Multiplayer Match Quiting

This will be my first time playing The Last of Us. I've heard great things about the game but honestly the multiplayer looks like a grind I won't enjoy. So I've been reading the guides to see if I can tolerate the multiplayer trophies enough to enjoy the single player. I did notice the mission guide said you can quit to boost progress but two sections of the same guide says quiting does not advance a day (in the section about retrying missions) and later says quiting does advance a day (in the section about the multiplayer shortcut). So which is it?

Edited by X-x-TheMayor-x-X

If you quit during a match you will advance a day, but your clan will have hungry and sick people because you didn't collect required number of supplies needed to survive.

If you quit via PS button and go back to game, you will be back at same week and day you quit game. This method is great if you want to complete 100% risk missions and didn't get required number of specific task done to keep your clan alive and continue your journey to finish.

Edited by Adrian1985_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My strat for ez plat without dealing with this MP was leaving 2 games in a row and playing 1 game, just commit suicide constantly with whatever perk it is that allows you to gift your teammates stuff for points after crafting 3 items, always craft bombs to commit suicide and give your teammates presents. You gain so many points doing this you will never have a problem getting materials for your clan. Remember the more your team is behind the more materials you get to kill yourself with and gift teammates. you'll end up being highest scorer on the team going 0-11 lol. Games will also end faster since you are burning through all your teams lives. Whenever you get the 100% risk missions just do the easiest missions like gifting/healing/crafting/downs/executions/marking and you'll never have to worry about losing your clan. 

Back when I did this I got the Firefly and Hunter journey trophies within a day and both almost within 24 hours of each other. Not sure how active the online is anymore or how much anyone actually cares about it, but back then I also had lots of fan mail from angry teammates and hilarious rage on mic. 

Edited by Las_Plagas1
  • Like 1