Platinumus

Platinum time still the same ?

16 posts in this topic

Really considering giving this a go this holiday period . With all the updates and everything that has come out now. Is the time for the platinum roughly the same or can it be done faster due to updates etc ? 

My guess is that it’s roughly the same time. 
Leveling up can be done much quicker than at launch (double/triple xp events), but some trophies could take longer. Especially the Starfighter Assault trophies, as that mode isn’t as populated anymore. 

I would have to think the time to platinum is quicker now as gaining XP is much easier with constant 2X/3X events.  Getting Rank 50 is the last trophy most will need.

I also think some of the miscellaneous trophies got easier/quicker with the ability to play co-op against AI (like the heavy sentry gun or the vanguard) but I have never tried co-op.  Others can confirm here.

I made it from Level 39 to 50 in 3 days thanks to the triple XP. You can do some Trophies in co-op - for me it was "Not All Miss" and "We are the Spark". And, of course, "The Force Is Strong With This One". You can gain A LOT of XP in co-op.

Unfortunately, the 25 Head Shot Kills for "Scoped" are not obtainable in co-op. I got it in Galactic Assault.

But you can see - it took me 2 years for Platinum. So the XP event was worth it for me.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, flo82stgt said:

I made it from Level 39 to 50 in 3 days thanks to the triple XP. You can do some Trophies in co-op - for me it was "Not All Miss" and "We are the Spark". And, of course, "The Force Is Strong With This One". You can gain A LOT of XP in co-op.

Unfortunately, the 25 Head Shot Kills for "Scoped" are not obtainable in co-op. I got it in Galactic Assault.

But you can see - it took me 2 years for Platinum. So the XP event was worth it for me.

Ohhh, very good hint. Thx! So you can play the new co-op modes, get triple xp (as long as the event is active) and all counts towards We are the Spark and The Force is Strong With This One? Cool.

Edited by Schnoogemetzger

1 hour ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

Ohhh, very good hint. Thx! So you can play the new co-op modes, get triple xp (as long as the event is active) and all counts towards We are the Spark and The Force is Strong With This One? Cool.

Yes! took me four three days from rank 4 to 50 (around 16 - 18 hours, could be less) . 3xp + co-op was really helpful.

Edited by angelbless45

just to point out, the rank trophies won't pop right away using co-op (at least for me) my rank 25 trophy didn't pop right away so I went into an actual MP match and it popped while it was loading in so don't panic if it doesn't pop for you :)

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

Went from rank 1 to 50 within 3-4 days. Co-op mode really helped me rank up quick with the triple exp. 

I played as the separatist faction on co-op and when I got enough battle points I played as Bossk. You can really get alot of points with him (more so than any other hero character in my opinion) and by the end of each match I usually had around 50k points. Factor in the triple exp bonus and I was getting around 150k per match.

Wow, this co-op mode is fantastic. I've just tested it and it makes a lot more fun than the normal multiplayer for me. It's less frustrating.

43 minutes ago, Schnoogemetzger said:

Wow, this co-op mode is fantastic. I've just tested it and it makes a lot more fun than the normal multiplayer for me. It's less frustrating.

100% agree. I wish they had starfighter coop to make those trophies easier.

Forgive my ignorance, but coop simply lets you play the game with bots? I havent logged in. in over a year so I'm behind on latest changes. 

4 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Forgive my ignorance, but coop simply lets you play the game with bots? I havent logged in. in over a year so I'm behind on latest changes. 

Right, it does force you with 3 other players though, but its good fun if you have 3 pals to play with.

12 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Right, it does force you with 3 other players though, but its good fun if you have 3 pals to play with.

Awesome, more PvE is always up my alley. Thanks bud!!

3 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

which trophies are available in coop?

You can do all of them except the 25 headshots as a scout

For level 25 and 50, it wont unlock directly at the end of the coop game, just start any multiplayer game and trohy will unlock while map is loading ;)

I'd say, with the exception of triple or double xp the coop mode can still land you tons of xp. I was almost always first place with the 1k bp heroes. I stopped playing all modes except for that.