How and why to play this game

trucmucho

Play it as a tutorial to "Farming XXX" games.

In fact, a very good game if you're not a farmer, and ask yourself "what's a tomato ?". ?

Frightened at the thought of plowing a field in "Farming XXX" games ? Not a problem here, you will quickly become a "Master of the Plow" in this game ^^

Frightened By Farming Simulator "Destroy Crop" and "Seasons" features ? No problem here, you will learn how to handle them.

It's a great game for learning some quirks/tricks and knowledge common in other "farming XXX" games, as they are considered as already known in those games (and thus not or badly explained).

Your character is really a newbie in farming, so everything is well explained in detail.

You begin with a John Deere 1937 model B tractor, and same historical period agricultural tools, so you learn how to use each tool step by step, and why you use this one and not another one similar.

The game is as other farming games in an open world, with nearly-infinite play time.

There are daily quests involving agricultural contracts, DHL-like deliveries, repair jobs and cooking delivery.

The choice of vehicles is slim, but you will learn (sometimes the hard way) why using an old harrow or harvester combine is sometimes better than a new one for this 0.67ha field ...

Side note : as of current version (currently playing 1.02 EU), the game is crippled by bugs. Disappearing items in inventory, money reset to 0, crashed savegames, tractors and other machines teleporting during a save/load, unable to attach grain header to the harvester, save+reload game == crash sometimes, tractor teleporting front then back during plowing sessions, and lots of other ones ... (I experienced all bugs described here).

Anyway, if you play "as intended" and don't touch any (default) options, the game is still playable.

EDIT : it is not a game, it is a savegame crash bugfest.

I currently have 3 savegames on 3 different slots, 2 of them are corrupted.

- On one I simply bought materials in order to upgrade my farm

- On other one I simply seeded a field while it was a raining day.

The game is expensive, no platinum trophy, is stressful on frequent savegame corruption.

DO NOT BUY IT !

Edited by trucmucho
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

It seems patched. I'm on 1.04, and I saw some old Facebook posts by the developer saying they addressed the save bug. I'm 15-20 hours in or something like that and everything's still running fine. The only "warning" I have is the Beloved trophy. You need 1,000,000 social points for this. The first 50,000 are story related and come very quickly, but after that it's drip feeding. I'm at only 67,000 right now. The game is incredibly fun, though. It's super janky, but it has so much charm you can't help but love it.

Edit: Have to add that the jank is all in things like NPC models, voice acting, things like that. The game itself runs very smoothly, the camera is just right, and everything looks really colourful. Driving through the fields is an absolute joy.

Edited by Such-A-Goonie