A Useful Tip!

Vergil

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
14 hours ago, Vergil said:

Lol no dude. Its definitely not that hard

I definitely think Bleed is a fantastic indie, I have the game on Steam but I’ve never bothered with all the achievements. 

Doing an Arcade run on Very Hard looks just brutal. If you are trying to say several playthroughs will definitely help then you have a good point. 

To me this is comparable to Mein Leben and NYMHC from Max Payne 3. You have to do an entire run with just one life and if you mess up you have to do it all over again.

Maybe it’s not as hard because Bleed is quite short, but still. I definitely see myself spending over 20 hours on this one, if not more.

• 1 month later...

@Spaz

I understand where you are coming from. Initially I thought it was going to be a rather difficult platinum but when you get all the upgrades and the "white" weapon (unlocked by beating story mode on very hard) it wasn't anywhere near as hard as I imagined. You have nearly infinite energy with all the energy upgrades and using the tip mentioned by Vergil. Slowdown is not just a defensive ability, you can use it to deal more damage too since enemies get slowed more than you. So for any boss you maximise your energy for both damage and survival. The White weapon can destroy some of the hardest bosses in seconds. Don't let the over the top difficulty from the guide scare you from playing a good game. Bleed 2 is actually harder since they removed the energy tapping. Everyone I know simply agrees with that.

The only tough part is the boss from the 3rd stage and you fight it again in the final. Although the rocket launcher could make it very easy if it worked like bleed 2. Never tested that weapon out for it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry it took this long to respond. You Danny have undoubtedly one of the best trophy profiles on this website. Crypt of the Necrodancer, I envy you man. That took some insane skills and effort. 

It’s plenty doable, I missed out on the sale however. Got my back to the wall in terms of backlog, so this will have to wait.

Yeah this game is very difficult. I attempted an arcade run on Easy last night and got to the mini boss on the Dragon Heart level. The problem I am having is sustaining my rank as it appears you have to do the level relatively quickly killing things whilst not getting hit and if you don’t have at least like an A rank for the more challenging bosses (and the higher difficulties) then it is extremely difficult as for me you need to melt the bosses pretty quickly so they have no chance to pull off any moves.

The first level I reckon I can pull of consistently; the second I think I could get used too but the third, that boss is a nightmare. I did sustain an S rank against it but that was on the Easy arcade run I did last night.