Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

I'm gonna do a clean up game, Ride to Hell Retribution. I played it a few years back but never platinumed it. Jake was in Vietnam, and Vietnam is still going on in the game, but you don't actually do any missions in Vietnam.

Also, sometime down the line, can we do an event similar to best of the worst, but it straight up has to be like under 30 lmao, so only pure shit games

Edited by xLetsP1ayGod
Added more

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@Uchiha_Snake__ I'm not sure which of the trophies from Persona 4 Golden is for beating the story. From your trophy list is looks like there still is some stuff to do.

@MarkusT1992

Spoiler

The game can end at various points depending on the choices that you make.  The Bad ending stops after The Return of the Angels, The Accomplice Ending ends after breaking through the fog, and the true ending is from The Truth In Your Hands. 

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It’s a skip for me, too (my first since starting this event).

Which of your completed games do you want to use for your skip?

10 hours ago, xLetsP1ayGod said:

I'm gonna do a clean up game, Ride to Hell Retribution. I played it a few years back but never platinumed it. Jake was in Vietnam, and Vietnam is still going on in the game, but you don't actually do any missions in Vietnam.

Also, sometime down the line, can we do an event similar to best of the worst, but it straight up has to be like under 30 lmao, so only pure shit games

All the possible themes for the year are already set. You can look them up in the main post. The only way it could happen is during the last random month, where every participant can suggest a theme for the month.

1 hour ago, Together_Comic said:

@MarkusT1992

Reveal hidden contents

The game can end at various points depending on the choices that you make.  The Bad ending stops after The Return of the Angels, The Accomplice Ending ends after breaking through the fog, and the true ending is from The Truth In Your Hands. 

Thanks for clarification. I never finished the game when I played it on the PS2.

Was going to edit my previous post, but figured it'd get missed.

Month End Stats:

Platinums: 111 + 2 ~> 113

100%: 125 + 2 ~> 127

Completion: 98.06% ~> 98.12% (+0.06%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 11 ~> 113

100%: 117 + 10 ~> 127 (KH3 DLC took one 100% away)

Completion:  99.14% ~> 98.12% (-1.02%)

So any completed game in may will work? Then let’s go with Akiba’s Strip. No school, but there are kids.

Also, I think I have this month already. I give you GRAND KINGDOM. There is a large-scale war, though it’s been in a ceasefire for some time (stupid server closures).

Edited by starcrunch061

I completed 4 games in May for Xbox.

Spoiler

1.The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game-

Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Dojos have a serious position in the game)

Complete a game that you started this month

2.Slender: The Arrival-

Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

3.LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4-

Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

4.Costume Quest 2-

Complete 4 games within one month.

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Hunter226037/gamecollection

Advanced issue found

On 1-6-2020 at 1:40 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Here are the reminder for those without a game for this month@vin_rob

Sorry again for doing this so late... I'll try and better my life lol.

But I Finished Persona 5 Royal that should fit the school hardcore theme. 

Other challenges it would count for as well:

• Complete a game that you started this month
  • Complete a game that was released during the last 6 month

14 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So any completed game in may will work? Then let’s go with Akiba’s Strip. No school, but there are kids.

Also, I think I have this month already. I give you GRAND KINGDOM. There is a large-scale war, though it’s been in a ceasefire for some time (stupid server closures).

When you use a skip you can use any game completed in that month even when it doesn't fit the theme.

• Like 1

not 100% sure if any of the games i finished last month fit the theme but i believe Nioh fits as there is a dojo with training missions that once beaten unlock new skills that can be learned

nioh

• Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

I've been lazy with this thread recently: it's time to get caught up!

Plat #1 for this month: Grand Kingdom

• hardcore: while I couldn't participate in the war this month when I completed it, I certainly participated in the past.
  • first trophy almost two years ago

Current stats:

Plats: 387 (+21)

100% completed: 473 (+26)

completion%: 83.83% (+.1%)

Edited by starcrunch061

On 31/05/2020 at 9:10 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Here are the reminder for those without a game for this month

@Ashuri-B

As I expected, I didn't finish a platinum this month. I'm working on a couple of shorter platinums now, though, so I'm hoping to be on track again this month! Thanks! 

I am SO very sorry for not updating in like 2 months. I just really hadn't felt like playing anything at all for a majority of that time. I still play a game for each of those months so here you go.

April - Darksiders

• Complete a 10 year old game: January 5, 2010

May- LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4: The entire game is centered around LEGO Hogwarts

Updated stats

Platinum trophies: 94 (+12)
100% completed: 117 (+16)
Completion: 92.54% (+0.72%)

I beat my June game! I chose Ride To Hell Retribution, which fits into the HC challenge, since Jake was in the Vietnam war right before the game starts, right?

This was my first month, but since my post announcing that I'm joining, this is how much my stats have changed:

Platinums: +2 so I'm at 193

100% Games: Still 167, as my last 2 games had DLC I ignored

Completion Rate: went up +.17, its now 54.94

First time ever me updating before it ends and I also finished a DLC challenge for the first time. ?

1S89f1d1.png LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month;
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game;
  • Complete a game that you started this month.

@MarkusT1992-- question about a game I played this month, not really sure if it counts for the theme. In Gravity Rush, Hecksville's military is fighting against Nevi and even creates special sections of the military and top-secret military weapons to handle the Nevi invasion. I'm not sure if this counts as a war, though. Thoughts?

June game for me is Onimusha: Warlords.

Story takes place during Sengoku period, when Nobunaga started his war campaign to unify Japan. It's pretty good remaster, even if I hate static camera, I kinda enjoyed it. It's quite short and easy (even Oni minigame is piece of cake with guide) so I recommend it.
Challenges are:

• Complete a 10 year old game.
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - ABC of Unstarted Games
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month - we are fighting agains Nobunaga forces and demons, which are collaborating with Nobunaga Oda.

On 14.6.2020 at 7:43 AM, eigen-space said:

@MarkusT1992-- question about a game I played this month, not really sure if it counts for the theme. In Gravity Rush, Hecksville's military is fighting against Nevi and even creates special sections of the military and top-secret military weapons to handle the Nevi invasion. I'm not sure if this counts as a war, though. Thoughts?

Since I haven't played that game I can only judge on what you wrote. An invasion could be seen as an act of war which would make the game count.

• Like 1