Updated for 2022: The Ultimate Try-Hard Build for Below level 50 Emperor

Sergen

Excellent, excellent thread.  Really appreciate all the information.  Going to check my High Elf Sorcerer and see where we differ on equipment and points.  Looks like I'll need to pay for ESO Plus to get back to those crafting stations.  Is it possible to get an idea on your skill rotation?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PermaFox said:

Excellent, excellent thread.  Really appreciate all the information.  Going to check my High Elf Sorcerer and see where we differ on equipment and points.  Looks like I'll need to pay for ESO Plus to get back to those crafting stations.  Is it possible to get an idea on your skill rotation?

Considering the enemies in a campaign are just trash enemies and not bosses, the "rotation" would be to use Unstable Wall of Elements on the enemies at the flag to cause an off balance effect on the enemies and do damage over time. Use Toppling Charge on the mender enemies while they are healing their allies because that also stops them from doing it as well as sets them off balance and use puncturing sweeps to finish them off. Stuff like Soul Trap, Force Shock and Eclipse are more for the PvP aspect of this game, being damage over time and ranged skills, Eclipse is especially good for the damage reflection against people. I'm not sure what kind of skills you would be able to unlock at level 32 as a Sorcerer, so unfortunately I can't give much advice in that avenue, but I can imagine you can bring 2 pets to the battle which will be annoying to people considering their skills will attack your pets a lot of the time rather than you.

• Like 1

Thank you.  Right now I'm running 2 pets to solo as much as I can.  I've been interested in starting a new toon, Templar, and with your information looks like I'll be working on that this week.  Plus, I've been wanting to get away from the pet build.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@Sergen  When testing this build with Breton and Dark Elf, did you notice any advantages of either race? Right now I'm going to try the build using a Breton Templar that is already at Level 32 (Crafter), respecing the skills.

Breton is probably better because you don’t max out racial passives until level 50. The benefit of Breton is magicka recovery and a lower cost to magicka abilities, whereas a Dark Elf has weapon and spell damage. Either way, both work well for achieving your goals. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Breton is probably better because you don’t max out racial passives until level 50. The benefit of Breton is magicka recovery and a lower cost to magicka abilities, whereas a Dark Elf has weapon and spell damage. Either way, both work well for achieving your goals. 

Thanks.  Going to roll a new toon as the crafter is at Level 50 and don't want to pull those points.  Will be good to start again with a new setup.

• 1 month later...
On 11/03/2020 at 2:37 PM, BellandDog said:

Well, If I ever try to play this game after finishing some games on my backlog I might do this or something similar

It’s not going to be something you’re capable of accomplishing just by casually starting the game as a beginner. The Coldharbour’s Favorite set if you make it yourself will take a minimum of around 40-80 days of real life waiting time to research the traits on enough gear, depending on the gear you want to wear. This thread is rather showing that soloing keeps is possible but I wouldn’t expect a trophy hunter to just waltz in and be able to follow what I’ve done with the build immediately. Magicka Templar is something I spent around 1000 hours playing before I ever tried to take it to the below level 50 campaign. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been playing this game for a couple of years and the only character I used had all of the crafting traits (except for nirnhoned) I'll give this guide a shot since I only need emperor and imperial motif for the plat. And since normal campaigns now reset at 30 days instead of 7. I'll let you guys know my luck (and I'll also try to convince some of my guildies to help but they are not into trophy hunting xD) 

12 minutes ago, ShadowManuX said:

I've been playing this game for a couple of years and the only character I used had all of the crafting traits (except for nirnhoned) I'll give this guide a shot since I only need emperor and imperial motif for the plat. And since normal campaigns now reset at 30 days instead of 7. I'll let you guys know my luck (and I'll also try to convince some of my guildies to help but they are not into trophy hunting xD) 

The below level 50 campaign, which this build was designed for is a campaign that resets once every 7 days. This wouldn't be viable in any other campaigns.

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The below level 50 campaign, which this build was designed for is a campaign that resets once every 7 days. This wouldn't be viable in any other campaigns.

I know that. What I meant (it seems that the text got deleted) is that before campaigns reset in a week except for one which reset at 30 days. Now the game got updated and all campaigns reset at 30 days except for below lvl 50. That's why I said that I'll give this guide a shot, since I gave this trophy for lost as I had to wait 30 days in normal campaigns to try to rush the emperor but now it will be different n.n/

8 minutes ago, ShadowManuX said:

I know that. What I meant (it seems that the text got deleted) is that before campaigns reset in a week except for one which reset at 30 days. Now the game got updated and all campaigns reset at 30 days except for below lvl 50. That's why I said that I'll give this guide a shot, since I gave this trophy for lost as I had to wait 30 days in normal campaigns to try to rush the emperor but now it will be different n.n/

I do actually have a stronger build than this, but if other players could see it then it would probably be used by people who devote their life to fucking up the below level 50 campaign, so I am holding back the public knowledge of what I am able to make so I can out perform this build if I come across it if I feel like playing below level 50 again.

Here's a demonstration of my new build in a battlegrounds match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshtS_mWm6s

However the build in the thread is still solid enough to take out most people in the below level 50 PvP as the below videos show:

1v3 Victory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW-SsD81uIg&feature=youtu.be

1v4 Keep Defense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5bftlkAbx0&feature=youtu.be

Emperor Slayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJV-jgvA6Vs&feature=youtu.be

At least the videos I've linked prove its usefulness in the actual PvP. Albeit I don't consider anything done in below level 50 to be skill based as it is just a bunch of try hards who gate keep it and they can't compete at their own level.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Sergen Great read! A build of this scale indeed would require a lot of prep work but it's definitely worth it. A couple of questions which I feel like I already know the answers to:

• Would the same items build (or any other builds) be applicable to Level 50 (No CP) campaigns? Or does the level 50 scaling messes it up? Asking because I'd much rather attempt it on my character (570 Nightblade Sorc) than creating a new one. Not the worst thing in the world, but having that sweet Emperor outfit is to die for :)
  • Does that mean that you would essentially put yourself on a timer once hitting level 32 in terms of gaining XP and levels? I mean, I'd imagine there's no way to stop your leveling, and PvP campaigns give plenty of XP

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, iamdrdoog said:

So far the build’s been dominating, I’m now crafting the sets and I just realised the shoulders are medium. Is there any reason for that? Would it not work better if they were light or heavy?

If you unlock medium armor passives they can be beneficial, but I guess you don't need to worry about that below level 50 and should opt for a light or heavy armor piece there.

• Like 1

Hello, I really enjoyed the build and was able to solo a keep (not able to be top of leaderboard or take all 6 at once, sigh).  Unfortunately, I have leveled my toon past 50 and cannot try this myself.  You post a video of battlegrounds - would this build be good to attempt Triple Threat and Most Valuable Combatant?  Does Capture the Flag would require a lot of teamwork to get three at once?  Since you can only queue solo you really need to be the best on your team since you are also competing with them.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, kandbw1138 said:

Hello, I really enjoyed the build and was able to solo a keep (not able to be top of leaderboard or take all 6 at once, sigh).  Unfortunately, I have leveled my toon past 50 and cannot try this myself.  You post a video of battlegrounds - would this build be good to attempt Triple Threat and Most Valuable Combatant?  Does Capture the Flag would require a lot of teamwork to get three at once?  Since you can only queue solo you really need to be the best on your team since you are also competing with them.  Thanks!

I've earned more than 3,000 points many times in Deathmatch with this build and Triple Threat is rather a case of getting to the relic before other people on your team do, you'll get to tank through people's damage when you do attempt to grab the relic and take it back and for the most part below level 50 players often don't pay attention to the objective. Using this build for now will be viable for those two trophies you've mentioned, however it may get nerfed soon with the fact that Zenimax wants to add a 3 second cooldown on AoE abilities and puncturing sweeps is classed as one of those and will be affected. The players on PC are going through the public test server for those PvP changes and hopefully they don't go through altogether otherwise it's gonna ruin the Templar class in that environment.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:02 PM, Sydoki said:

@Sergen Great read! A build of this scale indeed would require a lot of prep work but it's definitely worth it. A couple of questions which I feel like I already know the answers to:

• Would the same items build (or any other builds) be applicable to Level 50 (No CP) campaigns? Or does the level 50 scaling messes it up? Asking because I'd much rather attempt it on my character (570 Nightblade Sorc) than creating a new one. Not the worst thing in the world, but having that sweet Emperor outfit is to die for :)
  • Does that mean that you would essentially put yourself on a timer once hitting level 32 in terms of gaining XP and levels? I mean, I'd imagine there's no way to stop your leveling, and PvP campaigns give plenty of XP

At level 50 CP 160, you have far more diverse gear options so it becomes a long winded conversation. You are also going to be facing more experienced competition. 

The answer to the second question is yes. If you are following around people that aren’t in your group, you can let them kill most of the guards then stand on the flag to reduce XP gains, but you will still eventually hit lvl 50 if you are trying to grind out emp. Also, you outlevel your gear fairly quickly which can be really annoying. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, redheroes said:

Hi @Sergen

Thanks for this awesome build! I managed to get Emperor last night with this build.

Congratulations for that! It's actually pretty outdated by my current standards, but I've left it here because the effort to post an update isn't worth my time because the current build I posted is enough for people to do it with as you've proven yourself. Glad to see someone take it out and prove its viability over 2 years after I posted it hahaha. 

• 2 months later...

Hey, am really looking into building this and giving <50 cp a go (or three). Would the updated version take a long time to build/write? If the gear used is the same would it be ok if I craft a set for lvl 26 and one for lvl 34/36? (I’d be reusing these on diffrent chars once I outlevel the campaign). Hopefully I’ll be able to get it and help others do so (have a psprofiles session open for trophies) will post here if I acutally do manage it. Thank you for this amazing guide and for your fishing guide which made  Master Fisher a breeze (40ish hourse breeze haha)

A few days later I finally got it, will write a more detailed post with the experice which was amazing (but now I need my sleep)

Edited by TehTeribad
  • Like 2