[EU] January Sale starting soon

SadisticSymphony

I haven't had a single notification off the 100+ games I have an interest in, regarding waiting for a sale from PS Prices, so on one hand its a good thing as I don’t have to spend loads ? whereas on the other, gimme cheap games I want!! ?

There are a shitload on sale though...

https://en.psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4

Edit: 

Yehp, shortly after posting I receive over 20 emails telling me what games I have an eye on are reduced! ?

Edited by Ashbo

PS3 line-up isn't bad, but I don't think I'll bite. The few games I actually want for the system aren't on PSN anyway, at least not in this region. Vita lacks the games that used to always be on sale, like Neptunias, so I think I'll skip that too. Hoping something gets added there, since I only really register Secret of Mana and WoFF. Might get Cold Steel 2 for ps4, unless I can find a good physical deal.

Just now, YaoiGod said:

Atelier games were put on sale, more specifically Nelke, Lulua and Lydie & Suelle, all three who were never on sale in EU since release IIRC, so i think this is a surprisingly reasonable sale.

Not really, it's a terrible sale sadly.

I got the Misterious trilgoy at the same price Retail from amazon and at the base price you find them always on there. Evene Lulua 45 € is like that on Amazon right now.

Atelier Sales for whatever reason are always awful, never saw them drop down to 20 € or less... :(  

Even the Passes are terrible sales. Really, 35 € the Lidye & Suelle Pass on sale? -_- 

Anybody test the previous discount codes if they're still working?  I know expired codes usually work after the date but not sure about discount codes.

Anybody test the previous discount codes if they're still working?  I know expired codes usually work after the date but not sure about discount codes.

Nothing really interesting for me.

Anyway i think they added a new info in the Store pages, now they report the last time a specific game/DLC was on sale. For example for Just Cause 4 Complete Edition it says that the last time it was at a discounted price was from 22nd Nov 2019 to 2nd Dec 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Not really, it's a terrible sale sadly.

I got the Misterious trilgoy at the same price Retail from amazon and at the base price you find them always on there. Evene Lulua 45 € is like that on Amazon right now.

Atelier Sales for whatever reason are always awful, never saw them drop down to 20 € or less... :(  

Even the Passes are terrible sales. Really, 35 € the Lidye & Suelle Pass on sale? -_- 

Well yeah i can see how it's terrible for you, but for someone like me who exclusively buys digital, it is reasonable for me. Different opinions and viewpoints :D

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 2

I bought plenty of games during the last few weeks, both digital and retail, that I don't think I will get anything else during this new sale. Otherwise I might have gotten Fist of the North Star, and the Infamous bundle. Maybe I will still get Infamous, it's on sale till the 18th, so plenty of time to reconsider.

2 hours ago, YaoiGod said:

Well yeah i can see how it's terrible for you, but for someone like me who exclusively buys digital, it is reasonable for me. Different opinions and viewpoints :D

I Mean if you buy only Digital yeah it's Finally some Atelier Titles on sale since like 2017 maybe? So it's nice to save quite a bunch!

It's just sad how a series as Atelier which might not be famous but as a ton of titles available never goes on sale and when it goes it's still high, onyl 50% off! 

Instead for example Hyperdimension pretty similar in that regard goes on sale pretty often at great prices; i never understand why it's so hard to do for atelier, my only guess it's that Koei it's super stingy in allowing them on sale on PSN because it happenes with other Gust RPG too like Blue reflection or night of azure!

Edited by Sora9427

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Might pick up gal gun 2. Was hoping for HD Rebirth3, but that's never on sale any more. No great saving on any of my VR wishlist unfortunately. Not the worst sake, but certainly mediocre.

Really? Isn't it usually on sale during Big in Japan/Golden Week? I think I bought mine a year and a half ago.

5 hours ago, x7eight said:

Yeah,, didn't work, and this was one hour after the expiry date. 

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Really? Isn't it usually on sale during Big in Japan/Golden Week? I think I bought mine a year and a half ago.

Don't remember when that was.. I saw it for under £6 once, i'd certainly buy it at that price, should have got it at the time but I hadn't finished 2. I think I got 1 and 2 for maybe £4 each. Have been looking during every sale for what seems like months and I haven't seen it at anywhere near its previous level. 

Edit: just checked, it was £5.79 December 21 last year. It's been on sale only once since. It was in May at £9.09. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

6 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Nothing really interesting for me.

Anyway i think they added a new info in the Store pages, now they report the last time a specific game/DLC was on sale. For example for Just Cause 4 Complete Edition it says that the last time it was at a discounted price was from 22nd Nov 2019 to 2nd Dec 2019.

In some EU countries like Spain sellers have to state the lowest price that a item was on sale in the last 30 days or so. Perhaps that's extending to other countries too. I'm seing that too, but information is a gazillion better and more reliable on psprices.