Monthly Madness 2020 - It can't end like that... - Sign ups open all year

Wasn't sure if I'd have anything for this month since Battleborn is being so problematic but I managed to crank out the plat for Star Wars Battlefront yesterday! It should certainly count as the Jedi characters you can play as have telekinetic abilities and the emperor you can also play as can shoot lightening. Everyone else just shoots laser guns.

HC: While I didn't know whether there were any Star Wars comics a quick web search confirmed that of course there have been some published comic adaptations so I guess this would count. WikiLink.

Whether I can get all the DLC trophies this month depends on whether I can find a lobby to get the last 3 Infiltration mode wins I need for the last DLC trophy tonight. :unsure:

File this under extremely last minute, but I just finished the story of Spider-Man for January. 

At the start I was thorough with side activities but I completely ran out of time for the month, so the last act was pretty brisk!  The gameplay is fun enough that I definitely plan to go back and tie up loose ends.

39 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

File this under extremely last minute, but I just finished the story of Spider-Man for January. 

At the start I was thorough with side activities but I completely ran out of time for the month, so the last act was pretty brisk!  The gameplay is fun enough that I definitely plan to go back and tie up loose ends.

Congrats with finishing this game just on time lol! 

Next month's theme will be "Robotic Life"

Robots are everywhere around us. The can help us or want us dead.

This month we are looking for those robots. Any game featuring them counts.

Examples: Horizon: Zero Dawn, Danganronpa V3, Ratchet & Clank

You like to be a robot yourselfe? Then the hardcore is for you.

For the hardcore part your player character has to be a robot.

Examples: Stealth Inc., Detroit: Become Human, Unmechanical: Extended

Androids, Cyborgs and that stuff also counts as a robot

As always you have 24h to complete any remaining games for January.

1 hour ago, Fitzquaid said:

You still can upgrade your rank if you can get the plat in the next 24h.

I'd like to join again!

My stats at the start of the year:

87 Platinums

119 100% Games

94.75% completion (this is current as calculating from start of the year is too hard lol)

For January I've completed two games that I think count:

Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Rean has special "demon" super powers)

Marvel's Spider-Man (self-explanatory)

Both count toward other event (New Year's Resolution), and Spider-Man counts for both HC and games started this month.

Icon for January and Games Started This Month: 1S4485b4.png

Icon for Other Event: 1Sae526e.png

End of Month Completion Stats:

87 --> 91 Platinums

119 --> 122 100% Games

94.75% --> 94.75% Completion

Edited by eigen-space

@MarkusT1992 Nothing superpowered for me this month.

Can I use a skip and put in place The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 199
100% completed: 302
Completion: 62.21%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: - 201 +2
100% completed: - 306  +4
Completion: - 62.48        +0.27%

Unfortunately, I got an illness, so I wasn't able to play, but I was able to finish the story of Batman: Arkham Asylum these last couple of days, well, this means I get a silver rank this month, right? I hope to play more specially because I was the one who said this month's theme last year, I remember it was based on a game I played, actually I don't even know the game to play yet, that's ok, I will figure it out.

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 31 (+) / all year (+);
  100% completed: this month 42 (+) / all year (+);
  Completion: 52.37% this month (+0.98%) / this year (+0,98%).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Whether I can get all the DLC trophies this month depends on whether I can find a lobby to get the last 3 Infiltration mode wins I need for the last DLC trophy tonight. :unsure:

Yay! Thanks to the Friday night Star Wars Battlefront server surge I was able to get into a lobby playing Scarif and was able to get my last 3 Infiltration wins and 100% of the DLC! :awesome:

Have to say, 9 pm on the last day of the month is cutting it a touch closer than I prefer.

1Scc7f43.png

:platinum: Batman: The Telltale Series

-Hardcore? Licensed, but there seem to be absolutely no superpowers involved in this one. One mutated guy appears to be it.

-Another event

-Started this month

Pretty solid story, threw in a few things I didn't see coming. Not sure if it's based on a particular alternate Batman or unique for this, but it's nice to see some differences for a change - superhero origin stories can get so repetitive. Interesting tweaks to the villains, too.

Meant to try and 100% some of the Spider-Man games floating around on my profile, or the Batman title I started ages ago and never did much in, but... eh, gaming wasn't terribly cooperative the last few weeks. Was more interested in reading when I had free time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

@MarkusT1992 I plan on doing Titanfall 2. Would playing as a robot via piloting it count toward the HC or not? It doesn't really bother me if not, I'm just curious.

I thought about mechs for this theme and would say they count as well. They are basically a kind of robot that a human can enter.

8 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Have to say, 9 pm on the last day of the month is cutting it a touch closer than I prefer.

1Scc7f43.png

:platinum: Batman: The Telltale Series

-Hardcore? Licensed, but there seem to be absolutely no superpowers involved in this one. One mutated guy appears to be it.

-Another event

-Started this month

Pretty solid story, threw in a few things I didn't see coming. Not sure if it's based on a particular alternate Batman or unique for this, but it's nice to see some differences for a change - superhero origin stories can get so repetitive. Interesting tweaks to the villains, too.

Meant to try and 100% some of the Spider-Man games floating around on my profile, or the Batman title I started ages ago and never did much in, but... eh, gaming wasn't terribly cooperative the last few weeks. Was more interested in reading when I had free time.

I think Telltale took a new approach to Batman with their games. I never read any Batman comics thought.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You still can upgrade your rank if you can get the plat in the next 24h.

Thanks for the suggestion - good idea, but I've got way too many Bases and Taskmaster challenges left, I don't fancy my chances in 24 hours.

To make up for being super last minute in January, I finished a plat today that I think might fit for February - AI: The Somnium Files.  Aiba is an AI-slash-artificial eyeball who can leave the main character's head and walk around in a tiny weird jelly-robot body.  Not exactly a conventional robot game, so I can find something else if that doesn't work for the theme.

*eyes post from 17 hours ago that says I have 24 hours to finish my game* ... that's 6 hours. ON I GO. I've completed the story for my game but I'm giong to push for the platinum right now! I'll update again in six hours to let you know if I manage to complete it in time or if I just get the story completion for this month.

EDIT: With only one hour left in the official "time to finish up", I won't get my platinum in time. I will be finishing it this evening (it's afternoon here now) but I understand that it won't count to the January platinum rank. I didn't get to finish it before now due to work circumstances but I'll be danged if I don't finish it anyway xD

However, I did manage to get Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes' story done. 

(I'm unsure if challenges count since I didn't manage to get the plat in time, but if they do, this also counts as a Hardcore, a Game that Counts Toward a different PSNP event (New Years Resolution), Complete a Game That you Started This Month). 

Double Edit: Stats unchanged for January other than Completion rate which is now 26.30%

And finally: A question - since I failed to Platinum Lego Batman in January, can it count towards February's Platinum? There are multiple playable robot characters within the game, as well as robot enemies. I have as of right now (1:42 AM in my time zone on the 2nd) still have 9 trophies to go in the game. 

Edited by Ashuri-B

I completed 3 games in January.

Xbox:

1.BATMAN – The Telltale Series

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/BATMAN--The-Telltale-Series/achievements?gamerid=382651

challenges-

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Playstation:

2.LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Vita)

• Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

3.LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita)

https://www.(URL not allowed)/gamer/Hunter226037/gamecollection

Edited by Hunter226037

I've been very distracted with Path of Exile and wasn't terribly productive in January...made good headway in PoE but not much else. I did finish The Order: 1886 which I think would count for the theme. The Knights have eternal life...unless they're killed...but they are hundreds of years old so to me that's a super power. Doesn't qualify for the HC though. I also beat Rocketbirds and while Hardboiled is a cross between the Rocketeer and Rambo....he isn't really a super hero.

The Order: 1886 - Counts towards another event (New Years Resolution); Started this month

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - Counts towards another event (New Years Resolution); Started this month

Final Stats for January:

Platinums: 102 + 2 ~> 104

100%: 117 + 1 ~> 118 (KH3 DLC made me lose one 100%)

Completion: 99.14% - 1.12 ~> 98.02%

• Like 1

Ok, end month stats...

I think I'll count two games for this.  LEGO DC Super Villains goes without saying with the HC as I previously noted.  However, since the theme for Jan considered supernatural, I'll add Hyperdimension Neptunia re;Birth1 (no HC though).  Open to rejection if necessary.   I didn't finish the DLC for DC Super Villains until today so that challenge remains undone.

4 Goddesses Online I wouldn't count as they are not the supernatural goddesses themselves in the game but avatars in an MMORPG.  Shenmue and Shenmue II don't reflect the theme.  Neither does Queen's Quest 3 or Inferno 2.

Jan:

Plats: +7

100%: +6

Completion Rate: +0.42%

Event: 

Plats: 190 (+7 for the event)

100%: 248 (+6 for the event)

Completion Rate: 84.19% (+0.42% for the event)

We'll see what I can come up with for playing as a robot. I've still got to finish Ratchet & Clank Into the Nexus so I'll probably go with that.

On 3.1.2020 at 10:03 PM, Joa-Escherich said:

I have completed the theme of the month with "Life is Strange". Not the HC theme though.
I have also completed the challenge for "Complete a game you started this month" as i gained my first trophy on January 2th 2020. 
My profile is updated for proof :)
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3313-life-is-strange/Joa-Escherich

So i ended upo also platting "Goat Simulator" in January (but not get all DLC). However, i feel like it's a stretch to add it to the Theme for January, although you could consider that some of the unlocked skins have powers like levitating, summoning other goats and stuff like that. 
However, if it does count, it also counts towards "Complete a game you startet this month" again.

End of the month stat changes:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 41 --> 43
100% completed: 35 --> 37
Completion: 39.46% --> 41,74%

My first game for the month is Gal*Gunvolt Burst - A game where one of the playable characters is a robot and most of the bosses and enemies are robots.

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement: I'm unfamiliar with Gunvolt, so I'm not sure what he is or what his fairy friend is, but Beck's opening specifically calls him and the other Mighty Numbers robots.

On 1.2.2020 at 5:32 PM, Fitzquaid said:

Thanks for the suggestion - good idea, but I've got way too many Bases and Taskmaster challenges left, I don't fancy my chances in 24 hours.

To make up for being super last minute in January, I finished a plat today that I think might fit for February - AI: The Somnium Files.  Aiba is an AI-slash-artificial eyeball who can leave the main character's head and walk around in a tiny weird jelly-robot body.  Not exactly a conventional robot game, so I can find something else if that doesn't work for the theme.

As long as it's a robot it counts.

On 1.2.2020 at 5:37 PM, Ashuri-B said:

*eyes post from 17 hours ago that says I have 24 hours to finish my game* ... that's 6 hours. ON I GO. I've completed the story for my game but I'm giong to push for the platinum right now! I'll update again in six hours to let you know if I manage to complete it in time or if I just get the story completion for this month.

EDIT: With only one hour left in the official "time to finish up", I won't get my platinum in time. I will be finishing it this evening (it's afternoon here now) but I understand that it won't count to the January platinum rank. I didn't get to finish it before now due to work circumstances but I'll be danged if I don't finish it anyway xD

However, I did manage to get Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes' story done. 

(I'm unsure if challenges count since I didn't manage to get the plat in time, but if they do, this also counts as a Hardcore, a Game that Counts Toward a different PSNP event (New Years Resolution), Complete a Game That you Started This Month). 

Double Edit: Stats unchanged for January other than Completion rate which is now 26.30%

And finally: A question - since I failed to Platinum Lego Batman in January, can it count towards February's Platinum? There are multiple playable robot characters within the game, as well as robot enemies. I have as of right now (1:42 AM in my time zone on the 2nd) still have 9 trophies to go in the game. 

You have two options now. Since you finished LEGO Batman on the 2nd I would count it for January if you want. But you also can get the silver rank for January and use it for a platinum rank in February. That also should answer your question: You can use a game you got a silver rank for for a later month to get a gold or platinum rank.

On 2.2.2020 at 5:00 AM, Briste said:

I've been very distracted with Path of Exile and wasn't terribly productive in January...made good headway in PoE but not much else. I did finish The Order: 1886 which I think would count for the theme. The Knights have eternal life...unless they're killed...but they are hundreds of years old so to me that's a super power. Doesn't qualify for the HC though. I also beat Rocketbirds and while Hardboiled is a cross between the Rocketeer and Rambo....he isn't really a super hero.

The Order: 1886 - Counts towards another event (New Years Resolution); Started this month

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - Counts towards another event (New Years Resolution); Started this month

Final Stats for January:

Platinums: 102 + 2 ~> 104

100%: 117 + 1 ~> 118 (KH3 DLC made me lose one 100%)

Completion: 99.14% - 1.12 ~> 98.02%

I think that The Order doesn't fit. It's true that the members of the order live longer than normal people but it's because of the blackwater they use. Using a potion isn't exactly a super power.

And since I forgot to remind those of you who didn't post a game for January I'll do it now:

@AmarisSkye, @BlackSquirrell1, @Lojtana, @Rafi_004, @Together_Comic, @Violino, @XX_FTW

Finally, everything up to this post is update.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You have two options now. Since you finished LEGO Batman on the 2nd I would count it for January if you want. But you also can get the silver rank for January and use it for a platinum rank in February. That also should answer your question: You can use a game you got a silver rank for for a later month to get a gold or platinum rank.

I would like to count Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for January as the platinum if possible then! (Which would then activate the extra challenges,  Hardcore, a Game that Counts Toward a different PSNP event (New Years Resolution), Complete a Game That you Started This Month) 

The reason I'm choosing this is because I've just finished the story of Detroit: Become Human last night and plan to be platinuming it next weekend :)  Thank you! 

• Like 1