Are there any strategies for these annoying penguins?

RachelCharlotte

A friend and I 'completed' the game today, but even after running around for some time in the seventh iteration we're still missing a whopping 25 penguins. Every once in a while one escapes, but even so there wouldn't have been nearly enough of them.

Are there any tips? Is there any knowledge regarding when and where they spawn? I was thinking that maybe moving between two small areas might be a good idea, but so far I haven't been able to find out whether there is a finite amount of them per century or whether we can at least stay in our present version of the world without being distracted by Mormo and the other aspects that should be obsolete after the last boss fight.

Edited by RachelCharlotte

On 22.12.2019 at 8:47 PM, RachelCharlotte said:

...cut...

I got 35/50 just while playing the game. Then I was "farming" last 15 by running across the world, no other option - took me 3-4h.

They are NEVER spawning on Mormo's castle, home and (obviously) town maps as well as "cursed" maps (where the background on the map is dark-red).

On the other hand... I still can not force "Toy Master" to pop... 

Edit:

Holy SHIT, I just got it!

Edited by Smashero

33 minutes ago, RachelCharlotte said:

during the same time period? Or did you at some point go to Mormo and start a new round?

I was limited to 7 days anyway, so got "forced" to kill Mormo when I was at 42/50, then new world started and I found the last 8 then... Finally.

• 5 months later...

For anyone who still needs the penguins, there is a much more efficient way than running around the map with no rhyme or reason. I found they have a significantly higher spawn rate in "cheerful" areas during the day time. I used a three room route of Forest > Beach > lighthouse (just to reset beach, can't spawn here) > beach > forest  etc... that yielded about one penguin a minute. Never went more than 7 or 8 rooms without a penguin, and sometimes got a few in a row. Also I was on the day before the final fight and would turn back time when there was a couple hours left. Doubt it has an influence on the penguins, but may be worth trying if you are not seeing good spawn rates. 

Hope this helps cut down your hour long penguin grinds to less than 60 minutes.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

All I did was walk between the two beaches. This spawned the penguins relatively quickly overall. Sometimes I would go 10 minutes without seeing a penguin, and then get 3 in a row. But it works well to just walk between area in quick succession. The penguins will spawn within view of where you walk in, so you don't have to explore the entire area.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I found that once the penguins weren't spawning I'd take the bus somewhere else. Usually a penguin would appear wherever I went. Then back to the beaches to get the rest. Make sure not to kill anything then you can grind for the penguins seemingly indefinitely. I got to day 17 and got my last penguin then went and fought Mormo again for the "real ending"