Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Probably won't be done Battleborn this month as the servers are still being less than cooperative and it has robots all over the place, robots you kill, robots you play as. Oh well.

I did plat Epic Dumpster Bear and it has robotic enemies in world 4, in the wild wastelands of Northern Alberta. No HC as it's not a dumpster Robo-bear, guess that would've been too epic. That plat graphic though .. :awesome:

1Ldc2134.png

So, finished up Xenon Valkyrie+ for this month's theme. You don't play as a robot, but you do fight robots (many of them), and can also enlist robots to help you.

I didn't post this before, so let's do it now. My current completion numbers:

Plats: 372 (+6 since start of the year)

Completed games: 453 (+6 since start of the year)

Completion %: 83.73% (Don't know, so maybe we can use this as the baseline value?)

• Like 1

I got two accidental entries that qualify for the month done. I didn't pick either game with the theme in mind and had no idea they would count so lucky me! Neither qualify for the HC but I got Rocketbirds 2: Evolution and Indigo Prophecy finished yesterday. I had no idea that there would be robots in either game, yet there they were. Robot Chickens in Rocketbirds and I can't tell you in Indigo Prophecy since it is  bit of a spoiler. As far as the extra challenges they both only qualify for 'counts towards another event' as they will both be used in the New Year's Resolution event.

I enjoyed the first Rocketbirds more than the second, but the second one was still pretty fun. Targeting kinda sucked and there are a few trophies where you need to be good with headshots. There is a target assist, but that really only aims for the body and you can't use that if you want to get the headshots so it can be a little frustrating. Overall it wasn't too bad. Indigo Prophecy had a good enough story, however the QTE sequences are like playing Simon Says using the R3 and L3 buttons. In hard mode it's Simon Says on steroids and is possibly one of the more frustrating things I've done in gaming. Thankfully you can pause often enough and it got to the point where I had to write the QTE sequences down and pause every fourth input item. Doing that I still f'd it up a ton. You need a lot of patience for that game...I only recommend it if you don't care about 100% and play it on easy for the story.

• Like 1

Haven't had internet access for awhile but i finished dragon ball Z kakarot (completed jan 31th) which works for last months theme. not sure if this is too late to submit

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(i think)
  • Complete a game that you started this month (New Year's Resolution Event)

So i have complete this months challenge with a platinum in "Ben10"! 
You fight robots (including a boss) in 2 of the 6 levels in the game. 

This game counts towards no challenges for me however.

I am also working on "Horizon Zero Dawn" for this month but sadly i doubt i will have the time to finish that game up, so atleast glad i got a easy game out of the way to ensure platinum-rank for this month too :)

Completed a title for February: Deus Ex Mankind Divided, great story, awesome gameplay (I love stealth games that let you not kill a single person) and massive number of missable trophies. Breach was really tedious, but least finished it pretty quick.

This counts as:

•Hardcore - Adam is pretty much 3/4 a robot

•Started it this month

•It is part od ABC Event

•Done 100%, 4 DLC trophy lists

Completed a Title for February: Detroit Become Human; Platinum Achieved today!

This also counts for:

* Hardcore - You play entirely androids.

* Started this month

* Part of another event (New Years Resolutions Event)

Also a reminder that I chose to accept LEGO Batman 2 as my January platinum (which had some extra challenges as well, I can go back and find them in the thread again if needed) since it hasn't been updated. 

This is my first platinum this year, I was letting this to play later on, but I like that this event always make my order of playing certain games being different than planned.

Detroit: Become Human

* Hardcore;

* Started this month;

* Part of another event (Bingo Bonanza).

Okay, so busy month for gaming in February for me-- here's the details for this event.

1S703b96.png Detroit: Become Human -- All the main characters you play are robots

• Started this Month
  • Played for Another Event
  • Hardcore
  • Please use this image for the HC Challenge image

1S1eadf9.png Forgotton Anne -- All supporting characters are anthropomorphized objects, so there's things like a walking-talking refrigerator acting as a bartender, etc.

• Started this Month
  • Played for another event
  • Please use this image for Started This Month

Deponia -- Using the Google definition for 'cyborg', one of the characters, Goal, has a mechanical component to her body-- namely her brain implant.

• Started this Month

1S1571d6.png Chaos on Deponia -- Goal is present in this game as well, with a main component of the game being switching out her brain implant discs

• Started this month
  • Please use this image for February

1Sf970b5.png Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- Very steampunk world-- the bad guy has a robotic arm, you collect mechanical insects for trophies, and you also have a robot bird companion... etc

• Started this month
  • Please use this image for 4 Games in a Month

Also, I'm not sure if I'm reading the rules correctly, but I think I can count this toward the DLC challenge... the platinum was earned last month, but I completed all the DLC in February. If I'm reading the rules incorrectly, disregard.

68Sad83cc.png Marvel's Spider-Man -- Many of the bad guys have robotic/cyborg components, and 

Spoiler

Hammerhead is at least half robot by the time you get to his final battle in the last DLC pack.

• All 4 DLC packs completed

Monthly Stats Update

Platinum trophies: +11
100% completed: +12
Completion: +0.84%

Edited by eigen-space

In February I finished two games for this event.

First one was Detroit: Become Human! You only play as Androids.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7678-detroit-become-human/MeanEdge89

It counts as :

Y04dodB.png

Hardcore

Started this month

Second game was Doki-Doki Universe! where you play as a robot.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2314-doki-doki-universe/MeanEdge89

9lZg3hS.png

Hardcore

Started this month

This month I completed 2 games that fit this months theme.  Crossing Souls and Arc of Alchemist.  Both games had Robots as enemies with Arc of Alchemist having them as the main antagonist and Crossing Souls having them as the main enemy type in the last area.

Crossing Souls fits the following challenge Criteria:

- Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (ABCs of Unstarted Games 2020)

- Complete a game you started in that month

Arc of Alchemist fits none of the challenges.

Overall I enjoyed these games.  Arc of Alchemist had some interesting gameplay mechanics in it's town building and being able to level up characters and skills using currency.  However, the game was too short to really make use of these systems.  The platinum itself is really grindy requiring you to gain max level with all characters.

Crossing Souls was a neat little story driven game with a great 80s theme.  Tons of Pop Culture References in the VHS and game themed collectables.  Good story overall and really fun.  

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10310-arc-of-alchemist/Sanevin

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7171-crossing-souls/Sanevin

Edited by Sanevin
added game links

For February -

:platinum: Borderlands 2 (PS4)

Challenge(s): 

• Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

I'm working on finishing the DLC by the end of the day. I'll update this post if I do.

Pretty sure this doesn't count for hardcore even though one of the characters is the Mechromancer which has a pet robot you use as her class ability.

On 24.2.2020 at 10:43 PM, Ashuri-B said:

Completed a Title for February: Detroit Become Human; Platinum Achieved today!

This also counts for:

* Hardcore - You play entirely androids.

* Started this month

* Part of another event (New Years Resolutions Event)

Also a reminder that I chose to accept LEGO Batman 2 as my January platinum (which had some extra challenges as well, I can go back and find them in the thread again if needed) since it hasn't been updated. 

I just havn't done the update.

Now everything is added.

18 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Okay, so busy month for gaming in February for me-- here's the details for this event.

1S703b96.png Detroit: Become Human -- All the main characters you play are robots

• Started this Month
  • Played for Another Event
  • Hardcore
  • Please use this image for the HC Challenge image

1S1eadf9.png Forgotton Anne -- All supporting characters are anthropomorphized objects, so there's things like a walking-talking refrigerator acting as a bartender, etc.

• Started this Month
  • Please use this image for Started This Month

Deponia -- Using the Google definition for 'cyborg', one of the characters, Goal, has a mechanical component to her body-- namely her brain implant.

• Started this Month

1S1571d6.png Chaos on Deponia -- Goal is present in this game as well, with a main component of the game being switching out her brain implant discs

• Started this month
  • Please use this image for February

1Sf970b5.png Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- Very steampunk world-- the bad guy has a robotic arm, you collect mechanical insects for trophies, and you also have a robot bird companion... etc

• Started this month
  • Please use this image for 4 Games in a Month

Also, I'm not sure if I'm reading the rules correctly, but I think I can count this toward the DLC challenge... the platinum was earned last month, but I completed all the DLC in February. If I'm reading the rules incorrectly, disregard.

68Sad83cc.png Marvel's Spider-Man -- Many of the bad guys have robotic/cyborg components, and 

Reveal hidden contents

Hammerhead is at least half robot by the time you get to his final battle in the last DLC pack.

• All 4 DLC packs completed

Monthly Stats Update

Platinum trophies: +11
100% completed: +12
Completion: +0.84%

I hope you meant to replace the images with the ones you posted cause that's what I did.

Yes, you can use a game for the DLC challenge if it fits the theme even thought you already got the base game completed.

19 minutes ago, AmarisSkye said:

For February -

:platinum: Borderlands 2 (PS4)

Challenge(s): 

• Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

I'm working on finishing the DLC by the end of the day. I'll update this post if I do.

Pretty sure this doesn't count for hardcore even though one of the characters is the Mechromancer which has a pet robot you use as her class ability.

Since you only summon Deathtrap and don't controll him I can't count it for the hardcore. Borderlands: The presequel would count even if you wouldn't play as Claptrap though because you could play as a robot.

My game for this month is one that many people already used for this month: Detroit: Become Human, which counts for:

• Another event (New Years Resolution)
  • Hardcore (All playable characters are androids)
  • Started this month.

I'll prepare the next month later today.

• Like 2

I'll sum up February now.  Two titles for the Robotic theme, Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus with playing Clank at various points(includes HC, another event (New Year's Resolution)  and started this month) and Song of the Deep which contains a clockwork seahorse (includes another event (Bingo Bonanza), short of the 1 yr challenge though at 11 months)

OK, stats time...

Feb:

Plats: +2

100%: +4

Completion Rate: +0.33%

Event: 

Plats: 192 (+9 for the event)

100%: 252 (+10 for the event)

Completion Rate: 84.52% (+0.75% for the event)

Ok, so it looks like it's going to be monsters.  Shouldn't be too hard but I'll look into the HC. I've got Medievil booked for KYC 12 so that should count if I can get it done.

Next month's theme will be "Dark Universe"

What's that in the shadows over there? It's coming closer! Arrrrgh...

The monsters ar loose. Any game featuring any kind of monster counts for this month.

Examples: The Witcher 3, Slender: The Arrival, Jak and Daxter

For the hardcore theme you have to become the monster. Be one with the shadows and hunt your prey.

Any game where you play as a monster counts for the hardcore requirement.

Examples: Monster Loves You, MediEvil, Evolve

Next month will be the first of two random month. That means every participant may submit one theme for next month to enter the vote. Depending on how many suggestions are made the voting will be splitt in several rounds. For now the submission phase lasts until the 10th.

The majority voted for new challenges to be added. I have some in mind but would like to get some more ideas. You can submit challenge ideas in addition to a theme if you want. I plan to add a vote for that as well should there be enought challenges ideas. Otherwise I'll just add the ones I have in mind starting next month.

And last but not least the reminder for those of you who haven't posted a game for this month.

@BlackSquirrell1, @DreamingSnoozles, @Lojtana, @scarishbal, @SpaghettiGrabsy, @SyIaris, @Together_Comic, @Uchiha_Snake__, @vin_rob, @Violino, @WDB_Chaotic, @XX_FTW