Your 2019 favorite game

skinner49

I've not played many games this year, but out of the few I have I would have to say 'Sea of Solitude'. I know it's not a very popular opinion but I really loved that in the game you play as this broken human being that has to deal with the stages of depression with Denial, self hatred, regret and finally acceptance, it did it very well with the story that didn't and out welcome its stay its message without being pretentious.

I do however think the voice work of the girl you played was pretty trash and unfitting with what the game context is about.

• Like 1

There are 2 games that released this year which really stood out to me: Death Stranding & Resident Evil 2 (2019).

I had no expectations going into Death Stranding. I'm not one to really "get hyped" about video games, even more so when it came to Death Stranding since I understood so little about what the game actually was before release, but I put my doubts aside and jumped into the game at launch because I was curious about it and I've greatly enjoyed many of Kojima's previous games. What I found was a game truly unlinke anything I've ever played before. The visuals, story, characters, music, and even gameplay are all top notch as far as I'm concerned. Some really great moments, both scripted and non-scripted. I loved every minute I spent with the game.

As for Resident Evil 2 (2019), around the time it came out, I had recently played Resident Evil 7 and I didn't enjoy it very much. I was incredibly sceptical of Capcom's decision to move away from the fixed camera angles of the original game, but I quickly changed my tune once I actually started playing it. Encountering Mr. X for the first time has to be my highlight of the year. He's bloody terrifying! :lol: RE2 is without a doubt one of the finest survival horror games I've ever played and I greatly look forward to RE3 next year.

It's very difficult to pick my favourite out of those two, but at a push, I'd probably go with Death Stranding just because of how unique it is. I don't know if we'll ever see another game like Death Stranding again unless Kojima decides to make a sequel.

I also have to give shout-outs to both Catherine: Full Body & The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III for being some more excellent games I've enjoyed this year. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice would probably be one of my favourites this year too, but I dropped it early on once I decided to make it my 300th platinum. I'll be going back to that near the start of 2020.

• Like 2

I’m having a hard time of choosing between Resident Evil 2 (2019) and Devil May Cry 5. Both are my absolute favorite games released on 2019. 

But if I really have to choose then it’s; Devil May Cry 5, because it has a brand new story for the series instead of being a remake. One of best hack and slash games of all time!!!

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

Reason: I grew up in the 90's, with PlayStation being the first console i played and the first game i've played was Crash Bandicoot (demo). I spent many hours on Crash games, including the original CTR. When N. Sane Trilogy first came out, it was only a matter of time till a remastered version of CTR would come. And so it happened. Reliving one of the most important games from my childhood can't get better than this. Plus, with new content being added montly, how can i say anything but yes for that.

Honorable mentions:

Control

Death end re;Quest

Fire Emblem: Three Houses*

* I own it, but haven't started playing it yet. I've seen some gameplay videos about it and it looks great. I can't wait till i get to play that.