worth starting?

It took me a fair time to get used to the mechanics but if you stick with it and learn the loops in the match its well worth playing. Especially with others. 

And yeah that being said most of the community is super toxic so turn your messages off on your PS. 

Edited by Kwotey
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, Kwotey said:

It took me a fair time to get used to the mechanics but if you stick with it and learn the loops in the match its well worth playing. Especially with others. 

And yeah that being said most of the community is super toxic so turn your messages off on your PS. 

yeah gonna give it a crack soon definitely sounds like a fun game even if i don’t get the plat it’ll be a good experience 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-25 at 0:09 AM, aztekXI said:

yeah gonna give it a crack soon definitely sounds like a fun game even if i don’t get the plat it’ll be a good experience 

Try and love the game first, then do the platinum and 100%. Many trophies will come naturally, the others will require some effort. The majority of DLC trophies can be earned without purchasing the additional characters. You'll need to buy the characters in-game or in DLC packs to earn their respective trophies.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, aztekXI said:

how long does it take to find survivor games?

2 - 3 minutes most times because no one wants to play killer anymore due to how stressful and unbalanced it is at high ranks. Killer queues are instant on the other hand. 

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If you are only starting to 100% the game, I'd say no. I've been playing non-stop since October 2017 because I really love the game and still don't have 100%.

As far as fun factor, hell yeah pick it up. And remember, you are trying to have fun, nothing else!

• Like 1

On 2020-01-16 at 1:58 AM, aztekXI said:

already 70% done in a few weeks :P

I'd imagine you'll stay in that ballpark range for a long time.

If your focus is trophies? No. A large majority of them are extremely grindy and sometimes requires not just yourself to be skilled but your teammates, or extremely rare scenarios. I'd recommend checking the game out though, it'll definitely be a lot better in Spring (If the schedule I checked last is still accurate) as they'll be updating the overall feel of the game and have dedicated servers.

It seems like you're having fun so I suppose you answered your own question. From personal experience, I was obsessed with the game for a year or however long back when it was free on PS+, but it was the player base that turned me off eventually along with the awful servers/connection/lag. I have played Overwatch for years with its notoriously toxic fanbase, but I've never gotten more angry/violent messages through PSN than I have with dead by daylight. I know that comes with the territory of team-based multiplayer games, but still ruined the experience for me. Trophy-wise I never even attempted to go for the plat since most of the trophies are boring, grindy stuff (aka do something 100 times) developers only put it to make you play forever so you use the microtransaction system. Definitely a really fun game with friends, though.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'd imagine you'll stay in that ballpark range for a long time.

If your focus is trophies? No. A large majority of them are extremely grindy and sometimes requires not just yourself to be skilled but your teammates, or extremely rare scenarios. I'd recommend checking the game out though, it'll definitely be a lot better in Spring (If the schedule I checked last is still accurate) as they'll be updating the overall feel of the game and have dedicated servers.

yeah i’ve really enjoyed it i’ve kinda slowed down the past week or so on it but all i need to do it pretty much 500 kills and prestige 3 level 50, the few others will just come while getting them trophies 

11 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'd recommend checking the game out though, it'll definitely be a lot better in Spring (If the schedule I checked last is still accurate) as they'll be updating the overall feel of the game and have dedicated servers.

The dedicated servers have been enabled on PS4 two weeks ago. As for the rest, I have no idea how they’ll update the overall feel of the game. From what I know, they’re changing the Doctor and reworking the Hospital map.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

7 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

The dedicated servers have been enabled on PS4 two weeks ago. As for the rest, I have no idea how they’ll update the overall feel of the game. From what I know, they’re changing the Doctor and reworking the Hospital map.

Oh really? Sweet! I thought it was supposed to come out in the Spring? Also; could be wrong but didn’t they say they’re reworking the engine or something? Maybe I’m wrong, I remember a year or so ago I went away from the game until dedicated servers + the game running smoother

Edited by OmegaRejectz