I can confirm this. Nothing happened after the first introduction race, except I did get to level 420 instantly. The 3 related trophies popped after completing another single player event.

It seems that on updating your records it returns the data of some random player who has high stats so it instantly levels you up.

Now I do regret doing this. Not because of the obvious abuse of a game glitch. But now I will feel somewhat compelled to finish this game and it plays absolutely dreadful :D

The same happened to me. I was level 1 during the tutorial, got to level 2 after finishing it. When i got to the main menu, i was level 700 out of nowhere. I didn't pay much attention to it and started to create custom tracks for the trophy. When i played a track created by other player, i got all the prestige trophies at the same time. I panicked and came here to find that it has happened to others.

Edit: i can confirm that my whole stats are messed up. It shows i have more than 60 hours of game time, 3519 km in distance covered and like 28 million credits earned (though i don't have that amount, i started with 10 thousand). All my single player and multiplayer stats are busted and all the SX challenges appear as achieved, except for King of the championships. The tracker of challenges at the end of races, however, is tracking everything correctly and do not appear as completed.

This is in the "personal records" tab on the profile. The others tabs (Multiplayer stat., Single player stat. and SX Challenges) are ok and show my stats accurately.

Edited by Samael39
Additional info.
  • Like 1

I want to know if this affected anything else? Like are the fashion accessories meant to be unlocked after certain levels because everything was open to me after hitting level 680 as long as I had enough money for it. I kind of assumed the devs made it so that everyone had access to the clothing to make it a bit more fun for PS+ players but it's a strange way of doing it if so.