Game keeps crashing PS4 Pro

janzor88

Has anyone else had this issue? 

This game keeps crashing my whole PS4 Pro. First the screen freezes both places, and after around 15 seconds the console tries to restart for a couple of minutes and boots up with a CE-34878-0 error.

The system and game both have the newest version, so the error code doesn't make sense. 

Does anyone know a fix? 

This is really starting to annoy me! 

4 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Has anyone else had this issue? 

This game keeps crashing my whole PS4 Pro. First the screen freezes both places, and after around 15 seconds the console tries to restart for a couple of minutes and boots up with a CE-34878-0 error.

The system and game both have the newest version, so the error code doesn't make sense. 

Does anyone know a fix? 

This is really starting to annoy me! 

Do you have boost mode enabled? Some games hate boost mode. Turning it off seems to fix issues on many games.

Unfortunately it didn't help either. 

Tried disabling HDCP as well, which seemed to work. 

But after an hour of playing, the constant crashes are back again. Will be a pain in the ass to plat this game it seems. 

Edited by janzor88

It now crashed just after the finish line, and I can't start the game anymore. Just keep getting the same error message as before.
Will download and reinstall the game again. Was around 90% done with all the gold stars, so I hope it hasn't corrupted my save files so I have to start all over again..

Fuck this shit game! Never had any problems before, but this piece of trash keeps crashing the whole console.

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2019 at 9:28 PM, janzor88 said:

It now crashed just after the finish line, and I can't start the game anymore. Just keep getting the same error message as before.
Will download and reinstall the game again. Was around 90% done with all the gold stars, so I hope it hasn't corrupted my save files so I have to start all over again..

Fuck this shit game! Never had any problems before, but this piece of trash keeps crashing the whole console.

Did you solve it? Every time I start an event the game crashes, it has become totally unplayable. And along with server status that doesn’t recognize the challenges i doubt i’ll ever platinum this.

Exact same thing is happening to me. The game crashes before I start any race with the same error code. I switched to my alt account and tried starting races and guess what? No crashes...Try downloading a previous cloud save, at least that might help, it helped me but I still get crashes but at least you can play...It's nothing to do with PS4 PRO I don't own one, the servers are just in ruins right now, it's the game from hell.

3 minutes ago, AdamDAAT2009 said:

Exact same thing is happening to me. The game crashes before I start any race with the same error code. I switched to my alt account and tried starting races and guess what? No crashes...Try downloading a previous cloud save, at least that might help, it helped me but I still get crashes but at least you can play...It's nothing to do with PS4 PRO I don't own one, the servers are just in ruins right now, it's the game from hell.

I don’t have ps4 pro either. It turns out it’s a save file corruption problem. Unfortunately I had just backup up my save so it wouldn’t help at all. I had to delete my save file and start the tour again and now it’s working. At least the level will keep, apparently it’s saved online. Still frustrated because i lost all my stars (i was about halfway) and still can’t get the challenge trophy to work.

• Like 1

Didn't play it since a long time, already did the challenge part so i can't help you with this issue.

But i didn't finish tour mode / ranks level ... and if the current rank is saved online, i think it would be a nice idea to finish this game before servers closing ... just in case X_x

Hope my save still work >_<

9 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Didn't play it since a long time, already did the challenge part so i can't help you with this issue.

But i didn't finish tour mode / ranks level ... and if the current rank is saved online, i think it would be a nice idea to finish this game before servers closing ... just in case X_x

Hope my save still work >_<

I was wondering the same. The guides point out just two online trophies, but now I’m sure level is saved online. I haven’t tested if it ranks up while playing offline though.

On 27.1.2020 at 9:57 AM, Djeheuty said:

Did you solve it? Every time I start an event the game crashes, it has become totally unplayable. And along with server status that doesn’t recognize the challenges i doubt i’ll ever platinum this.

There is no fix, as the issue is problems with the PSVR hardware.

I tried reinstalling the game, rebuilding database, formatting HDD, turning on/off all the options in both the consoles system, and game settings. One guy even tried testing things on a new PS4 with his old PSVR, with same problems.

The crashes have been there since 2017 and occur for many VR games including Polybius, Playroom, Driveclub VR, Playstation VR Worlds, Skyrim VR, WipEout VR, Summer Lesson, Ultrawings, Firewall: Zero Hour and many more.

I had constant crashes which made this rather easy platinum extremely hard, as there was so many races and events which I couldn't complete.
I just kept trying, as sometimes I was lucky enough to complete a race before the console crashed.

The crashes would seem to corrupt the savefile and game, so I couldn't start it again. I found out that I just had to restart my console once again and the save would work fine.

After this platinum, I also had issues with Playstation VR Worlds. So I've completely stopped using my PSVR.

Life is too short for this shit and constant crashes. Never had any issues with my PS4 before.

51 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

There is no fix, as the issue is problems with the PSVR hardware.

I tried reinstalling the game, rebuilding database, formatting HDD, turning on/off all the options in both the consoles system, and game settings. One guy even tried testing things on a new PS4 with his old PSVR, with same problems.

The crashes have been there since 2017 and occur for many VR games including Polybius, Playroom, Driveclub VR, Playstation VR Worlds, Skyrim VR, WipEout VR, Summer Lesson, Ultrawings, Firewall: Zero Hour and many more.

I had constant crashes which made this rather easy platinum extremely hard, as there was so many races and events which I couldn't complete.
I just kept trying, as sometimes I was lucky enough to complete a race before the console crashed.

The crashes would seem to corrupt the savefile and game, so I couldn't start it again. I found out that I just had to restart my console once again and the save would work fine.

After this platinum, I also had issues with Playstation VR Worlds. So I've completely stopped using my PSVR.

Life is too short for this shit and constant crashes. Never had any issues with my PS4 before.

There is something wrong with either your PlayStation or your headset because I have played over a hundred vr games and put hundreds of hours into them and not had a single crash. I would try using a different headset to see if that works because I can tell you for sure that this isn’t common at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

There is something wrong with either your PlayStation or your headset because I have played over a hundred vr games and put hundreds of hours into them and not had a single crash. I would try using a different headset to see if that works because I can tell you for sure that this isn’t common at all. 

Yes, that is exactly what I said already in the first line: There is no fix, as the issue is problems with the PSVR hardware.

15 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Yes, that is exactly what I said already in the first line: There is no fix, as the issue is problems with the PSVR hardware.

Yes but you make it sound like all psvr hardware has this issue when it’s just yours that does. But I’m sure there is a fix try talking with Sony to see if they have an idea of how to fix it. You may be able to send it in for a repair.

Edited by rolltideroll157

9 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yes but you make it sound like all psvr hardware has this issue when it’s just yours that does. But I’m sure there is a fix try talking with Sony to see if they have an idea of how to fix it. You may be able to send it in for a repair.

Me and a friend are having the same crashing issues, and so many other people, I don’t believe all our headsets are broken. Maybe a recent Ps4 firmware update messed up with VR compatibility. Unfortunately we can’t expect any update for this game, since Evolution Studios closed years ago.

5 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Stop pulling conclusions out of your ass.
Neither you or I have sufficient data to know how big of an issue this is.

This for sure is not as small of a problem, as you are trying to make it.

Since 2017 there has been huge problems with PSVR, with different technical issues reoccuring. First with the #connectiongate which was caused by a mix of PSVR + the new PS4 Pro model blocking out the audio and video signals to the headset, and later on the numerous CE-34878-0 crashes.

14 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Stop pulling conclusions out of your ass.
Neither you or I have sufficient data to know how big of an issue this is.

This for sure is not as small of a problem, as you are trying to make it.

Since 2017 there has been huge problems with PSVR, with different technical issues reoccuring. First with the #connectiongate which was caused by a mix of PSVR + the new PS4 Pro model blocking out the audio and video signals to the headset, and later on the numerous CE-34878-0 crashes.

I’m not saying it’s not an issue but it’s also not as big as one as y’all are making it. Just because you had some bad luck and have had issues doesn’t mean it’s a widespread issue like the red ring of death was for the 360. You Claim you have had issues with it since you got it in 2017 well you had 1 year warranty to take it back so that’s completely on you then. I also wasn’t trying to start an argument I was just stating that it wasn’t normal and was trying to give you a possible solution since you haven’t found one yet. But if you are going to to be a douchebag about it then have a nice day ?

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I’m not saying it’s not an issue but it’s also not as big as one as y’all are making it. Just because you had some bad luck and have had issues doesn’t mean it’s a widespread issue like the red ring of death was for the 360. You Claim you have had issues with it since you got it in 2017 well you had 1 year warranty to take it back so that’s completely on you then. I also wasn’t trying to start an argument I was just stating that it wasn’t normal and was trying to give you a possible solution since you haven’t found one yet. But if you are going to to be a douchebag about it then have a nice day 1f60a.png

You are literally saying that it's just me having these problems and that it's not widespread, based on that you havn't had any issues which is a complete logical failure.
Second of all, I did not claim that I had problems since 2017 as you're stating - but wrote that there were general problems since 2017. To be more precise, since december 2016 there has been major problems with PSVR. Most fixed, some havn't been fixed and some new problems have occured later.

See more here for example, and just a quick overview from Reddit about PSVR crash threads gives you 230 search results just from one site.

On 27.1.2020 at 11:29 AM, Djeheuty said:

I don’t have ps4 pro either. It turns out it’s a save file corruption problem. Unfortunately I had just backup up my save so it wouldn’t help at all. I had to delete my save file and start the tour again and now it’s working. At least the level will keep, apparently it’s saved online. Still frustrated because i lost all my stars (i was about halfway) and still can’t get the challenge trophy to work.

I had this bug just a few minutes before as well when I was around 90 stars and found a solution for it.

What I did:

- I deleted a part from my save file (all except the profile data file)

- I play the game offline

Now races again start without a problem.

Hope this helps anyone! :)

Edited by jayboo1991

11 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

I had this bug just a few minutes before as well when I was around 90 stars and found a solution for it.

What I did:

- I deleted a part from my save file (all except the profile data file)

- I play the game offline

Now races again start without a problem.

Hope this helps anyone! :)

I tried playing offline but still having crashes before a few events. Do you mean deleting just replays data and ghost right?

53 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

Yes correct, you have to do both things, then it should work :)

Ok thanks, things got better this way but not totally crash proof..I was able to complete the last 9 stars championship that was always crashing before 3rd race, but now I’m still experiencing crashes in the last 6 stars event. I hope I’ll be able to complete it if the game stops crashing for once.

I had the CE-34878- Error now for 2 saves. In the first save i was staying at 92 stars and on the second at 117 stars. With both saves i can not entering any race or event anymore or it will be crash. Now i take a break and then i will give this miserable game a last chance in the next days. In my last try i will finish the last events as soon as i can. Maybe this will help.

To continue with the old saves i tried everything out. I delete the ghost and replays. I tried the save on my PS4Pro and my PS4. I restart my console a lot of times. I tried to using my backups. Nothing helped...

32 minutes ago, FreestyleGamer96 said:

I had the CE-34878- Error now for 2 saves. In the first save i was staying at 92 stars and on the second at 117 stars. With both saves i can not entering any race or event anymore or it will be crash. Now i take a break and then i will give this miserable game a last chance in the next days. In my last try i will finish the last events as soon as i can. Maybe this will help.

To continue with the old saves i tried everything out. I delete the ghost and replays. I tried the save on my PS4Pro and my PS4. I restart my console a lot of times. I tried to using my backups. Nothing helped...

You didn't mentionned it ... did you tried playing offline ??

Driveclub servers are really bad ... making the game constantly trying to load stats ... and eventually making the game crash -_-

17 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

You didn't mentionned it ... did you tried playing offline ??

Driveclub servers are really bad ... making the game constantly trying to load stats ... and eventually making the game crash -_-

Yes, it tried it multiple times. For the first few times it continues, but from event to event it was more difficult to start it. And now it's impossible with my current savefile, it doesn't matter if offline or online. ?