General Marius - not a fun guy

I have been unsuccessfully trying to fight this guy for over an hour and unleashed a torrent of cursing for his sake. I haven't seen him at all in my first three runs and then of course when I do my One-Life Mode runthrough he shows up! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH

Psyche Devourer does nothing. So much for a boss killer

His sword attacks hurt like hell

His special move is unblockable and takes half your HP

He has a stupid amount of HP and high defense

I figured out that Mind Sniper will interrupt his charge and seal him, which is great, but all the other points still make him harder than the final boss. I've managed to get him down to his last 10% but it was a lot of effort and then he raped me. 

Anyone got pointers for me? I mean I'm so pissed right now I won't be able to sleep until I beat him, but lay them down here for the next poor soul.

PSA: He mentions Gaius' attacks so whatever you do DON'T support Gaius attacking the capital - this guy is not worth it.

Edit: I finally calmed down and beat it after going back to do a few more levels and get better gems. Eventually I beat him with a team of Order Zulf, Chaos Long and Chaos Winchester. Spells were Soulmancy, Psyche Devourer and Bywwdi's Blessing. 

Edited by ChronoCliff
Rant mode over
  • Like 2