Updated for 2022: The Ultimate Try-Hard Build for Below level 50 Emperor

Sergen

I haven't played in a while, Last time I played, I hit LV50 and got like 30 Hero levels or CP levels.

would this work on a fresh Toon at lv30's or would having CP Points put me at a disadvantage, with the weird scaling it adds?
*After hitting CP 1, it threw me against players w 350+ CP from what i could tell in the "battle grounds / Alliance conquest" areas. - and haven't played since ( about a year)

9 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I haven't played in a while, Last time I played, I hit LV50 and got like 30 Hero levels or CP levels.

would this work on a fresh Toon at lv30's or would having CP Points put me at a disadvantage, with the weird scaling it adds?
*After hitting CP 1, it threw me against players w 350+ CP from what i could tell in the "battle grounds / Alliance conquest" areas. - and haven't played since ( about a year)

The CP system is a level you gain after you hit level 50 on the character you're playing with, but it has no impact on playing the below level 50 campaign because CP isn't allowed in that campaign. 

Edited by Sergen

6 hours ago, Sergen said:

The CP system is a level you gain after you hit level 50 on the character you're playing with, but it has no impact on playing the below level 50 campaign because CP isn't allowed in that campaign. 

Ok good to know. Lol.

I'm shit at pvp as it stand xD

I know this is a very specific topic but it would be amazing to see an Emperor driven PvP build for 50+. I'm sure looking at practically any PvP guide will make it sufficient enough, but I doubt any of these guides put an emphasis on the points gain.

Nice work nonetheless! 

13 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I know this is a very specific topic but it would be amazing to see an Emperor driven PvP build for 50+. I'm sure looking at practically any PvP guide will make it sufficient enough, but I doubt any of these guides put an emphasis on the points gain.

Nice work nonetheless! 

After level 50 you have all the time in the world to level up every skill line and get gear + skill points because you're not limited by hitting level 50 banning you from the campaign you want to play in. Above level 50 PvP is very different because at least campaigns of that level have more players, thus you can play with a solo build or group build and try to help more people out. It depends on your campaign choice as well, Ravenwatch (No-CP) is also a no proc campaign where gear sets that have special effects tied to doing abilities or gear that has dynamic damage buffs isn't allowed to be used there, however the "Flames of Ambition" patch made this a part of the whole PvP as a performance test so builds from that patch are relevant in Ravenwatch. I think it's a given that above level 50 you should have all racial passives, all class passives, armor passives and fighter's guild at a bare minimum, then if you want to play Magicka classes it's a good idea to have Mages Guild and Psijic Order leveled up and get all passives there. 

Edited by Sergen

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

After level 50 you have all the time in the world to level up every skill line and get gear + skill points because you're not limited by hitting level 50 banning you from the campaign you want to play in. Above level 50 PvP is very different because at least campaigns of that level have more players, thus you can play with a solo build or group build and try to help more people out. It depends on your campaign choice as well, Ravenwatch (No-CP) is also a no proc campaign where gear sets that have special effects tied to doing abilities or gear that has dynamic damage buffs isn't allowed to be used there, however the "Flames of Ambition" patch made this a part of the whole PvP as a performance test so builds from that patch are relevant in Ravenwatch. I think it's a given that above level 50 you should have all racial passives, all class passives, armor passives and fighter's guild at a bare minimum, then if you want to play Magicka classes it's a good idea to have Mages Guild and Psijic Order leveled up and get all passives there. 

Do you reckon it's realistic for a solo player to attempt Emperor on a 50+ character? I'm well far off into the game (CP 1020 ish) but I'm dreading the day I'm gonna finally get to Emperor...if at all.

I know it'd be a lot easier to make a second character and follow the sub 50 approach - but not having the Emperor's costume on the main feels bad ?

13 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Do you reckon it's realistic for a solo player to attempt Emperor on a 50+ character? I'm well far off into the game (CP 1020 ish) but I'm dreading the day I'm gonna finally get to Emperor...if at all.

I know it'd be a lot easier to make a second character and follow the sub 50 approach - but not having the Emperor's costume on the main feels bad 1f605.png

The Emperor costume is account wide and now the achievement/title is as well, nothing to lose from doing it below level 50. The no-CP campaign might be quiet enough for one night to get it solo but it is more likely to have people who don't sleep in there and unlike below level 50 people can't level out of the campaign and can keep going forever. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:18 AM, Sergen said:

The Emperor costume is account wide and now the achievement/title is as well, nothing to lose from doing it below level 50. The no-CP campaign might be quiet enough for one night to get it solo but it is more likely to have people who don't sleep in there and unlike below level 50 people can't level out of the campaign and can keep going forever. 

Oooh! I wasn't aware they introduced account-wide rewards! That's great! In this case sub-50 might be the best way. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, CauseImNeb said:

After update 35 with the Templar nerfs do you think this build still can solo keeps and generally perform well? Thinking I'll probably give it a try either way

Yeah I don't think there's anything really stopping it, they made puncturing sweeps cost less to cast so sustain would be better anyway but the next best alternative class I've used recently for soloing keeps in the no-CP campaign was Dragonknight where you can use Deep Breath on enemies inside the keep to burst them down in AOE and self heal with coagulating blood if you're being overwhelmed and at least that class has the ability to use an ultimate to regain resources. However at this point I'll never use a below level 50 character again to try anything else out so what I've wrote about Templar is what'll stay here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got emperor yesterday using the build in this guide. I didn't had all my gear fully upgraded to purple though and i'd have to admit I was playing with 2 others pretty consistently but I managed to do it.

In case anyone is curious, here are total amount of materials you need;

Armor
Chest, Legs , Head, Legs, Shoulders
53 Orichalcum Ingots
Hands, Girlde 
20 Cotton
Staffs
16 Sanded Beech

Glyphs
4x Moderate Magica
3X Moderate Health
3X Moderate Magica recovery
1 X Moderate shock
1 X Moderate Absorb Magica

Total Runes needed for glyphs
11 Edora    
5 Makko
3 Oko
3 Makkoma
1 Melp
1 Pojode

Upgrade mats
21 Zircon platings
35 Dwarven oil

4 Pitch
6 Turpen
8 Mastic

6 Terne plating
9 Iridium plating
12 Zircon plating

4 Hemming
6 Embroidery
9 Elegant Lining

10 Honing Stone
15 Dwarven oil
20 Grain Solvent

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, A210221100 said:

so im cleaning up trophies from the games dlc and sooner or later i will have to go for the emperor. is the sets and build up to date with the latest update?

Yeah but for the Emperor trophy it won't matter that much because you don't need the most optimized build to get any trophy. 

• 1 month later...

Great guide @Sergen. I've been loving this game and was planning on getting emp eventually the normal way with my guild on Grey Host. That said, I am curious about something:

The try-hard part of this guide is the trait researching. My main is a master crafter and has maxed out traits on all of the light, medium, and heavy gear already. Couldn't I just build all the Twice Born Star gear, equip so it goes in my stickerbook, and then re-craft on my low level character? You still need to wait the huge amount of time regardless for every trait, but at least if you're maxing crafting on your main, you're doing other stuff as well and don't have to wait the huge amount of time again with a new character.

I haven't actually tried this since I've been exclusively playing on my main who is a Magcro and I don't have any alts. The stickerbook is supposed to be account wide, so I'm not sure of any reason it wouldn't work, but please let me know if anybody sees a flaw in the logic.

If it works, this might help someone who wants to play ESO to 100%, but doesn't have any interest in PVP or alts, but does like crafting. If you want to do all the rest of the trophies that this mountain of a game has to offer, you're going to be playing the full length of time it will take to research everything anyway.

20 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

Great guide @Sergen. I've been loving this game and was planning on getting emp eventually the normal way with my guild on Grey Host. That said, I am curious about something:

The try-hard part of this guide is the trait researching. My main is a master crafter and has maxed out traits on all of the light, medium, and heavy gear already. Couldn't I just build all the Twice Born Star gear, equip so it goes in my stickerbook, and then re-craft on my low level character? You still need to wait the huge amount of time regardless for every trait, but at least if you're maxing crafting on your main, you're doing other stuff as well and don't have to wait the huge amount of time again with a new character.

I haven't actually tried this since I've been exclusively playing on my main who is a Magcro and I don't have any alts. The stickerbook is supposed to be account wide, so I'm not sure of any reason it wouldn't work, but please let me know if anybody sees a flaw in the logic.

If it works, this might help someone who wants to play ESO to 100%, but doesn't have any interest in PVP or alts, but does like crafting. If you want to do all the rest of the trophies that this mountain of a game has to offer, you're going to be playing the full length of time it will take to research everything anyway.

Unfortunately crafted gear isn't gear that gets counted in the sticker book so it actually has to be manually crafted every time you want to use it, only gear that actually has to be farmed from in-game sources such as dungeons, world bosses, trials, etc will be added to the sticker book for recreation later, I guess they thought that if people could "collect" a 9 trait set to craft with only 1 trait it'd be unfair on the people who actually take the researching seriously. You have to use low level materials to create the gear sets for below level 50 but fortunately they're usually very cheap to buy and especially now with people farming the arcanist and probably getting an abundance of those low level materials from deconstructing stuff they were getting while being a below level 50 arcanist, people in the game are usually helpful in crafting sets that require 9 traits as long as you give them the materials or below level 50 materials will probably be something the person has thousands of already and will use for free. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, Sergen said:

Unfortunately crafted gear isn't gear that gets counted in the sticker book so it actually has to be manually crafted every time you want to use it, only gear that actually has to be farmed from in-game sources such as dungeons, world bosses, trials, etc will be added to the sticker book for recreation later, I guess they thought that if people could "collect" a 9 trait set to craft with only 1 trait it'd be unfair on the people who actually take the researching seriously. You have to use low level materials to create the gear sets for below level 50 but fortunately they're usually very cheap to buy and especially now with people farming the arcanist and probably getting an abundance of those low level materials from deconstructing stuff they were getting while being a below level 50 arcanist, people in the game are usually helpful in crafting sets that require 9 traits as long as you give them the materials or below level 50 materials will probably be something the person has thousands of already and will use for free. 

Ah that explains things then. As long as the materials are available, at least you can still craft on your main if they're a master crafter and shift to your alt via the bank. Sounds like the bottlenecks here are total research time on a single character + availability of low level materials to craft.

Thanks again for the interesting and detailed guide. Very great write-up.

Edited by Solarus755
  • Like 1