Holiday Joy Festival!

Narniak

The Holiday content Capcom just released last night is absolutely incredible!  Major highlights include:

1)  Specific "Boon to our Research" events for what appears to be nearly every monster in the base game.  It's fairly easy to snag giant and mini gold crowns from these quests.  Not sure if this is something they have done in the past with so many monsters conveniently grouped together, but I will be heavily targeting these events during the next 2 weeks. 

2)  For rare decoration farming, both "The Greatest Jagras" and "The Name's Lavasioth" event quests are available until 1/5/20.  On my very first Jagras run, I got not one, but two Tenderizer gems (weakness exploit), and a giant gold grown.  On my first Lavasioth run, I got the holy grail Mighty Bow gem (additional bow charge level), and a mini gold crown.  Yes you read that correctly, 3 God-tier decorations for my bow builds, plus 2 gold crowns, all in 2 runs of less than an hour.  To put that in context, I had farmed for 100+ hours for Mighty Bow and Tenderizer gems prior to the Holiday update.  

3)  If you have the Master Ranks available from the Iceborne expansion, there is a very good armor set available basically for free.  You just have to login and do some of the daily limited bounties during the event to earn the "Joy Tickets".  It's called the Oolong Alpha+ set, and has valuable skills for all 5 pieces with high level and/or multiple decoration slots.  For example, the head piece alone has +3 Critical Eye and a Tier-4 deco slot. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS HUNTERS!!

4 hours ago, Jitters84 said:

This excited me for a second until I realized that the "boon to our research" quests you're referring to are the low/high rank ones from the original game, right? These have been in and out of rotation since a month or so after the original game came out.  

Yeah they are in the low/high rank event list.  Have all of them been in rotation at the same time before?  I know the Jagras and Lavasioth deco orgies are also in the rotation of the high rank events, but they seemed extremely difficult for just 9-star base game.  Maybe Capcom bumped up the difficulty and drop rates for the Holiday festival?  My RNG cannot possibly be so lucky as to get Mighty Bow, 2 Tenderizers, and 2 gold crowns in literally on only 1 run of each event.  The Oolong armor is definitely from the Master Ranks in Iceborne.  There's another great armor set called Buff Body that is available from an event called "Muscle Monkey Madness", but you have to be MR-24 and I'm not there yet.