The game is great

Pandaman

If you're so used to it on PC, you'll find the slowdown and frame drops infuriating, and the game sometimes freezes during autosaving requiring a reset which is downright frustrating, I just disabled autosave. But I still loved it.

Haven't played DA:O on PC, so I can't compare, but I can guess perhaps the PS3 won't look as sharp, or play as smoothly, but man, what a game!  Play it on PS3 without hesitation and don't let yourself focus on a frame rate drop or a silly something when you should be letting go and enjoying one of the best RPG stories, almost all the memorable characters of the series, and just a great time all around.

1 hour ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

i was trying to platinum this game a few weeks ago, and the servers wouldn't connect for the DLC (yes when i got this, i got the ultimate edition or whatever with all DLC included.). So i dont know if Sony of Bioware shut them down , but i havent been able to access the DLC

There's online stuff?

When I got the Ultimate edition all the dlc was on the disc. The only online connection you'd need for the game to my recollection would be to upload your saves to the Dragon Age Keep - trophies should unlock normally as well unlike Mass Effect Andromeda where you have to be connected to the servers to pop them.

Never played on PC but would definitely say go for it on PS3 but do expect a lesser experience compared to PC due to console limitations. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2019 at 7:27 PM, UpTheIrons_87 said:

i was trying to platinum this game a few weeks ago, and the servers wouldn't connect for the DLC (yes when i got this, i got the ultimate edition or whatever with all DLC included.). So i dont know if Sony of Bioware shut them down , but i havent been able to access the DLC

You don't need the servers to access your dlc.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Gonna pitch in late:

This game is great. Just not on PS3. Holy shit. 

First of all, I bought the Ultimate Edition, and couldn't even get it to start. Looked around on YT and other places found nothing helpful although a few people had my problem (something to do with creating game files). So, no big deal, I'll just install the DLC from the UE and then pick up an original copy for £3 on eBay. Did so, and the game started working. I come to find out that for some reason I can't install awakening (the most expensive DLC) from the disk so I decide to just get it off the store (fucking rip-off). I also found out that the Ostagar DLC is bugged on the UE so had to buy that too. Wankers. 

So finally I'm playing this 2009 game that I ended up spending about £40 on (my nostalgia took the reins here) and it plays like shit. Miserable loading times, saving times, everything just feels slow. Like 'Okay now Imma head to that area. I'll go downstairs and make some toast and get a drink while it loads' in some cases. But I'm still getting through...

...Until I started getting areas in the game where the world just doesn't load; all the characters etc. are just floating with no ground or anything. This happened in the forest area and some parts of Denerim and the Deep Roads (good luck getting through those places without being able to see the floor/walls). I'm zoning in on the plat but god DAMN has this been a bad experience compared to the 360/ Xbox One.

• 1 month later...