Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Three more for this month's theme bringing me to a total of five for the month. (Previous post here)

I have a bunch of games I am currently working on including one that fits the theme so I am still holding off on posting my stats.

Hidden Agenda :platinum: [Metascore: 66]

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Erica :platinum: [Metascore: 69]

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete 4 games within one month.

Adam's Venture Chronicles ✅ [Metascore: 48]

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Episode 1 of the original game was released Oct 2, 2009)
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that starts with the first letter of your PSN name
Spoiler

Hidden Agenda was very buggy in certain areas either a character would part of the screen during a conversation or there was a few moments where you would watch a character do the same sequence of actions two or three times. The story was decent and I liked how the decisions branched out and created different scenarios. It definitely felt like decisions you made actually had an impact on the story. The branches weren't as varied as a Quantic Dream game but they were good.

Erica on the other hand had virtually no glitches or bugginess and ran very smoothly. I wasn't sure if I was going to like playing a game that was essentially a movie but the first two play throughs kept me entertained. My biggest issue is that this game requires about 4 to 5 full play throughs in order to get all of the trophies and unlike Hidden Agenda, the variation on the branches of story telling were VERY limited. I found myself quite bored seeing/playing the same sections over and over. I think that is why it took me five days to finish Erica while it only took a little over a day to finish Hidden Agenda.

About a year ago I played Adam's Venture Origins and it was a bit of quick fun. I didn't realize when I decided to play Adam's Venture Chronicles that it is pretty much the same game with less involved puzzles and worse graphics (also some scenes in a slightly different order). Needless to say, I breezed right through it since it was a game I had effectively played before. Easy puzzles, dated graphics & a story with biblical tones - I would probably pass on this one unless I needed some quick trophies.

• Like 2

July Update

Game #1 1S77f338.png Storm Boy. (metacritic score of 48) Counts for HC and started this month

Game #2 1S90326f.png WWE Legends of Wrestlemania (Metacratic 70) Counts for this month, for another event and 10 years old

Game #3 1S4ad4e6.png Disaster Report 4 (Metacritic 51) Counts for this month, another event, released in the last 6 months, Completed all DLC and starts with the same letter for my PSN name.

Game #4 Sigi: A Fart for Melusina (Metacritic 58) Counts for this month and another event.

That qualifies me for 4 for the month also.

Here's a stat update

Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +101
100% completed: +101
Completion: +2.1%

• Like 1

UGH... This virus thing has just ruined my track recard with this challange.

JUNE GAME:

Assassin's Creed Origins: There's like a Civil War between Cleopatra and her brother going on in the background of the story and you get involved in it near the end.

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Completed all DLC
  • Started this month

This Month's games:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel: A score of 58

Amy: A score of 33

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Started this month

Monster Energy Supercross: A score of 67

Alekhine's Gun: A score of 36

Here's hoping I can find a crime game for next month AND I don't disappear for another month.

Besides the two games I already got this month (Infinity Runner & Master Reboot) I knocked out two more and that will surely be all I get this month.

Erica - Metacritic score: 69

Started this month. I thought this was a great game that was ruined by having to do multiple playthroughs for the plat. It's like reading a "Choose your own adventure" book from front to back, kind of kills the magic. On the one hand, sure you don't have to go for the plat but on the other hand the publisher defines the scope of completion with the trophy set. This game would've held up a lot better if you could get the plat in two playthroughs, imo.

Zack Zero - Metacritic score: 60

a.k.a. Johnny Generic. Generic action platformer has serviceable action and platforming. No platinum and it doesn't count for any challenges but it does bring me up to 4 games in a month. First time this year, I think.

@MarkusT1992 It looks like you missed my June entry. Valiant Hearts: The Great War. No plat but HC and started that month. I'd pick this trophy image I guess.

19Lfd2c50.png

1Sf7f5a6.png Fear Effect Sedna (50 on metacritic)

• Complete a game that you started this month;

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 38 (+2) / all year (+7);
  100% completed: this month 49 (+2) / all year (+7);
  Completion: 52.74% this month (0.48%) / this year (1,5%).

On 7/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, Rello-Evante said:

Forgot to note down some of the other games I had completed that works for the challenge done for July

:platinum:#2 -  Far Cry 3: Classic Edition [Metacritic: 70]

Was alright up to a point, couldn't help but feel it was dated at some parts. Story was fun, but the collectible grind at the end was a drag - just glad we didn't have to go through all of them.

Works for the following challenges:

:platinum:#3 - Lego: The Lord of the Rings (VITA) [Metacritic:58]

Was able to snag a used Vita on the cheap with a sizable game collection, this was the first game I decided to try and ... it was alright. Actually quite enjoyable as I think their take on the LOTR story was pretty funny.

Doesn't work for any of the challenges, unfortunately.

Just noting that I was able to finish another one before the deadline:

:platinum:#4 - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP

On 28.7.2020 at 10:39 PM, Metal Slime King said:

@MarkusT1992 It looks like you missed my June entry. Valiant Hearts: The Great War. No plat but HC and started that month. I'd pick this trophy image I guess.

Added your June entry now. I just was busy this month and couldn't update the thread untill now.

I finished 2 more games today which also get me the platinum rank.

The Book of Unwritten Tales (63)

• Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • First trophy over a year ago

I'm lucky that the PS4  version is the worst of all the versions. Every other platform is around 80 at metacritic.

LEGO Jurassic World

• Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Started this month

• Like 1

I finished four games in July, Everybody's Golf, Ash of Gods: Redemption, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and Goat Simulator. EG was a 78 so won't count towards the monthly theme, AoG was a 65 (I disagree), HoD was a 68 and GS was a 58. So none were qualified as hard core, but 3 were under a 70. The ironic thing was the highest rated game on my list was actually my least favorite to play. Due to garbage controls, I get why AoG got a lower score...but the game is great outside of that. HoD was a lot of fun and will go down in my history as the first game I ever played with my son, so that rates higher as well for me lol.

So for this month, the side challenges I can get are the 4 games in a month (if EG counts since it isn't on theme)

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - EG, AoG, HoD and GS

Complete all currently released DLC of a game - GS

Complete a game you started in that month - GS

July:

Platinums: 114 + 3 ~> 117

100%: 128 + 4 ~> 132

Completion: 98.36% ~> 97.87% (-0.49%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 15 ~> 117

100%: 117 + 15 ~> 132

Completion:  99.14% ~> 97.87% (-1.27%)

• Like 1

@MarkusT1992 It looks like you got all of my game posts for July. Here are my stats for the month:

JULY STATS UPDATE

Platinum trophies: 56 (+6 for the month/+11 for the year)
100% completed: 72 (+10 for the month/+14 for the year)
Completion: 39.19% (+1.73% for the month/+2.98% for the year)

• Like 1

Ok, monthly stats...

Finished two games for this event. Another World which I mentioned earlier in the month with a Metacritic score of 54 and a platinum for Demetrios for the Vita with a Metacritic score of 69 (I thought this was way worse than that and I like adventure games). No hardcore though on either.

End of Month Stats

Platinum trophies: 99 (+17)
100% completed: 123 (+22)
Completion: 91.43% (-0.39%)

I want to blame my nephew for my lower completion percent since we did play a few new games while he was here. However he only left one new game on my profile, and the real reason is probbly the Mega Man game I put there myself. Well, whatever the reason, it's just a temporary setback. I should get it back by the end of next month, if not this month.

I basically took the month to clean up a lot of my quick easy games that I had on my to do list for a while. A lot of these were not the best games but they fulfilled the requirements lol

Spoiler

1. √Letter(KR)

2. √Letter(HK)(Vita)

3. Aer(NA)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Event)

4. √Letter(JP)

5. N.E.R.O.

6.Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space(NA)

7.Punch Line (EU)

8.Aer(HK)

9.Erica

10.SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Anything released before or within 2010 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games)
  • Complete a game that was released during the last 6 month

11.√Letter(NA)

Next month's theme will be "Was it murder?"

It wasn't me, your Honor. He hit himselfe in the face.

Murder, theft, fraud and anything else that counts as a crime counts for this month.

Exmples: L.A. Noire, Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim

To be a bit more hardcore you are encouraged to commit those crimes yourselfe.

Every game where you play as the bad guy counts.

Examples: GTA series, Saint's Row 2, Thief

Here are the reminder for those without a game for July:

@Ampplaca, @brejdak93, @eigen-space, @Flex_Da_Brent, @Hunter226444, @Joa-Escherich, @Psy-Tychist, @scarishbal, @starcrunch061, @xLetsP1ayGod, @WDB_Chaotic

And last but not least: It's that time of the year again! Next month is a random month. For those of you who don't now what that means: Everyone has the chance to submit a theme for next month. For now you have until the 10th to submit your idea. If not enought themes are suggested I'll extend it to the 15th. Make sure to include a hardcore requirement when submitting. I reserve the right to adjust the theme if needed.

15 hours ago, Briste said:

I finished four games in July, Everybody's Golf, Ash of Gods: Redemption, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and Goat Simulator. EG was a 78 so won't count towards the monthly theme, AoG was a 65 (I disagree), HoD was a 68 and GS was a 58. So none were qualified as hard core, but 3 were under a 70. The ironic thing was the highest rated game on my list was actually my least favorite to play. Due to garbage controls, I get why AoG got a lower score...but the game is great outside of that. HoD was a lot of fun and will go down in my history as the first game I ever played with my son, so that rates higher as well for me lol.

So for this month, the side challenges I can get are the 4 games in a month (if EG counts since it isn't on theme)

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - EG, AoG, HoD and GS

Complete all currently released DLC of a game - GS

Complete a game you started in that month - GS

July:

Platinums: 114 + 3 ~> 117

100%: 128 + 4 ~> 132

Completion: 98.36% ~> 97.87% (-0.49%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 15 ~> 117

100%: 117 + 15 ~> 132

Completion:  99.14% ~> 97.87% (-1.27%)

Unfortunatly only games that fit the theme count towards challenges, so no 4 games in a month for you.

• Like 2

Here are mine--

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns - 66 Metacritic Score

--Other Event (Maidens, GBN)

Crystal Defenders - 63 Metacritic Score

--Other Event (GBN), 10 Year Old Game (Aug 6 2009), Started this Month

The Sims 4 - 66 Metacritic Score

--Other Event (GBN), Started This Month

Use this image for monthly theme-- 1Se5288a.png

The Count Lucanor -- may or may not count... only has 2 metacritic reviews which average out to 70 but not the required four reviews to receive an actual metacritic score

--Other Event (GBN), Started This Month, 4 games in a month

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 87
100% completed: 119
Completion: 94.75%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +34
100% completed: +40
Completion: +1.95%

Quick question in regards to this month's theme.

I literally just finished Beyond: Two Souls and wasn't sure if it would count towards the challenge, it is choice-based and you can do some evil things if you do so choose but...

Spoiler

there is a part in the story where you are sent to assassinate a democratically elected president in which you were briefed to be a warlord.

Just wasn't sure if this would apply.

Thanks for clarifying!