[NA] Holiday Sale | Ends 1/16 8am PT

DEI2EK

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, kinda depends on whether you want to play the main games in order or not. The most logical step after playing the first, would be to play Mk2/Re;Birth 2, then Victory/Re;Birth 3, and finally VII/VIIR. The last two are the only main games on sale, though. And both are the fourth main entry, despite the name seeming like 7. :P Think it's supposed to read as Victory-II. VIIR follows the trend of rereleasing them with additional content, though this time on the same platform.

Any others that exist are spinoffs, and most have different gameplay. I haven't played Cyberdimension, but I believe it's a musou-type of game. 

Does story matter or if you jump around can you figure out what is going on?

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Does story matter or if you jump around can you figure out what is going on?

It's probably not a huge deal to play them out of order. Think they're all pretty self contained. If you decide to go that route, VIIR (while also having more content) has an easier and less obnoxious trophy list. Got rid of the RNG card collecting trophy. But it's also more, so your call. :P

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

It's probably not a huge deal to play them out of order. Think they're all pretty self contained. If you decide to go that route, VIIR (while also having more content) has an easier and less obnoxious trophy list. Got rid of the RNG card collecting trophy. But it's also more, so your call. :P

I ended up getting the first one and then realized the second list was the "better" list.

Oh well :P

• Like 1

I got interested in Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana about a month ago and was trying to get a physical copy, but it's stubbornly sticking at $50 or higher. With this current sale, the digital is at $30, but that's bit higher than what I'd prefer for a digital copy ($20 is my ideal price point). Plus even if I got it right now I likely won't be playing it for a while as there are few games in my backlog that I'm more interested in playing soon.

However according to psprices.com this game rarely goes on sale. So I'm debating whether I should grab it now, or skip it and wait for next sale.

On 12/28/2019 at 0:02 PM, Deceptrox said:

I grabbed Dex and Riddled Ex-Corpses after thinking it through. I'm interested in buying AC Odyssey Season Pass, but I'd have to add enough funds, however I'm sure if I wait 2 or 3 months, it will have a better discount.

Dex is a hidden gem. I played it last year, and I loved it. A short and sweet, cyberpunk action-RPG. :awesome:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, visighost said:

Fyi, Sony have just added a hundred games or so to the sale. A lot were in the recent Xmas sale, but there's a few new items of interest: The Banner Saga 3 and Doom VFR in my case...

Thank you. Can't wait to see what's new!! 

8 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Picked up Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force.  

$3 (for Plus subscribers) is an absolute steal for that. 

Only thing I really noticed was Super Neptunia RPG. But this is the third sale on it since September, and each time it drops $5. :hmm: It's also only cheaper this time with a Plus discount, though. Would make the subscription at least worth something, since the "free" games are doing nothing for me to start the year. I did already buy and save on Cyberdimension, though. Decisions, decisions..

• Like 2

i'm going to spend a bit extra for the week:

The Walking Dead: The TellTale Definitive series (ps4) super long game despite it being very easy

valkyria chronicles 4 (ps4) 

The Liar Princess And The Blind Prince (ps4) i like puzzle platformers

The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk (ps4)

some fresh games when i get done with driveclub (still salvaging what i can).

• Like 1