

The problem is a lot of AAA games have a predetermined checklist of things that have to be put in, but what I tend to see is basically a money making scheme.

I'm not trying to bash on modern games, because there are some hard working developers out there who put their hard work and passion into their projects. But companies like Ubisoft, EA and Activision are mostly people who have nothing to do with the games themselves, who are just there to provide a little customer support and reach a profit margin. These companies aim is to make as much money as possible, everything else comes after. They're big and stupid.

Back to topic, Muramusa looks pretty challenging. Going to try to find it very cheap, although that is becoming more difficult since the Vita has mostly been dropped by Sony.

Edited by Spaz

I never had a Wii, and this was the one game I had been waiting for from that era. Needless to say, I bought it immediately once announced. I even ended up with two limited editions. There are occasions where I'm sure a game is going to be one of my favorites, and this one did not disappoint. I've held back on playing Hell's Where the Heart Is because I just hate the idea that the game will be over. I can only hope someday Vanillaware decides to make a similar game.

48 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Glad to see you've enjoyed this game. This one has been on my wishlist for a long time now, just haven't gotten around to buying it and playing it.

The problem is a lot of AAA games have a predetermined checklist of things that have to be put in, but what I tend to see is basically a money making scheme.

I'm not trying to bash on modern games, because there are some hard working developers out there who put their hard work and passion into their projects. But companies like Ubisoft, EA and Activision are mostly people who have nothing to do with the games themselves, who are just there to provide a little customer support and reach a profit margin. These companies aim is to make as much money as possible, everything else comes after. They're big and stupid.

Back to topic, Muramusa looks pretty challenging. Going to try to find it very cheap, although that is becoming more difficult since the Vita has mostly been dropped by Sony.

yeah im not trying to be mean either and while they can be fun most modern day games indeed feel soulless and mass manufactured so when i play games like this one, and ninja gaiden, and the souls games which also have a lot of attention to detail in everything from art directio to lore, it is always a feeling of being blown away

31 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

always wished this game came to ps4. i dont do hand helds, so i was hoping for a port since dragons crown did decent sales wise on ps3/4

im wondering why it is not on ps4, since Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown are. havent played the latter one yet but i have the PS4 steelbook edition waiting for me to open it soon

29 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

I never had a Wii, and this was the one game I had been waiting for from that era. Needless to say, I bought it immediately once announced. I even ended up with two limited editions. There are occasions where I'm sure a game is going to be one of my favorites, and this one did not disappoint. I've held back on playing Hell's Where the Heart Is because I just hate the idea that the game will be over. I can only hope someday Vanillaware decides to make a similar game.

that reminds me im buying the DLC right now and ill play it sometime later, i agree with that sentiment, it is very hard for me to 'finish' playing a game i really love, i thought i was a weirdo and the only person on the planet who does that lol. i always replay games eventually anyway though so it's mostly cool

incidentally, it sadly turns out i have a missing timestamp issue with this game...none of the trophies appear to have been timestamped. weird bc ive been playing it for the past two months and i havent noticed any problems with the clock. minor issue but something ill have to pay attention to in the future when playing vita games

Edited by MeteoraXV

46 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Too late now but it was just on sale not too long ago, complete edition. The DLC bundle was also on sale for 3 bucks, picked that up immediately. Still need to finish the plat, though. It's a challenging game. I did the speed run but now I don't know how to get back into it after such a long time off..

4 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Too late now but it was just on sale not too long ago, complete edition. The DLC bundle was also on sale for 3 bucks, picked that up immediately. Still need to finish the plat, though. It's a challenging game. I did the speed run but now I don't know how to get back into it after such a long time off..

i didnt find it too challenging tbh...didnt watch any vids either (then again i never do), just figured out everything myself bc that's more fun anyway. fury mode is really not as bad as it seems. Chaos mode is the actual hardest difficulty, but since you barely ever have to touch that mode outside of beating the final boss on Chaos mode to unlock Fury mode, it's not a major issue anyway

i do wonder why the plat for the international version is at 2.80% rarity, while the japanese version is at 11.55%, on this website anyway. that's quite a large difference, more so than usual i think lol

Edited by MeteoraXV

• 1 month later...

I agree with OP 100 percent. I play a lot of games and Muramasa, esp Rebirth w DLC, is in my top 10 of all time. The gameplay loop is fast and fun, the presentation and attention to detail second to none, but what suprised me the most was the writing. Especially the DLCs, the storytelling is very good, drawing on Japanese mythology and augmented with an incredible score a cross all episodes.

Like the sword it's named after, Muramasa seems to be doomed to not receive the attention it deserves and I hope it gets one final 4k port with HDR and all DLC to PS5 one day.

• Like 1