Burgins

Trophy Thoughts?

19 posts in this topic

Looks like a standard list for a strategy game of this style. Kind of reminds me of Plague Inc Evolved's list a little bit.

What do you folks think?

Should be decent enough to plat unless the challenges have a high degree of RNG (Needed for master ranks)?

More importantly is the price, £29.99. I own this game on Steam and I'm not even sure if I paid for it, and if I did it was in the background of a humble-esque bundle. Sick of these devs coming to console platforms thinking they can charge ridiculous prices on games I can get for pennies on PC. Right now the game isn't even on sale on steam and is being sold for £18.99. £11 extra, do they think console players are thick?

Somebody's got some gall, releasing a game called Big Pharma in this day and age.

As a Pharmacy Technician by trade, I find this interesting! Hard to gauge the difficulty, those master ranks might be tough. 

I find myself vaguely interested in this game.  Also, annoyed by the console mark up, especially since Steam takes a cut similar in size to the cut taken by console manufacturers.

15 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Somebody's got some gall, releasing a game called Big Pharma in this day and age.

Unfortunately, I have to agree...especially after the whole Sackler Family lawsuit and the information that uncovered. Why don't they have a trophy for setting up "pill mills". 😂 

Edited by rotoninja

13 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I find myself vaguely interested in this game.  Also, annoyed by the console mark up, especially since Steam takes a cut similar in size to the cut taken by console manufacturers.

Usually the mark up is because someone else ports it over, I've noticed this with lots of indies, so they get their cut as well.  I'm not sure that's the case here but it could be. 

Not saying it doesn't suck tho.

I currently have 2,108 trophies.  Using the trophy advisor and including DLC for all games I own, I now have 1,605 unearned trophies on my account, which really bums me out.  I have been plugging away at the unearned trophies, but I keep adding games to my account, thus making the differential worse.  I would eventually like to have an earned to unearned differential over 1,000 in in favor of earned trophies, but we'll see if that ever happens.

7 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I currently have 2,108 trophies.  Using the trophy advisor and including DLC for all games I own, I now have 1,605 unearned trophies on my account, which really bums me out.  I have been plugging away at the unearned trophies, but I keep adding games to my account, thus making the differential worse.  I would eventually like to have an earned to unearned differential over 1,000 in in favor of earned trophies, but we'll see if that ever happens.

think you may have replied to the wrong thread here

On 17/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, Burgins said:

Looks like a standard list for a strategy game of this style. Kind of reminds me of Plague Inc Evolved's list a little bit.

What do you folks think?

This. I'm interested, but obviously not at this price: I'll see at the first good discount.

There is a trophy where you have to sell a product that cures Alzheimer‘s , HIV and prevents cancer development...

If you know the molecular basis behind these diseases then you also know what a big BS this game seems to be lol

22 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

There is a trophy where you have to sell a product that cures Alzheimer‘s , HIV and prevents cancer development...

If you know the molecular basis behind these diseases then you also know what a big BS this game seems to be lol

It's like not eating for years in RPG or killing thousand of soldiers in FPS, that's why exists suspension of disbelief.

I recently platinumed the NA version of this game.

Took me about 30 hours to complete. Nothing on the list is hard, but completing all the levels can got a little boring near the end.

Just make sure you have the marketing and malpractice expansion on and it's pretty straight forward.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, Jasko_SOA said:

I'd say a game named "Big Pharma" that actually provides treatment for these diseases without jacking up the prices or, hell, keeping them locked away altogether, is an infinitely bigger immersion breaker. Martin Shkreli's Let's Play of this would be just hours of insane laughter.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:30 PM, Burgins said:

think you may have replied to the wrong thread here

Yup.  I did.  Sorry about that.  A part of me wants to try this game, but I fear it might either piss me off or make me even more evil.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:04 AM, Masbee29 said:

I recently platinumed the NA version of this game.

Took me about 30 hours to complete. Nothing on the list is hard, but completing all the levels can got a little boring near the end.

Just make sure you have the marketing and malpractice expansion on and it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the heads up, so even rating trophies are not that difficult?

PS: 17 game owners in EU region in about 2 months, wow

On 2/1/2020 at 11:02 AM, gafpiratehook said:

Thanks for the heads up, so even rating trophies are not that difficult?

PS: 17 game owners in EU region in about 2 months, wow

Yeah, it's super low. I don't think I've seen any mention of its port release.

Some missions can be rough but not bad. I think there are 25 missions total and you only need 15 of them at master. If you get good at making multi-cures its just time.

3 hours ago, Masbee29 said:

Yeah, it's super low. I don't think I've seen any mention of its port release.

Some missions can be rough but not bad. I think there are 25 missions total and you only need 15 of them at master. If you get good at making multi-cures its just time.

Thanks again, I'll keep following the game looking for a solid discount.