How long did you take to complete online mode?

kanzenchaos

I saw in this trophy guide that the platinum overall should take 150 hours, and it took him about 96 hours on online.

I personally don't have a problem with longer (single player) plats, but when it comes to multiplayer w/ a boosting crew it can be really difficult to do because everyone needs to be online at the same time and it can end up taking longer than it's supposed to.

I'd like to know the experience from ppl on this site as well, how long did it take you? Did you have a boosting crew?

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

I'm boosting this now and yes, it will take you this long. It all depends on your crew and how big it is. Ideally, you want 4 players with multiple consoles, you need 6 players to start an online game to boost challenges, but there's one challenge that requires you to kill 4 players in a short span of time, but it can be done with just 7 consoles in total. You have 7 game modes, 30 wins per team of 3, in almost every game mode there is a timer, you just have to wait it out, so that equals 5/6 hours per team, TDM is worse because you need to win 2 rounds for 1 win so that's almost 12 hours per team, and Free for All is even worse because only one person can win at any given time so that's 300 minutes at least per person, x as many players there is, it can take up to 36 hours in total for this single game mode if you have a group of 6 players. And that's the easy part, it's just time-consuming. Invasion is a bitch, my team is trying to beat it for like 3 months, we play every week for like 5/6 hours per weekend (different time zones so not a lot of place to maneuver) and we still haven't been able to finish the first map which is the hardest one AFAIK. Good luck man, it's the only platinum that I consider giving up on, I'm just too tired of wasting every Saturday to play this garbage mode. 

Damn that sounds really brutal. I guess I'll stick to the single player when I get around to it, don't want to miss this one since it's from RGG Studios lol

Thanks for the detailed answer!

57 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Damn that sounds really brutal. I guess I'll stick to the single player when I get around to it, don't want to miss this one since it's from RGG Studios lol

Thanks for the detailed answer!

No problem. To be honest, I regret getting this game, I heard good stuff about it's singleplayer but I haven't read the guide properly, my friend who has 6 consoles (I have 2 at the time) asked me to boost this game with him and I thought if we can do it with just the 2 of us, then it's gonna be easy, just time-consuming. So now I have wasted around 60 hours into boosting challenges, and at least 50 on Invasion Mode, and I still haven't finished this... I just hope we will manage this shit someday.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.12.2019 at 9:26 PM, HaserPL said:

and at least 50 on Invasion Mode, and I still haven't finished this... I just hope we will manage this shit someday.

I don't know what you do but my group and i finished every map first try :D It's really not that hard if you got good communication between you and your teammates. The only time we struggled a bit was on round 50 in the 2nd map.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I don't know what you do but my group and i finished every map first try :D It's really not that hard if you got good communication between you and your teammates. The only time we struggled a bit was on round 50 in the 2nd map.

Well, my team isn't exactly the best... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.12.2019 at 7:52 PM, HaserPL said:

Well, my team isn't exactly the best... 

If needed i can help you with invasion i have completed all maps with just 2 players and helped multiple people finish it over the years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

If needed i can help you with invasion i have completed all maps with just 2 players and helped multiple people finish it over the years.

I thought it's not possible to finish unless you have less than 4 players in a group.

8 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I thought it's not possible to finish unless you have less than 4 players in a group.

Nah, you can complete each of the 3 maps in invasion with just 2 players its just a matter of skill :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, Game_Knot said:

On 1/9/2020 at 5:47 PM, HaserPL said:

On 1/10/2020 at 2:25 AM, Game_Knot said:

Nah, you can complete each of the 3 maps in invasion with just 2 players its just a matter of skill :)

I'm late to this, but I see that @HaserPL hasn't finished the invasion trophy yet. I can vouch that Game_Knot is insanely good at the invasion mode of this game and he knows where everything spawns and kills enemies incredibly quickly. I've done Invasion mode 3 times and only went in if he was on the team because he'd do the work of 3 people in 1 run by often getting 3x more kills than anyone else in the run and he mostly never had a single death on the stats screen. I think the limited ammo would really be the only thing that stops him soloing the entire mode, but I've seen him solo round 50 of maps when the entire team died and was always impressed with his skill on the game.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Invasion really is quite horribly implemented. If you happen to lose connection at any time over the 3 hours, there is no way to reconnect to the game. If the player that is hosting the match happens to lose connection, then the host migrates to another player, and the round resets with all your purchased gear stripped from you. Which means if it happens in a late stage round, your whole run is boned as you can't survive with the weapons you start with. I got all the competitive trophies done and finally had to give up on Invasion after several failed runs due to me or one of the other players losing connection. It never should have been 3 hours of uninterrupted play, that's just ****ing stupid.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2021 at 0:48 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Invasion really is quite horribly implemented. If you happen to lose connection at any time over the 3 hours, there is no way to reconnect to the game. If the player that is hosting the match happens to lose connection, then the host migrates to another player, and the round resets with all your purchased gear stripped from you. Which means if it happens in a late stage round, your whole run is boned as you can't survive with the weapons you start with. I got all the competitive trophies done and finally had to give up on Invasion after several failed runs due to me or one of the other players losing connection. It never should have been 3 hours of uninterrupted play, that's just ****ing stupid.

I agree with this. Having 4 players staying connected together for 3+ hours is actually a very difficult task. Not only do you need the servers to be playing nice but you also need to find the time to sit down and play for 3+ uninterrupted hours. Might not sound difficult for some, but it's not easy for everyone. It doesn't help that invasion gets quite difficult in the last 10-15 rounds or so. Having even one player disconnect is going to be an instant failure for the whole team (unless you've got a really great team... but most people don't). They could have easily implemented a save/checkpoint feature at least halfway through the 50 rounds just in case someone disconnects. And as you pointed out, the way that disconnections are handled is ridiculous. There's absolutely no reason as to why everyone should have their weapons and loadouts reset simply because of a host migration. That should have been caught by the devs and fixed asap. It's too bad because invasion is actually quite fun with a team of 4 when everything works the way it's supposed to. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 7:48 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Wait, the game has host migration, does it mean it's peer to peer and servers won't just die if SEGA says screw it? I want to finish boosting the game, but need to finish other games first (like Max Payne).