Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

@MarkusT1992
I am not sure if I qualify for a skip for June as the only game I completed was Beyond Two Souls and even though I had to do an entire replay of the story to get the single trophy I needed for the platinum, it was still only one trophy needed to get the platinum to pop. I was trying to finish A Plague Tale: Innocence for June but in the past week I got sick (actually waiting for COVID-19 test results) and have been sleeping a ton.

I also should have come on here and posted in April because I did have a game to use for a skip that month (Drowning). This pandemic has really messed with me mentally though and so I can't focus or remember anything. Not to mention in the beginning time became irrelevant.

Anyway - here are my June stats.

JUNE STATS UPDATE

Platinum trophies: 50 (+1 for the month/+5 for the year)
100% completed: 62 (+1 for the month/+4 for the year)
Completion: 37.56% (+0.55% for the month/+1.25% for the year)

Edited by AmarisSkye

@MarkusT1992 sorry for the late, I have no games for June since I didn't play too much until recently, too much real-life stuff. The only thing I played and beat was Need For Speed: Payback and idk that will qualify for anything. 

Also, I just got PSNow so, does anyone know if I can find any Downloable game that fits this month's theme? I saw a bunch of indies there so I decided to ask here in case someone had already found a very bad game there ??

On 7/2/2020 at 6:21 PM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

@MarkusT1992 sorry for the late, I have no games for June since I didn't play too much until recently, too much real-life stuff. The only thing I played and beat was Need For Speed: Payback and idk that will qualify for anything. 

Also, I just got PSNow so, does anyone know if I can find any Downloable game that fits this month's theme? I saw a bunch of indies there so I decided to ask here in case someone had already found a very bad game there 1f602.png1f602.png

Funnily enough I was noting down a few of the PS Now games myself that I could use for the challenge, there's some decent games in there - but here's a few that I might do:

Some Regular Ideas:

• Warriors: All Stars (on PS Now) - Metacritic: 70
  • Vampyr - Metacritic: 70
  • Erica - Metacritic: 69 (Playstation+ Freebie this month!)
  • Mafia III - Metacritic: 68

Some HC Ideas:

• Moto Racer 4 - Metacritic: 49 (on PS Now, Ultra Rare though)
  • Homefront: The Revolution - Metacritic: 49 (on PS Now, buggy and online trophies - Ultra Rare status)
  • Soul Axiom - 47 (PS Now / Puzzle Game, low % though)
  • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore - 42 (looks easy, only trouble is the online portion which needs boosting)
  • Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate edition - 38 (ehh?)

I'm pretty sure there were more, I'll have to take a peek later when I reach home

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

Need confirmation on Minecraft story mode season 2, hasn't got an official rating but both the reviews produce an average of 64, https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/minecraft-story-mode---season-two-the-telltale-series @MarkusT1992

I just checked the episodes of the game and three out of five have a rating which averages on 68. The reviews for the remaining two episodes didn't go above 70 so the overall is still under 70, which means I'll make an exception for that game.

Normally no score means not eligible for the theme.

Thanks a lot @Rello-Evante , I think the easiest choice for me could be Erica, although I will like to play both Vampyr and Mafia III eventually. I remember trying to go for the play of MX vs ATV (PS3) but when I looked at the trophies I just couldn't, also I didn't enjoy the game, I believe is the kind of games that are made for certain people, like Sports games.

Oh, before I play anything, let's update this. Sorry a lot of stuff happened, but it's all fine.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 36 (+1) / all year (+5);
  100% completed: this month 47 (+1) / all year (+5);
  Completion: 52.26% this month (0.17%) / this year (0,57%).

Since I haven't posted my completion for June here it is. Like I said I waited for the Gaming by Numbers event to start before getting the plat.

Assassin's Creed III Remastered which is set during the American Civil War. Played it for the second time and still enjoyed it.

• Different event: Gaming by Numbers
  • Hardcore
  • Started this month

I also got my first game for this month's theme with Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (65). Only a :gold: rank so far but I'm working on my :platinum: game.

• Different event: Gaming by Numbers
  • All DLC
  • First trophy a year ago

Hey there! This month's I have an early entry (I'm surprised too) since I just got the :platinum: of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation which got 70 points on the Metascore.

I was a little interested in playing Erica but after finding out about the 40GB the game requires... I might as well pass. I'll update again if I came across another 70 or lower metascore on PSNow.

Keep on the hunt! :yay:

I've got a couple of games completed already for July's theme. I surprisingly have a lot in my backlog that fit this theme.

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (PS4) ✅ [Metascore: 53]

Murasaki Baby (Vita) ✅ [Metascore: 69]

Well, after not playing anything in June, I've got a game done for July.  Another World (20th Anniversary Edition) is done 100% bearing a Metascore of 53.  I still have to work on a platinum to get the full deal this month but it won't be a skunk for the month again.

Got my game done for July, or at least the 1st one, working on another that might work

:platinum: Erica [Metacritic: 69]

A lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. A bit repetitive in the number of playthroughs but still quite fun - the main character's kinda cute as well.

Also, counts towards the following challenges:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Also, I know I only joined the challenge at the beginning of this month and I came in a weird time for stat tracking. I did, however, get back into gaming/trophy hunting earlier and actually have my own stats I was meticulously following through that you might like.

March 19 - (Beginning of Lockdown Quarantine, Break after 8 years) 

• Bronze: 1,164
  • Silver: 260
  • Gold: 55
  • Platinum: 5

June 12

• Bronze: 1,711
  • Silver: 472
  • Gold: 168
  • Platinum: 24

July 13 

• Bronze: 1,975
  • Silver: 566
  • Gold: 225
  • Platinum: 32

But for the sake of this challenge I'll just use the stats I started with from July 1st:

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies - 30
  • Current number of 100% completed titles. - 28
  • Current completion percentage - 44.02%

(posted it here so I can reference it earlier)

The reason I wanted that account to be moved to inactive is because I couldn't sign in on my laptop anymore for some reason and would rather not use my phone to post updates. Can I resign up?

Psn

current comp %-88.47%

# of 100%-16

# of platinums-16

Xbox

current comp%-65.6

# of 100%-287

My main console is Xbox and I really only use my ps4 from time to time.

I've done my first game for this event!

:platinum: Time and Eternity (Scoring 42 on Metacritic)

- Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Gaming bu numbers)
- Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
- Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago. (Or 7 years ago...)

Honestly, what can I say? It's a pretty terrible game and definitely not worth what I paid for it all those years ago.... At least at the time I had the good sense to abandon it straight away!  It was shallow in gameplay and story, sometimes it felt like it was trying really hard to be a parody but still completely missing the mark to be funny, good to have it off the backlog though.

Forgot to note down some of the other games I had completed that works for the challenge done for July

:platinum:#2 -  Far Cry 3: Classic Edition [Metacritic: 70]

Was alright up to a point, couldn't help but feel it was dated at some parts. Story was fun, but the collectible grind at the end was a drag - just glad we didn't have to go through all of them.

Works for the following challenges:

:platinum:#3 - Lego: The Lord of the Rings (VITA) [Metacritic:58]

Was able to snag a used Vita on the cheap with a sizable game collection, this was the first game I decided to try and ... it was alright. Actually quite enjoyable as I think their take on the LOTR story was pretty funny.

Doesn't work for any of the challenges, unfortunately.

Edited by Rello-Evante
Formatting

Infinity Runner - Metacritic score: 45

So .. HC and started this month.

Yeah, this game was pretty bad, fortunately it didn't take too long. Things got particularly hairy in the endless, randomly generated portion of the game and having to get 30,000 points in one run. The story mode was alright. I guess. Meh. Werewolves in space .. can't wait for the sequel! :awesome: