Avoid Digital version

Like many others I experienced the glitch in the fourth level, Woodbury, where the game will crash when you die or when you reach the third day. This essentially forced me to give up on the game as I couldn't be bothered with attempting a speed run of such a demanding level. (See here + here)

I came across this post on reddit and figured I may as well test out what they had claimed. First of all I deleted all of my saves from the digital version of the game and deleted it off my PS4. I bought the physical (disc) version and played it without installing the patch (so version 1.00). This evening I reached Woodbury, and to my delight I was able to escape from it without any issues. I was able to save every evening like normal, and also die without consequence, and escaped on Day 6 without it crashing.

It would be great if more people contributed to this thread, even something as simple as stating which version you played (physical or digital) and whether or not you experienced issues with the fourth level, Woodbury. We could then possibly determine whether or not it is just an issue with the digital version alone. Thanks in advance

Make sense i had to rush the Woodbury level after one save i made at day 2. Also my trophy for crafting all melee weapons isn't popping. I did every weapons and now at the point to craft them all over again. 

What i did seems to have void the trophy from popping.. played from the pro to the fatty on Woodbury level (to see if it was a reason why it crash.. conclusion: it didn't help) and from the fatty to the pro again. All of that through savecloud.

Now i'm recrafting every items changing the order in case it could change something. And so far i'm getting nowhere.. maybe my profile savefile is corrupted due to the multiple times it crashed on the console. Nevertheless i'm still trying.. 

It gives me headaches thinking i gotta replay all the levels all over again with a fresh save and survive rushing through Woodbridge (again).. deep sigh ?

@Milanzzo That sucks to hear, haven't seen anyone else having issues with that trophy. You could try deleting the save data for Woodbury, then restart the level and craft the 3 items exclusive to that level (Flag Pole, Molten Coffee + Razor Claw). Might be worth a shot, as replaying from the beginning would be a headache indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/2/2020 at 4:30 AM, jdh0921 said:

Wondering if this is a problem specific to 1.01? Been wanting to do this game, but this glitch has put me off some. Only have the digital, so might have to put it on hold.

Any news on this? I mean, have they patched the game? I can't find a physical copy in my Region, so digital is the only way to go

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, MMDE said:

I think I did it on a non-Pro, but could also be a pro. :'D

No idea 1f605.png 1f602.png

Woodbury crashed every time... after basic actions like sleeping sometimes walking certain areas. What a nightmare! The game is great though. I wonder if it's fixed...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Woodbury is impossible, i can't reach Day 3 and every death from humans is instant crash.

So, is this an issue because of the updates? Can anyone confirm if playing the disc version (1.00) will solve the problem?

I can confirm as that’s what I did. I bought the disc version, played it without any patches and had no issues with Woodbury.

You could also try to downgrade the digital version to 1.00 and see if that helps, I never tried that but I’d imagine it would also work!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GraniteSnake said:

I can confirm as that’s what I did. I bought the disc version, played it without any patches and had no issues with Woodbury.

You could also try to downgrade the digital version to 1.00 and see if that helps, I never tried that but I’d imagine it would also work!

Yes i saw your post. But i also saw MMDE mention that he did the digital version without issues. That's why i was asking if anyone else tried with the disc version

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Woodbury is impossible, i can't reach Day 3 and every death from humans is instant crash.

So, is this an issue because of the updates? Can anyone confirm if playing the disc version (1.00) will solve the problem?

I actually did this on the digital version, non-pro ps4. You just gotta be quick. Once you know when it crashes and what to avoid it is doable.

4 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

I actually did this on the digital version, non-pro ps4. You just gotta be quick. Once you know when it crashes and what to avoid it is doable.

Do you remember how? I can rescue Glenn and Mishone in one day, but i can't get her to safety. The only way is to suicide so i will reset the day after killing the governor.

But then it crashes. And i think that even if it didn't crash, then i would be at Day 2 and i would have to escape without mistakes, since dying doesn't autosave.I would have to everything again

Unfortunately I don’t remember the specifics, no.

I remember almost losing my mind over it because of the crashes too. What I do know is that I used the guide on pst and did as much prep work as I could beforehand so that I only had to tasks left that were doable in one day.

I managed to do it as well. Not within 2 days as i still think is high improbable. 

You can do it as long as you never sleep (only then the game saves/crashes) and never die.

But even then your time limit is the end of Day 6, at the start of Day 7 it crashes again.

Some tips:

A) Max strength at Day 1

B When you go north to get the purple key and save Mishonne, go only after 23:00 as it's night and the humans can't see you.

C) In the area outside the Governor room, there is an enemy with a pistol. Kill him before you get Mishonne there

D) Break the wall above the Governor's room but not 100%. While Mishonne is in the room with him, break it completely to escape on the right (where the fence is)

E) Make sure to go on daytime to the fence and cut it completely, so you can just rush after Mishonne kills the Governor. You don't have to kill zombies, just bring a Working Radio to distract zombies and one Pliers as it cuts the fence with five attempts. The image with said fence is on the guide at pst. Also you don't need to have Glenn and Mishonne with you while you escape, the objectives are just save Glenn, save Mishonne, get Mishonne to Governor and escape (on your own)

As for the Comics and crafting items in this level. Comics autosave so there is no problem. Machine gun can be found in Alexandria, so craft the two modified weapons there.

The only thing that remains are the three items. Personally i did everything else in the other maps, and went to Woodbury last to get these three (plus the comics).

It took 5 days and search almost every crate from day 2 to 5 to find the Flag and Barber Scissors

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, Darth_Nogr said:

Finally got it. Even if guide states they autosave when created you still need to wait at night to make a save.  Otherwise they won't stay registered on the log when you load back

Very late to this party, but this was true in the original game as well. 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:54 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

I managed to do it as well. Not within 2 days as i still think is high improbable. 

You can do it as long as you never sleep (only then the game saves/crashes) and never die.

But even then your time limit is the end of Day 6, at the start of Day 7 it crashes again.

Some tips:

A) Max strength at Day 1

B When you go north to get the purple key and save Mishonne, go only after 23:00 as it's night and the humans can't see you.

C) In the area outside the Governor room, there is an enemy with a pistol. Kill him before you get Mishonne there

D) Break the wall above the Governor's room but not 100%. While Mishonne is in the room with him, break it completely to escape on the right (where the fence is)

E) Make sure to go on daytime to the fence and cut it completely, so you can just rush after Mishonne kills the Governor. You don't have to kill zombies, just bring a Working Radio to distract zombies and one Pliers as it cuts the fence with five attempts. The image with said fence is on the guide at pst. Also you don't need to have Glenn and Mishonne with you while you escape, the objectives are just save Glenn, save Mishonne, get Mishonne to Governor and escape (on your own)

As for the Comics and crafting items in this level. Comics autosave so there is no problem. Machine gun can be found in Alexandria, so craft the two modified weapons there.

The only thing that remains are the three items. Personally i did everything else in the other maps, and went to Woodbury last to get these three (plus the comics).

It took 5 days and search almost every crate from day 2 to 5 to find the Flag and Barber Scissors

And people say Sephiroth is a bad guy.this looks like gold.

• 2 months later...

So I really enjoy this series so it's a shame the digital version is glitched as it's actually quite expensive to buy the disc version.  I did just want to confirm that i played this on my alternate account up to woodbury and I just let myself die right off the bat and it gave me the error in application and sent me back to the main menu.  Hard to believe that Team 17 would literally just leave this game breaking bug and not bother to fix it.  I'll just leave the series off with escapist 2 and will probably think twice about buying any of their products in the future.  I was playing on the ps5 so if anyone is holding out hope that the 5 wouldn't crash the game it's no better.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...