Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Righto. I started playing Titanfall 2 for this event but never got too far into it. It seems like a fun game but I just found myself consistently doing other things. I think that's a bronze for participation. Due to other commitments I don't see myself progressing far in this event (I haven't touched my PS4 in over a week), and I might as well be thrown in the inactive section. I might come back later in the year if things settle down, but I can't be too sure right now.

Cheers.

Oh my, before I start any games I should update this.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 32 (+1) / all year (+1);
  100% completed: this month 43 (+1) / all year (+1);
  Completion: 52.86% this month (+0.49%) / this year (+1,47%).

I got this idea for a theme and I don't know if it's huge enough, I know it's quite subjetive from one person to another and people may find things in game better than me or to know games that suit best the theme, well it's what I got for now, if needed some changes on phrasing or the rules it's ok, well the idea it's here, I hope people might like it.

Go†hic
- Play a game where one character/place/building it's goth
        Both South Park games has some goth characters, Raven from Teen Titans on Injustice, some people might argue for Batman but for me the 3 Arkham games it's more of the hardcore because of the whole setting, but if it's just him in any other game like the Lego or a fighting game then it goes here, and Assassin's Creed Unity has the Notre Dama cathedral, it's gothic architecture but I think this would expand to more games as this theme looks kind of restrictive
- Play a game that it's filled with gothic stuff
        Bloodborne, Darkest Dungeon, Castlevania, Vampyr, Hollow Knight, Batman Arkham series.

• Like 1

Here are my February Stat Changes:

Platinum trophies: 46 (+1 for the month/+1 for the year)
100% completed: 58 (+0 for the month/+0 for the year)
Completion: 36.64% (+0.33% for the month/+0.33% for the year)

Edited by AmarisSkye

13 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

And last but not least the reminder for those of you who haven't posted a game for this month.

@vin_rob

Sorry, I planned to send an update yesterday, but I've had company in the morning and for the rest of the day I played Dungeons and Dragons..

But I've completed the story of Stealth inc. 

I started it this month not sure it would count for the 

• Complete a game that you started this month

I did complete the story, for a game I started the month.. but it's not platina or 100%... 

I got the platinum in: 

Valkyria Revolution

would count for the:

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago. (2 years also good? lol) 

Detroit: become human

Would count for the:

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

Sorry, and thanks for the reminder - for some reason I thought I'd already posted.

Just to point out, there's a typo in the challenges section - " Anything released before or within 20010 " makes everything eligible.  :P

1Sb77b40.png

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

-Counts towards a different event

-Hardcore (play some bits as Ratchet)

-Started this month

19 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Righto. I started playing Titanfall 2 for this event but never got too far into it. It seems like a fun game but I just found myself consistently doing other things. I think that's a bronze for participation. Due to other commitments I don't see myself progressing far in this event (I haven't touched my PS4 in over a week), and I might as well be thrown in the inactive section. I might come back later in the year if things settle down, but I can't be too sure right now.

Cheers.

Moved you to inactive. You can come back anytime you want.

15 hours ago, Gesyca said:

Oh my, before I start any games I should update this.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 32 (+1) / all year (+1);
  100% completed: this month 43 (+1) / all year (+1);
  Completion: 52.86% this month (+0.49%) / this year (+1,47%).

I got this idea for a theme and I don't know if it's huge enough, I know it's quite subjetive from one person to another and people may find things in game better than me or to know games that suit best the theme, well it's what I got for now, if needed some changes on phrasing or the rules it's ok, well the idea it's here, I hope people might like it.

Go†hic
- Play a game where one character/place/building it's goth
        Both South Park games has some goth characters, Raven from Teen Titans on Injustice, some people might argue for Batman but for me the 3 Arkham games it's more of the hardcore because of the whole setting, but if it's just him in any other game like the Lego or a fighting game then it goes here, and Assassin's Creed Unity has the Notre Dama cathedral, it's gothic architecture but I think this would expand to more games as this theme looks kind of restrictive
- Play a game that it's filled with gothic stuff
        Bloodborne, Darkest Dungeon, Castlevania, Vampyr, Hollow Knight, Batman Arkham series.

You provided some games for the theme so it should be good already. There are probably many more games that would fit.

5 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Sorry, I planned to send an update yesterday, but I've had company in the morning and for the rest of the day I played Dungeons and Dragons..

But I've completed the story of Stealth inc. 

I started it this month not sure it would count for the 

• Complete a game that you started this month

I did complete the story, for a game I started the month.. but it's not platina or 100%...

Challenges only count for :gold: and :platinum: ranks.

1 hour ago, SyIaris said:

Sorry, and thanks for the reminder - for some reason I thought I'd already posted.

Just to point out, there's a typo in the challenges section - " Anything released before or within 20010 " makes everything eligible.  :P

1Sb77b40.png

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

-Counts towards a different event

-Hardcore (play some bits as Ratchet)

-Started this month

I never noticed that typo. It was in the FAQ section as well but both are fixed now. I think I just deleted the 9 and added a 10 when I made the post for this year, not realising that I should delete one of the 0s :facepalm:

Thanks for spotting that.

Updated the thread as well.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

On 12.2.2020 at 7:40 PM, Joa-Escherich said:

So i have complete this months challenge with a platinum in "Ben10"! 
You fight robots (including a boss) in 2 of the 6 levels in the game. 

This game counts towards no challenges for me however.

I am also working on "Horizon Zero Dawn" for this month but sadly i doubt i will have the time to finish that game up, so atleast glad i got a easy game out of the way to ensure platinum-rank for this month too :)

First of all, sorry for the late "final update" on February for me. Had to work all weekend and didn't want to use anymore time infront of the pc when i where done..

So my assumption about "Horizon Zero Dawn" proved correct and i where no where near to finish the game. However, i am sure i will manage at some point, since i really enjoy the game. 

Stats for February month:
Platinum trophies: +2 (1 for this event)
100% completed: +2 (1 for this event)
Completion: +0.22%

Just the two games this month for me...Indigo Prophecy and Rocketbirds 2: Evolution. I did forget to include that Indigo is a game over 10 years old and qualifies for that challenge in my original post so I apologize for that!

Final Stats for February:

Platinums: 104 + 2 ~> 106

100%: 118 + 2 ~> 120 

Completion: 98.02% ~> 98.18% (+0.16%)

Year to Date:

Platinums: 102 + 4 ~> 106

100%: 117 +3 ~> 120 (KH3 DLC took one 100% away)

Completion:  99.14 ~> 98.18 (-0.96%)

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

@MarkusT1992 does aliens count as monsters? I have Destroy All Humans! On my backlog, if so, it may also fit the hardcore requirement.

I would say it depends on the alien. I wouldn't say all aliens are monsters. The more human like aliens are too far off from a monster in my opinion, but I'm open for more input on that matter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say it depends on the alien. I wouldn't say all aliens are monsters. The more human like aliens are too far off from a monster in my opinion, but I'm open for more input on that matter.

Ok, and what about the DLCs from Final Fantasy XV? Could they (all DLCs except Comrades) fit the month's theme instead of getting another platinum trophy?

9 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Ok, and what about the DLCs from Final Fantasy XV? Could they (all DLCs except Comrades) fit the month's theme instead of getting another platinum trophy?

DLC completion can't be counted for a monthly rank. You only can get the DLC challenge that way.

I'll probably count Destroy all Humans shouldn't you have any other game that fits.

I finished Claire which counts for this month. It's a horror like game that has a monster that follows you.

• Counts for another event (New Years Resolution)

Since there is only one theme suggestion for next month so far I might have to delay the poll a few days or you get your suggestions in in the next few days.

Also updated the thread.

So i have completed this month them with "The Wolf Among Us" from Telltale games. 
Since you play as "The Big Bad Wolf" from the stories, and mainly seem like a Warewolf when you are in fights in this game, it counts for the Hardcore theme for the month.

This also counts for the challenge: "Complete a game you started this month".

Edited by Joa-Escherich

Possible Theme for Next Month

Puzzle Games: games with puzzles as a key component (examples The Witness, Tetris, Mini Metro, Manifold Garden, Lumines, Echochrome)

Hardcore: puzzle games with a story (examples Catherine, Braid, The Talos Principle, Portal, The Turing Test, Myst, Swapper, Quantum Conundrum etc)

I'm going to finally make a push for my two final trophies in Monster Hunter World this month. While I know two trophies to a platinum doesn't seem like a lot to push for, my god I have been gunning for this platinum for so long, the trophies are those darn "Get a mini crown and a large crown for almost every monster" trophies and are all RNG based. So I am about to go cut a swathe through certain monsters' populations until I find some really big and really small ones! Wish me luck!