Could this be a free game for PS Plus?

8 minutes ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

I can see it, most likely the month before Hellblade 2 : Senua's Saga drops. It would be the perfect troll on the Sony Ponies

Except that Hellblade II is to be an Xbox exclusive, now that Ninja Theory has been acquired by Microsoft... As mentioned above, it would mean for Sony to directly fund its arch-rival and contribute promoting its exclusive game. I don’t see this happening.

Edited by Neef-GT5

5 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Except that Hellblade II is to be an Xbox exclusive, now that Ninja Theory has been acquired by Microsoft... As mentioned above, it would mean for Sony to directly fund its arch-rival and contribute promoting its exclusive game. I don’t see this happening.

I would say Nintendo is Sony's arch rival but MS is a rival nonetheless

1 hour ago, skateak said:

Probably not at this point. I don't see Sony giving a Microsoft owned studio money for the previous game when the sequel won't be on PS5. Unless they retained the IP when MS bought them but I doubt it. Remedy just finally bought Alan Wake back after all these years. 

^ This basically. I was also always thinking this could come to PS+, but since Mircosoft owned the developer now this is likely not going to happen.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 21/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, skateak said:

I would say Nintendo is Sony's arch rival but MS is a rival nonetheless

How? Yes Nintendo contrary to MS has comparable sales but they don’t compete in the same space at all. Most gamers who have a switch or a PS4 would (if they don’t have it already) consider buying the other because they’re so different. I would never consider buying an Xbox because there’d be no point, it’s the same games minus the exclusives. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lovenewton said:

How? Yes Nintendo contrary to MS has comparable sales but they don’t compete in the same space at all. Most gamers who have a switch or a PS4 would (if they don’t have it already) consider buying the other because they’re so different. I would never consider buying an Xbox because there’d be no point, it’s the same games minus the exclusives. 

Ever pay attention to global and  regional sales, not just what you would buy or think other people would buy?
Nintendo gives Sony heavy competition in Asia and then there's the whole N64 v PSone thing.

MS competes to a degree in the USA and UK.

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Ever pay attention to global and  regional sales, not just what you would buy or think other people would buy?
Nintendo gives Sony heavy competition in Asia and then there's the whole N64 v PSone thing.

MS competes to a degree in the USA and UK.

This is dumb as hell though what the number of sales doesn’t tell you is the ammount of people who buy Switches who also have a PS4 or vice versa that’s the first thing.

The second thing is there aren’t adults out there choosing carefully between a PS4 and a Switch. Because they offer drastically different things. And therefore they aren’t competing. 

It’s like saying Rolls Royce is competing with Lamborghini because they have equivalent sales. It’s stupid because people interested in luxury cars will buy Rolls Royce and people interested in flashy sports cars will buy Lamborghini. They’re both cars but they (mostly) cater to two very different demographics and therefore aren’t competing.

Rolls Royce’s competition is Bentley not Lambo and Lambo’s competition is Maserati not Rolls Royce.

And then you’ll have people who like both luxury and flashy cars and those people will buy both just like people who like casual games (like Animal Crossing) and hardcore games (like DOOM).

• Like 2