Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Finished the platinum for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for the monthly theme. Part of the game takes place at the school of magic. I wouldn’t say it qualifies for HC but at least I’ve got my game for the month out of the way. We’ll see if I can get another done.

@Psy-Tychist I wouldn't say FIFA counts for this. The skill games are not what the theme is about. There should be a kind of school somewhere in the game. Soccer training isn't a school for me.

Also not sure about Bloodborn and Fallout 3 since I haven't played those games. The other are fine though.

@WDB_Chaotic I started Blue Reflection for this month. It's a bit like the Persona games but faster to complete.

1Se5288a.png

:platinum: The Sims 4

Children and teens have to attend school, though it's the same as careers and you can just pick from a few settings (work hard, talk to friends, etc) and answer a few random pop-up dilemmas rather than actively participating.

-Different event

-Started this month

-Starts with first letter of PSN name? (depends if you count "the" or not)

Having actually played for all but two trophies, I wouldn't personally suggest this port - I ran into tons of lag/framerate drops, not to mention (mostly minor) glitches left and right. That said, I have two friends that play it with DLC that haven't had anywhere near as much trouble, so it may just be bad luck. Decent game overall, but a couple pieces of DLC would help liven it up, and it's probably better on PC if you have it as an option.

• Like 1

So i just completed my game for this month with plat in "South Park: The Fractured But Whole". 
There is a school in the game (South Park Elementary) that you have to visit several times. However, it doesn't count for HC in my book as the school isn't that important to the story, although you can't avoid it to complete the game. 

It does however count towards a game I started this month. 

I might start on "South Park: The Stick of Truth" but i doubt I will complete it in this month. 
It might count towards next month too though if we get "We Remember Them" as there are several factions fighting each other (not sure if it classefies as "war" though). 

• Like 1

Completed Persona 4 Golden for my game this month.

Counts for...

• Complete a 10 year old game. - Persona 4 was released in 2008 this is a remake
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. - counts for #stayhomeandplatinumwithme 
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. - A large portion of the game takes place at school and involves your school friends.
  • Complete a game that you started this month - Started May 1st

2nd title done for the month.  Completed the platinum for Baldur's Gate, also my 200th platinum!  Can you use the icon from this rather than Book of Unwritten Tales 2 for this month's trophy?  This is one of my favorite games ever and they ported it over pretty well once you get used to the controller instead of keyboard/mouse.

The school is there but definitely doesn't play a big part (since Ulcaster School is now a set of ruins) but exploration of it is necessary towards completing a trophy.  It also qualifies for the older than 10 yrs challenge as the original version came out in 1998.

• Like 1

On 1.5.2020 at 6:01 AM, Briste said:

Looks like I'll need to use one of my skips for this month....despite the tons of open world games I have...I didn't play any and only got the platinums for Spec Ops: The Line and Jurassic World Evolution. Spec Ops is an FPS with chapters and Jurassic World is a Sim style game. Hoping to do better with the themes this month!

April month end stats are:

Platinums: 109 + 2 ~> 111

100%: 123 + 2 ~> 125

Completion: 97.19% ~> 98..06% (+0.87%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 9 ~> 111

100%: 117 +8 ~> 125 (KH3 DLC took one 100% away)

Completion:  99.14% ~> 98.06% (-1.08%)

Sorry for the late reply. Which of those two games do you want to use with your skip?

On 2.5.2020 at 10:00 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

When did that new challenge for complete a game released in the last 6 months get added? If last month counts for it put me down for Persona 5 Royal for my first completion of that.

I added them for April onwards but forgot to add them to the main post until May. I added that challenge for you.

On 14.5.2020 at 6:13 PM, SyIaris said:

1Se5288a.png

:platinum: The Sims 4

Children and teens have to attend school, though it's the same as careers and you can just pick from a few settings (work hard, talk to friends, etc) and answer a few random pop-up dilemmas rather than actively participating.

-Different event

-Started this month

-Starts with first letter of PSN name? (depends if you count "the" or not)

Having actually played for all but two trophies, I wouldn't personally suggest this port - I ran into tons of lag/framerate drops, not to mention (mostly minor) glitches left and right. That said, I have two friends that play it with DLC that haven't had anywhere near as much trouble, so it may just be bad luck. Decent game overall, but a couple pieces of DLC would help liven it up, and it's probably better on PC if you have it as an option.

I would count The Sims for both "s" and "t". The "the" can be used or not however the person wants.

On 15.5.2020 at 11:11 PM, Hunter226037 said:

If I complete assassin's creed 3 remastered on Xbox will it count as 1 game or 2? Because on Xbox the lists are combined but on Playstation there are 2 separate lists for liberation and ac3.

I'm always going with the Playstation lists. If there are two then it counts as two games.

Despite that I can't remember there being a school in AC 3.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Okay I must say that I fail for this month1f613.png I was too greedy and pick Persona 4 Golden as my monthly game, but due to real-life work and to keep up with DFFOO I didn't have enough time to plat the game. I manage to beat the game but there's no way I'll get the platinum in time 1f602.png

That's at least a :silver: rank. Better than nothing.

48 minutes ago, Ashuri-B said:

It looks like I've failed this month once again. I'm going to try again last month, and I'm aware you only get three months of fails before you're moved to inactive, but I will try to defeat my attention demons this time! 

As long as you post here you won't get moved. It's only for people who don't post anything for three months.

• Like 1

So my game for May is Trails of Cold Steel, really great JRPG where you play as student of military academy, great characters, nice gameplay and interesting story with that damn cliiffhanger at the end

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - ABC of Unstarted Games
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. 
  • Complete a game that you started this month

I wanna join, starting with the June event! My current platinum count is 191, my current 100%ed games is 167, and my completion percentage is 54.77%. Also, if I'm playing a game now, on May 29th (I started it in 2015 and am cleaning it up), but I platinum it in June, could it count for the challenge?

2 hours ago, xLetsP1ayGod said:

I wanna join, starting with the June event! My current platinum count is 191, my current 100%ed games is 167, and my completion percentage is 54.77%. Also, if I'm playing a game now, on May 29th (I started it in 2015 and am cleaning it up), but I platinum it in June, could it count for the challenge?

As long as you have more than one trophy left besides the platinum trophy it counts for a monthly rank.

• Like 1

Got my monthly platinum for Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story, which fits the theme and hardcore (you're the principal of the school, you manage the students, etc). It doesn't fit for anything else.

Here's the platinum image:

1S5bd8dd.png

Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +21
100% completed: +23
Completion: +1.58%

Edited by eigen-space

I don't think I'll platinum another game before the end of the day...but I may get a few more trophies so I'll edit with my stats for the month tomorrow. I got two plats this month with one that I think qualifies for the HC. Beyond: Two Souls has Jodie going through CIA training (class) and is integral to the game. She also grows up in a research facility and is constantly testing her abilities. This game counts towards another event (Stay Home and #Platinumwithme), starts with the first letter of my PSN name, hits the HC and that about covers this entry. I enjoyed the story the first time around...could have done without the five or six replays of the end of the game to clean up the trophies...was a bit surprised at the platinum rarity considering how easy the game is...but after experiencing how tedious trophy cleanup is...I get it now. Other platinum game was Energy Balance. While it is a math puzzle game that would be pretty challenging without schooling...it doesn't involve anything with schools....instead you are a Cat spaceship trying to balance the energy in your ship to fly home. They probably could have done without trying to make it into a story...but whatever. It's actually fun if you don't use the program that solves it for you...but if you just want some easy trophies by all means use the program lol

On 17.5.2020 at 10:15 AM, Joa-Escherich said:

So i just completed my game for this month with plat in "South Park: The Fractured But Whole". 
There is a school in the game (South Park Elementary) that you have to visit several times. However, it doesn't count for HC in my book as the school isn't that important to the story, although you can't avoid it to complete the game. 

It does however count towards a game I started this month. 

I might start on "South Park: The Stick of Truth" but i doubt I will complete it in this month. 
It might count towards next month too though if we get "We Remember Them" as there are several factions fighting each other (not sure if it classefies as "war" though). 

So "South Park: The Fractured But Whole" where the only game i managed to complete (and plat) this month.
I am still on the fence about whether "South Park: The Stick of Truth" counts as a "war" for next month. Might have to give another game a look instead (maybe Battlefront 2 that we get from PS plus this month).
I won't be able to play PS4 today so might as well get my stats for May in early :)

Stat changes for May:

Platinum trophies: +1 (1 for this event)
100% completed: +1 (1 for this event)
Completion: + 0.16% 

Stat changes for the Year:

Platinum trophies: +8
100% completed: +8
Completion: +3.82%

My game for this month is Blue Reflection. It's set entirely at a hight school so definitly hardcore.

• Hardcore
  • Started this month

Next month's theme will be "We Remember Them"

"War, war never changes!" Or was it "War has changed!" No matter which one fits war means death.

For this month we need games in which a war is going on. A World War, a Civil War or any other war counts.

Examples: I actually can't think of any that wouldn't count for the hardcore.

No matter which slogan of the above counts for you we have to fight in our wars.

Any game that has you fight as a soldier or assailant in a war counts for the hardcore theme.

Examples: Most CoD and Battlefield games, Skyrim, Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops

Here are the reminder for those without a game for this month

@AmarisSkye, @Ampplaca, @Ashuri-B, @Gesyca, @Hunter226037, @MargulisValda, @MeanEdge89, @PermaFox, @Sanevin, @scarishbal, @starcrunch061, @The_Raltos, @vin_rob, @WDB_Chaotic, @ZachGM91

And with three months without a game:

@Fitzquaid

@Uchiha_Snake__ I'm not sure which of the trophies from Persona 4 Golden is for beating the story. From your trophy list is looks like there still is some stuff to do.

I used a skip I didn't have a game with the theme I wanted to play, actually I didn't want to play at all, I'm very moody, I did play a little on my steam account just some fillers. I just picked a very short game to complete: Adam's Venture: Origins. However using this month as a step back was healthy somehow.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 35 (+1) / all year (+4);
  100% completed: this month 46 (+1) / all year (+4);
  Completion: 52.09 this month (0.48%) / this year (0,40%).