Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

@MarkusT1992: For August, I give you...Kotodama! Without spoiling the game, the mysteries of Kotodama include two crimes. You do not play as the criminal, however. This game was also started and completed this month.

Also, I don't think I ever said what plat I would use for July (my second skip), but it is Duck Souls.

Got the plat in Blasphemous. Should count as HC. I found the soundtrack on sale online and I did see there is a vinyl album pack available. Well it wasn't available for purchase but it exists. Seems to have been a limited run. Hope the point wasn't to actually obtain the vinyl because I have no intention of doing that. :awesome:

Other than HC the game didn't qualify for any other challenge.

• Like 1

@MarkusT1992 - sorry for not getting my August games in sooner. My dad had an emergency surgery at the end of August and I was out of town taking care of him for the past week and a half. Here are my August games and updated stats:

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter :platinum: [kidnapping, murder, theft, blackmail]

√Letter :platinum: [stalking, attempted assault & in one of the story lines, arson]

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Vita) :platinum: [theft, breaking & entering, and resisting arrest]

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Original PS2 Release was September 23, 2002)
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. [Sly commits all crimes listed]
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness :platinum: [blackmail, kidnapping, assault, biochemical terrorism]

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0)
  • Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. [see spoiler cut below for how it fits HC requirements]
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard :platinum: [assault, murder, kidnapping]

Spoiler

Psycho-Pass HC Qualification: In the dystopian future in which the game is set the Sybil System is a computer system that determines someone's propensity to commit crimes. There are endings you can get where you choose to disobey Sybil and then live life on the run with your partner and AI "son" (who has committed the bulk of the crimes in the game) or allow your partner to take your AI "son" on run. In this way, you as the playable character, are committing a crime in the game by escaping with and hiding a fugitive.

AUGUST STATS UPDATE

Platinum trophies: 65 (+9 for the month/+20 for the year)
100% completed: 81 (+9 for the month/+23 for the year)
Completion: 41.04% (+1.85% for the month/+4.83% for the year)

Edited by AmarisSkye

• 2 weeks later...

Got the plats in Megaman X Legacy Collection 1 & 2. Obviously I'd expect that to count as 2 'games' not 8. Though I'd say both collections count as 10+ yrs old based off the age of the games they contain and started both this month. Should count as HC, here's a link to a vinyl album attributed to "Capcom Sound Team". Seems legit.

1S83ea9a.png

:platinum:The Escapists 2

Seems to have a soundtrack via the artist on Spotify

-All DLC

-Started this month

That's a rather boring platinum image, considering the rest are fairly interesting.

Played through most of it with a friend and found it pretty enjoyable - does get dull/repetitive if you binge it. You're a prisoner required to attend a long list of daily objectives (though just popping in and back out counts), checking for unused rooms and items to use for crafting in between. A number of items are banned, and "metal" detectors or dogs can set off an alarm if you're holding them... which is irrelevant if you're in the middle of a massive fight anyway.

Multiplayer is required, but otherwise it's an easy UR.

And for the theme, I was partial to the Dungeons & Duct Tape tracks. Big Top Breakout, on the other hand, made me mute the game.

September Update

Game #1 1S1ef45d.png Bioshock Remastered Counts for HC, Another event and started this month.

Game #2 1S308701.png Dishonored (PS3) Counts for HC, Another event, same first letter as my PSN name, and last trophy over a year ago.

Game #3 Vampyr Counts for HC, started this month, and another event.

Game #4 Minecraft Counts for HC, another event, and 10 years or older game (if you count from original release in 2009).

One more month with 4 completed games, i'm on a roll.

I just did the main story of The Elder Scrolls Online for this month, that game is big and take quite a while, the trophy that is the one related is this one https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3610-the-elder-scrolls-online/12-the-god-of-schemes for reference. And it has a lot of songs on spotify as well so it counts for the theme, so this is probably a silver rank.

Anyway here's the stats:

Platinum trophies: this month 40 (+0) / all year (+9);
  100% completed: this month 51 (+0) / all year (+9);
  Completion: 51.61% this month (-0.7%) / this year (0,2%).

My games for this month are

Life is Strange 2

• Other event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Hardcore

Knee Deep

• Other event (GBN)
  • Started this month

Oxenfree

• Other event (GBN)
  • Hardcore
  • Started this month

Again one game short of the 4 in a month. I completed two more games but I can't find their soundtrack online.

Next month's theme will be "Knocking on the Fourth Wall"

Who's that behind the screen? Is that the player?

Every game that references the player or speaks to the player counts for this month.

Examples: Deadpool, Max Payne, Tearaway Unfolded

I got a new console. Let's play a game.

Any game that has a real gaming console in it counts for the hardcore.

Examples: I don't know any games for this and can't find any.

Here are the reminder for those without a game for September:

@AmarisSkye, @Briste, @Hisuiryu666, @Hunter226444, @Kevvik, @MeanEdge89, @Rello-Evante, @The_Raltos, @Together_Comic, @vin_rob, @WDB_Chaotic, @ZachGM91

The people with three months without a game:

@Ampplaca, @brejdak93, @Psy-Tychist, @scarishbal, @xLetsP1ayGod

22 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Would the Neptunia games where they have characters based off consoles count? I'd actually be surprised if Travis Touchdown didn't have a game console lying around his apartment in No More Heroes.

I thought about the Neptunia games but since there are no real consoles it's not quite what the requirement asks for.

The only games I know that have consoles in them are Pokemon games but those aren't available on Sony consoles. That's why I haven't mentioned them.

If anybody has examples let me know and I add them as examples in the main post.

I completed 7 games this month for Xbox

Spoiler

1. L.A. Noire-Xbox One

2. LIMBO

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Anything released before or within 2010 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games)
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

3.Quantum Break

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that you started this month

4. Yooka-Laylee

• Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

5.Life is Strange: Before The Storm

6.Life is Strange 2

7.A Plague Tale: Innocence

So to me, soundtrack on Vinyl means it is on a record, however I think CDs were acceptable. I finished four games in September:

Enter the Gungeon - In my top 3 favorite games of the year. Game was witty and fun and very challenging. My first rogue-lite game on my profile and was definitely a genre that I'll come back to. It also has a soundtrack that can be downloaded/streamed. https://music.apple.com/us/album/enter-the-gungeon-original-soundtrack/1113431896

Erica - Was a relatively quick and easy if not extremely repetitive 'choose your own adventure type'....nothing terribly memorable but it was free and decent enough....this has a soundtrack you can buy on actual Vinyl so color me surprised! https://blackscreenrecords.com/products/erica-original-soundtrack-by-austin-wintory

Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered - This was another game that ended up being pretty meh. I guess the fun part in the original was the MP side of the game...the best part I felt about it was the original cast doing the voices and writing the script...the voice acting from Murray wasn't particularly great, but the rest were decent enough. According to the Wikipedia page, the game uses the sound track from the original Ghostbusters movie....not sure if that counts or not...

Tearaway (vita) - This game was actually really clever and a fun little platformer to play. It had some challenging/frustrating parts (mostly due to bad camera angles) and was a nice surprise. You can actually buy this soundtrack on the PS Store. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PCSA00141_00-GTEARAWAYSOUND02

So if we're playing along at home, here are the challenges that qualify this month:

Complete a 10 year old game - Ghostbusters Remastered. Originally released in 2009

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. - All four were used in the Gaming By Numbers Event

Complete 4 games within one month - All four met the challenge if Ghostbusters is accepted

Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month - Erica was the only game that was on Vinyl and would count

Complete all currently released DLC of a game - Enter the Gungeon

Complete a game that you started this month - Ghostbusters, Erica and Tearaway

September Stats:

Platinums: 119 + 4 ~> 123

100%: 133 + 4 ~> 137

Completion: 98.77% ~> 97.85 (-0.92%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 21 ~> 123

100%: 117 + 20 ~> 137

Completion:  99.14% ~> 97.85% (-1.29%)