Top 10 Games of the Decade

Venocide

Nice list, Venocide! Plenty of games from this decade still in the backlog, but so far:

10. The Last of Us

9. Persona 3 Portable

8. 999

7. Fire Emblem: Awakening

6. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

3. Persona 5

2. Red Dead Redemption

1. Persona 4 Golden

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 3

There has been lots of great games in 2010's. Hard to choose just 10 games, but I try.

1. The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth

2. The Last of Us

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

4. XCOM 2

5. Fallout: New Vegas

6. Red Dead Redemption

7. The Walking Dead (season 1)

8. Enter The Gungeon

9. Life Is Strange

10. The Outer Worlds

Something like that.

Edit: I forgot Uncharted 2 was older.

Edited by Juzota

I'll list my personal GOTY for the last decade instead.

2010 - NieR

2011 - Radiant Historia

2012 - Persona 4 Golden

2013 - The Last of Us

2014 - Danganronpa

2015 - The Witcher 3

2016 - Dark Souls III

2017 - Persona 5

2018 - Dragon Quest XI

2019 - Sekiro

And NieR is my absolute favorite game from that list for me.

Edited by ryoonz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

Well, 2020 is almost over, thought it would be nice to see everyone's top 10 games of the last decade. This was a struggle, since so many good games have released over the last 10 years but I think I'm happy with my list. 

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. Bloodborne

3. Final Fantasy XIV

4. Persona 5

5. NieR:Automata

6. The Last of Us

7. Dark Souls III

8. Xenoblade Chronicles

9. Sonic Mania

10. Super Mario Galaxy 2

how is 2020 almost over if it  hasn't even started ?  decent list btw

• Like 1

Looking back what a wonderful decade of gaming. My picks are.....

1. Gta 5 - masterpiece

2. God of war - best reboot of the decade

3. Ac origins - shows what they can do after so many bad attempts

4. Astro bot vr - WOW what an experience this was

5. Days gone - underated at first but give it a chance and you will be rewarded

6. Blood and truth - same as number 4

7. Bioshock infinite - best ps3 game imo

8. Rayman legends - best platforming game of the generation (not including vr) and those musical levels ?

9. Spiderman - big risk but payed off massively

10. Overwatch - suberb multiplayer with friends

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 4

1. The Last of Us

2. Mass Effect 2

3. Portal 2

4. Persona 4 Golden
5. Bloodborne

6. Witcher 3

7. Dark Souls

8. Death Stranding

9. Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege

10. Deus Ex Human Revolution

So many great games from the past 10 years. Let’s hope to another great 10

Edited by KIERONOO
  • Like 2

1. Red Dead Redemption
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Grand Theft Auto V 
  4. Alien Isolation
  5. The Last Of Us
  6. Batman Arkham Knight
  7. Horizon Zero Dawn
  8. Portal 2
  9. Life Is Strange
  10. South Park The Stick Of Truth

Maybe those games for me. While some games were clearly outstanding, others were quite hard to be chosen for a top ten list. But basically I would name these.

• Like 1

In no particular order:

1. NieR: Automata

2. Persona 5

3. Devil May Cry 5

4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

5. Yakuza 0

6. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

7. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

8. Trails of Cold Steel

9. Death Stranding

10. L.A. Noire

There's probably a lot more I could have put on but that's all I can think of right now.

• Like 3

Here's my list ?

1. The Last of Us / Remastered

2. Resident Evil 2

3. Yakuza Zero

4. The Witcher 3

5. Bioshock Infinite

6. Horizon Zero Dawn

7. NieR: Automata

8. Marvel's Spider Man

9. God of War

10. Dishonored

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

Man, it’s hard to pick 10 games.

Picked one per franchise otherwise there would be multiple Tales of games.

And didn’t pick any Indies although I’ve played some very good ones.

In no particular order:

- The Last of Us Remastered

- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

- Dragon Quest XI

- Tales of Berseria

- NieR (The first one. Not the mediocre Automata)

- Yakuza 0

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- South Park: The Stick of Truth

- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

- Okami HD (Yeah I know it’s a game from 2006, but this game is so good)

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Tried to stick with 1 game per series otherwise it would've been filled with Uncharted & Mass Effect lol.

1. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
  2. Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Mass Effect 2
  4. Fallout 4
  5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  6. Marvel's Spider-Man
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. Assassin's Creed II
  9. Bioshock Infinite
  10. Dishonoured
  • Like 3

I've only start playing console in Q4 2015 so I've missed so many good games, but anyways here's my list in no particular order, although the first 3 are my all time favourites.

1. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt 
  2. Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  4. BloodBorne
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn
  6. The Last of Us
  7. Death Stranding
  8. God of War
  9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  10. Batman Arkham Knight  

Since I can only pick 10 games there is so many others like Dishonored, Resident Evil 2 Remake, HellBlade, Prey, MGSV: The Phantom Pain, AC Origins, The Wolf Among Us and the Metro saga that I feel worth mentioning. 

Edited by PhantomBlade19
  • Like 2

Strong list to start out with, OP.

1. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. ESPECIALLY Heavensward and Shadowbringers holy shit.

2. Bloodborne

3. NieR

4. Hollow Knight

5. Celeste

6. VA-11 Hall-A

7. The Last of Us

8. Super Meat Boy

9. OneShot

10. Gravity Rush 2

Special mentions to Gravity Rush and NieR:Automata for also being wonderful but not quite as good as their respective entries on this list. Also special mentions to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Persona 4:Golden which are *technically* pre-2010 games with more polish and content, so I skipped them.

• Like 3

Tough question! Ignore the numbers because after about 4 or 5 in, it's just splitting hairs. I may also forget a game and have to update later. Haha.

1. The Last of Us - Still my GoaT. I love the story, the apocalyptic world that's built, the survival aspects, the multiplayer, the characters... I could go on and on.

2. Fire Emblem Awakening - this might be my most played game of the decade. I beat it 7 times, and I just loved the characters so much and building a team from the ground up.

3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I can't remember the last time I went "Wow" like I did with this game. This game just really blew my mind.

4. Resident Evil 7 - Hands down the best VR game I've ever played. It's so different from ANYTHING I've ever played and gives you that true feeling of "Horror."

5. Nier Automata - I could flip this with Resident Evil 7, but the story really grabbed me. Route C was a rollercoaster and I still get goosebumps thinking about it. The combat is fun, and I found a lot of the side stuff built the magnificent lore even more.

6. Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Just pure fighting fun. I still need to practice though. :P

7. Bioshock infinite - I love this game, and I still need to grab the Bioshock collection on PS4 to relive one of my favorite FPS.

7. Journey - This is one of those games that I could go back and play over and over again with people and experience it again. I can still remember playing it for the first time and how magical it felt crossing the finish line with someone else!

8. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - Something about being able to catch every single Pokemon in one game and play with others online made this the ultimate Pokemon experience for me.

9. Persona 5 - I think this is probably one of the best turn-based games... Ever. I'll be real interested to see how Royal ends up.

10. Superhot VR - One of those games that I know I'll never get 100% on, but frankly, don't care. This game is just so much fun! :)

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

It is kinda easier to pick them out by year. The funny thing is, half of the list wasn't my GOTY at the time.

2010 Resonance of Fate  - Probably the most unique JRPG i've ever played. It's gameplay is so addictive that you just never get bored.

2011 Deus Ex Human Revolution - When I first saw the CGI trailer I already knew that this is my game.  And Adam Jensen sure delivered. I love immersive sims and what Deus Ex and Dishonored series brought to the table this decade. It is a shame that Square Enix are so greedy that Mankind Divided turned out the way it is. 

2012 Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward -  One of the best VITA games at the time. The whole plot and build-up for the next game is mind-blowing. The best thing Uchikoshi ever wrote. Again, it's a shame that Zero Time Dilemma couldn't deliver a satisfying conclusion. Nonetheless, VLR is probably one of the best puzzle- and plot-heavy games.  

2013 Muramasa Rebirth - I think this is the best that PS VITA has to offer. The art, the combat system, the wit. It is just so good that I wish PS5 had a backwards compatibility for VITA so more people could play the game. 

2014 Transistor - That OST, oh boy it's so good. Supergiant games are one of the best when it comes to audio/visual presentation of a game. A beautiful and touching story. Can't wait to play Hades.

2015 The Witcher 3 - I always chose Bloodborne when it comes to 2015, but recently the sheer scope of The Witcher 3 had started to grew on me. Noone has ever done the game of this size and quality simultaneously. Everything here fits so perfectly that I don't really anything to complain about. Do not forget the best DLCs that humanity ever saw. Heats of Stone is a really nice and touching story, while Blood and Wine is almost a new game altogether.

2016 Va-11 Hall-A - Every now and then your soul just wants to get somewhere comfy and cozy. There is such a place and it is a bar called Va-11 Hall-A. 

2017 Hollow Knight - The Masterpiece. In my opinion, it is the only game that not only stood up to Super Metroid but also gone far beyond.

2018 Marvel's Spider Man - As a fan of Spidey, I have always dreamed of this. The first great Spider-Man game since Spider-Man for PS1.  Yeah, there are a lot of flaws and it could be better in open world department, but it's flow is so good that I just wanted to web-swing and fight some more. 

2019 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Japanese setting soulsborne with a properly evolved combat system? Give me two.  

Game of the decade: Hollow Knight

Honorable mention: Prey, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Dishonored 2.

• Like 3