Mad max platinum

austin989898

I got the platinum in september and the only glitches I hit were with the sound.  I kept careful track to make sure the every location I completed was added to the tracker for "up for the task" and changed save slots every hour or so just in case but didn't need to revert to a previous save at any point.  I'd advise you to do the same and back up the whole save to usb/cloud each day as an extra precaution.

• Like 3

I enjoyed this game and i really want to knock this plat off because i got so close but im not sure even nearly 5 years later i can stomach this grind again. Plus some of the challenges are a pain. 

Think i would stomach it if the up to the task trophy was fully sorted (only glitched trophy ive ever come across without getting patched). Was sooo pissed off that they never sorted it. Playtonic games sorted the first yooka laylee trophy glitch staight away. Some devs just seem to forgot about there players after release. If it wasnt for us they wouldnt be anything anyway

Edited by dannyswfc9

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

The only advice I can give you is to try and finish ALL challenges BEFORE cleaning up all areas, 'cos some challenges (Stick It To Ya) will be a pain in the a** to complete after you cleaned up all areas.

This^

I got the plat a few years back and back then when it was shitty regarding glitches etc, I never stumbled across game breaking ones for me. As kensei said above, be vigilant and do the challenges asap as waiting for spawns of enemies is very tedious and incredibly frustrating when or if it was the last thing to do for the plat. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, austin989898 said:

Hello id like to know if the platinum is obtainable if there is a new patch that allows you to get the few trophies that are glitched according to the guide

Some guides are just going to be outdated due to abandonment. I've stumbled upon some for different games. Mad Mad, like with other popular games, mostly works properly after its very recent patches. I started, played, and got the game's platinum this year without any significant issue discussed from older builds of the game. I'd consider getting the platinum again if the challenges weren't difficult and "grindy", tbh.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Would like to see a screenshot of all that.

Trophy for scavenging locations and history relics popped, wasteland challenges 190/191....

i’ve played with The latest updates from the beginnig....

Almost 80 hours... :( Grrrr

45 minutes ago, Rio__HUN said:

Trophy for scavenging locations and history relics popped, wasteland challenges 190/191....

Stupid question: Did you played disc or digital version?

Edited by kenseizenkai

6 hours ago, Rio__HUN said:

There have been reports that the patch isn't effective in certain areas if you started the game pre-patch. (As I've said, I started and completed the game in its already updated state.) Did you loot the location in the beginning area of the game where you need harpoon and jimmy bar and then go underground?

15 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

There have been reports that the patch isn't effective in certain areas if you started the game pre-patch. (As I've said, I started and completed the game in its already updated state.) Did you loot the location in the beginning area of the game where you need harpoon and jimmy bar and then go underground?

I've got the trophy for all scavenging locations...so that's mean..yes.

I also played an upgraded game from the beginnig. 

It doesn't matter if it's the disc or digital -- just make frequent backups. 

The glitch occurs when you die shortly after or during an autosave. When you 100% a location it auto saves. Stand still for a few seconds so it finishes the save. Clear out enemies before looting. 

Edited by Jacob Faulk-King

19 minutes ago, jacob8151996 said:

I did a ton of research after it glitched on me. 

It doesn't matter if it's the disc or digital -- just make frequent backups. 

The glitch occurs when you die shortly after or during an autosave. When you 100% a location it auto saves. Stand still for a few seconds so it finishes the save. Clear out enemies before looting. 

When I looked back I remember the moment I died while it was saving after 100% the location. No way I'll ever go back and redo it. Wish developers would fix their games. 

Yeah...

And i also hate this type of trophies. One trophy with a tons of tasks/work, like "personal decorator on COD: BOIII. So i have to play the whole game again from scratch...and make it 100% for one f*ckin trophy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rio__HUN said:

I've got the trophy for all scavenging locations...so that's mean..yes.

I also played an upgraded game from the beginnig. 

Never know. It's possible that could have been done on a separate save, or the trophy could have unlocked prematurely, etc.

You've had trophies since the game's launch year: 2015. Unless you're saying you started over a completely brand new game after the most recent patches.

Edited by EcoShifter

11 hours ago, Rio__HUN said:

Yeah...

And i also hate this type of trophies. One trophy with a tons of tasks/work, like "personal decorator on COD: BOIII. So i have to play the whole game again from scratch...and make it 100% for one f*ckin trophy. 

Yeah I'm still working on BOIII, way too many kills for all the camos. I know what you mean... 

15 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Never know. It's possible that could have been done on a separate save, or the trophy could have unlocked prematurely, etc.

You've had trophies since the game's launch year: 2015. Unless you're saying you started over a completely brand new game after the most recent patches.

Yeah... It was a fresh start two weeks ago... I wanted to play with the latest upgraded version to avoid glitches. :D 

yiiiiiss

Edited by Rio__HUN

• 2 weeks later...