Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Finished two game for this month’s theme so far.

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (theme plus HC as you are a wolf monster who can transform into a Princess and vice versa, you also kill monsters, both challenges for started this month and another event (KYC 12))

Layers of Fear (no plat but works for the theme, I won’t claim HC as I don’t think that’s the kind of monster you meant but there is also a ghostly creature, plus same challenges as above, haven’t finished the dlc yet so I might have that challenge by the end of the month)

A good start for the month, maybe I can get the 4 titles done this month.

On 7.3.2020 at 3:53 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Since there is only one theme suggestion for next month so far I might have to delay the poll a few days or you get your suggestions in in the next few days.

If it's not too late to submit a theme for next month, i would like to suggest a theme you have done before in 2018, that i think sounds really interresting:

Around The World And Back Again - Game must be an open-world game. HCR: Game must feature at least 2 different types of areas in the open-world. (Forests, Beaches, Cities / Towns / Villages, Mountains.)

6 hours ago, Joa-Escherich said:

If it's not too late to submit a theme for next month, i would like to suggest a theme you have done before in 2018, that i think sounds really interresting:

Around The World And Back Again - Game must be an open-world game. HCR: Game must feature at least 2 different types of areas in the open-world. (Forests, Beaches, Cities / Towns / Villages, Mountains.)

You are still in time. I'll start the poll tomorrow.

So anybody who wants to get a suggestion in has time till tomorrow.

I throw a suggestion in as well.

Free as the wind: The game has an ocean/larger sea/ HC: The game has you play as an pirate.

I haven't been making good progress in my planned game so I completed a game as ... insurance, let's say. I just finished Adam's Venture: Origins, and platinumed it (gaining  :platinum: Hero of the Day). Now I'm unsure if "The Snake" counts as a monster: she is a floating ball of smoke, eletricity and malice. But if she does, then I'll count this as my month's game, and if she doesn't, then I'll hold on to this platinum as a skip if I can't get a qualifying game in time. (I'll post a further update when the month rolls over!) 

On 7.3.2020 at 5:16 PM, Rafi_004 said:

@MarkusT1992

Planning to plat The Count Lucanor for this month.

My suggestion is: Plat a game that starts with the same letter as your ID.

Example: Rafi_004 -> Rayman Legends.

Your theme lacks a hardcore requirement but I was planning to use that as a new challenge starting next month.

29 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

I haven't been making good progress in my planned game so I completed a game as ... insurance, let's say. I just finished Adam's Venture: Origins, and platinumed it (gaining  :platinum: Hero of the Day). Now I'm unsure if "The Snake" counts as a monster: she is a floating ball of smoke, eletricity and malice. But if she does, then I'll count this as my month's game, and if she doesn't, then I'll hold on to this platinum as a skip if I can't get a qualifying game in time. (I'll post a further update when the month rolls over!) 

Since I don't know that game I can't really judge. It would help to have a picture of that snake.

I added the poll with 4 theme to choose from and updated up to this post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Since I don't know that game I can't really judge. It would help to have a picture of that snake.

It's called "The Snake" because I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a representation of the 'snake' that tricked Adam and Eve into eating the apple (the game's basically a budget Uncharted themed around the Garden of Eden and the Temple of Solomon) As I said she's literally a ball of smoke, blue electricity and malice and she shows up in various parts of the game. Aside from making me fall to my death once she didn't attack me, though the game implies that if you make "selfish choices" that she will. Since she really does seem to be some sort of supernatural force I don't know if she counts! It's fine if she doesn't, this has just been a really busy month so I fail to get another game I assume I can use the plat for a skip.  

Adam-Venture-4.jpg

Got two games done this week. Path of Exile which counts for the monthly theme (but not the hardcore) and Heavy Rain which while metaphorically speaking has a monster with the Origami Killer....has no actual monsters so doesn't count at all.

PoE is being used in another event and that's the only other thing it counts for. If you're a completionist, I can't really recommend it since it could become broken at any point with a new league...but if you like Diablo style games and don't care about 100%, then it is free to play and worth looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

My update :)

I got the platinum in: 

Jak and Daxter

would count for the:

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that you started this month
  • Complete a 10 year old game. (since it's a remake of ps2 game)

Vampyr

Would count for the:

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. (1 year and 2 months) 
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.
  • Like 1

Too much free time due quarantine:

Nioh 2

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. ABC of Unstarted Games

Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

Complete a game that you started this month

Complete 4 games within one month

Bayonetta

Complete a 10 year old game

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. ABC of Unstarted Games

InFamous 2

InFamous: Festival of Blood

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. ABC of Unstarted Games

•  
  • Like 1

Bit of a slow month, but I did get one.

24S157ee4.png

:silver: Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville

It'll be quite a while before I get that platinum... oof. Fun, though Ops seem to have gotten a pretty big downgrade. Glad they made the campaign co-op this time.

I'd say the majority of playable characters count as monsters, but submit the Chomper as my favorite monstery-looking one.

I've been in quarantine since the early days of March, so I've had a lot of time to play this month.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey 

The endgame has the main protagonist fight against Cyclops, Medusa and the Minotaur. Moreover, in the DLCs you have to fight against Hekatonkires and Cerberus.

•  Complete all currently released DLC of a game

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

In this game in the final chapters you'll have to survive against hundreds of "Descendants", which are some sort of transformed humans by an ancient curse. I don't know if this game or any other game from the Uncharted series that I'll list do effectively count for this month's challenge, because it depends on the definition of "monster", so I'll list them just in case they count.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This time Drake had to fight against the brutal Guardians of Shambala.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

If I wasn't unsure about the eligibility of the precedent two games for this month's challenge, this time I'm almost sure this game doesn't count, since the Djinns you have to fight in this game are just hallucinations.

• Complete 4 games within one month. (if this game doesn't count but the other Uncharted games do, then this extra challenge gets transferred to Nioh's part)

Nioh

In this game the main character will have to deal with lots and lots of Yokais.

• Complete 4 games within one month. (if Uncharted 3 isn't eligible)

And that's all I believe. I completed Bloodborne's DLC too, but it was just 3 trophies that I missed, despite the fact that I've started over the game for those.

First the game for this month is: Vambrace: Cold Soul, I would consider any bosses as monsters because they have the bad green monstrous form and the white normal human one, and there's giant spiders, but anyway, that the game I started this month and stopped everything else to play it, so if it's not on the theme just use as my skip.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 33 (+1) / all year (+2);
  100% completed: this month 44 (+1) / all year (+2);
  Completion: 53.09% this month (+0.72%) / this year (+2,19%).

Completed quite a bit of games this month for my Xbox.

1.The Walking Dead: The Final Season-

Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).
Complete a game that you started this month

2.Minecraft (Kindle Fire)-

Complete a 10 year old game. (Minecraft released in 2009)
Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(if you count monster skins as playing as the monster)
Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

3.Minecraft (iOS)-

Complete a 10 year old game.(Minecraft released in 2009)
Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(if you count monster skins as playing as the monster)

4.The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series-
Complete 4 games within one month.(This is the 4th)

5.Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series (Xbox 360)-

6.Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series(Xbox One)-

7.The Inner World-

8.The Inner World - The Last Wind Monk-
Complete 4 games within one month.(this is the second set of 4)

9.XCOM: Enemy Unknown-
Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(you can play as the monster looking aliens in multiplayer.)
Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Hunter226037/gamecollection

Completed one that fits the theme: Tales of Graces. Lots of different monsters that you fight throughout the game.

It also counts for 10+ Year Old game as it was first released in 2009 in Japan for the Wii.

Stat Updates:

Start of Year --> Current (Change)

Platinum trophies: 87 --> 100 (+13)
100% completed: 119 --> 133 (+14)
Completion: 94.75% --> 94.90 (+0.15)

Edited by eigen-space

On 7.3.2020 at 9:06 PM, Joa-Escherich said:

So i have completed this month them with "The Wolf Among Us" from Telltale games. 
Since you play as "The Big Bad Wolf" from the stories, and mainly seem like a Warewolf when you are in fights in this game, it counts for the Hardcore theme for the month.

This also counts for the challenge: "Complete a game you started this month".

So sadly, i got nothing else for this month. 

Final stats for March month:
Platinum trophies: +1 (1 for this event)
100% completed: +1 (1 for this event)
Completion: +0.40%

Next month's theme will be "Around the World and back again"

Exploring to your hearts conten is the key for this month.

Any game with an open world is what we are looking for.

Examples: GTA 3, Judgment, Marvels Spider-Man

Seeing always the same can get boring after some time.

Any game whos open world has at least two different areas counts for the hardcore requirement.

Examples: Okami HD, Dark Souls, Kingdom of Amalur.

I'll update everything this weekend but I wanted to get the new theme announced. You can start to earn your ranks for April.

Got three games done for the month with only Path of Exile counting towards the theme. While Heavy Rain and MLB The Show 19 have metaphorical monsters (serial killer, Aaron Judge), no actual real live monsters. Not sure if any of my planned games for April will fit the category, but we'll have to see what I actually end up playing.

Final Stats for March:

Platinums: 106 + 3 ~> 109

100%: 120 + 3 ~> 123

Completion: 98.18% ~> 97.19% (-0.99%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 7 ~> 109

100%: 117 +6 ~> 123 (KH3 DLC took one 100% away)

Completion:  99.14 ~> 97.19 (-1.95%)

Here is my post for March:

Grim Fandango Remastered :platinum:

Tales from the Borderlands (PS3)  :platinum:

• Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago (first trophy was in Oct 2015)

MARCH STATS UPDATE

Platinum trophies: 48 (+2 for the month/+3 for the year)
100% completed: 60 (+2 for the month/+2 for the year)
Completion: 37.01% (+0.37% for the month/+0.7% for the year)

Edited by AmarisSkye

On 31.3.2020 at 7:28 PM, The_Raltos said:

I've been in quarantine since the early days of March, so I've had a lot of time to play this month.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey 

The endgame has the main protagonist fight against Cyclops, Medusa and the Minotaur. Moreover, in the DLCs you have to fight against Hekatonkires and Cerberus.

•  Complete all currently released DLC of a game

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

In this game in the final chapters you'll have to survive against hundreds of "Descendants", which are some sort of transformed humans by an ancient curse. I don't know if this game or any other game from the Uncharted series that I'll list do effectively count for this month's challenge, because it depends on the definition of "monster", so I'll list them just in case they count.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This time Drake had to fight against the brutal Guardians of Shambala.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

If I wasn't unsure about the eligibility of the precedent two games for this month's challenge, this time I'm almost sure this game doesn't count, since the Djinns you have to fight in this game are just hallucinations.

• Complete 4 games within one month. (if this game doesn't count but the other Uncharted games do, then this extra challenge gets transferred to Nioh's part)

Nioh

In this game the main character will have to deal with lots and lots of Yokais.

• Complete 4 games within one month. (if Uncharted 3 isn't eligible)

And that's all I believe. I completed Bloodborne's DLC too, but it was just 3 trophies that I missed, despite the fact that I've started over the game for those.

I only know the first two Uncharted games and those creatures count for the theme.

Since you said yourselfe U3 wouldn't count I didn'T count it but you still got your 4 games challenge done.

On 4.4.2020 at 3:13 PM, Lojtana said:

I sadly didn't have as much time to play as I'd anticipated I'd have at the beginning of the year, so I'd like to remove myself from this event for the time being. (:

Since you haven't completed any game this year I removed you completely. If you like to join again later this year you have to post your new starting stats.

Here are the reminder for those of you who haven't posted a game for March yet:

@Ampplaca, @DoctorDrPepper, @Fitzquaid, @MeanEdge89, @Rafi_004, @Sanevin, @ZachGM91

And the reminder for the inactive people:

@BlackSquirrell1, @DreamingSnoozles, @Together_Comic, @Violino, @XX_FTW

I'll give you a few days to post before removing you

Last but not least I added two new challenges you can complete.

The first is: Complete a game that was released during the last 6 month.

This one is for those who can complete a new game. Whe have something for the backlog games so it is nice to have the opposite as well.

The second one is: Complete a game that starts with the first letter of your PSN name.

I know that this one can be difficult for some people because of theire names but it is even more impressive if those people complete this challenge.

• Like 3